3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tunning issue  (Read 247 times)

Offline OregonBlacktail

• Trad Bowhunter
Tunning issue
« on: March 14, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
I'm bare shaft tunning my ILF recurve. It shoot off an elevated rest with a plunger. I'm getting my fletched and bare shaft arrows to group together except my bare shafts are angled about 25 degrees to the left of dead stright. I'm at a loss as to what adjustments I need to make next.
Thanks
Mike

Offline J.T.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tunning issue
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »
Assuming your right handed left would indicate a weak spine so you could reduce point weight, increase brace height, or I believe you could move your rest out.  Not sure on the rest movement as I've never shot off a rest but a bow cut short of center requires a slightly lower spine so it would seem to me that moving your rest out a little would help.  If your arrows are grouping together it sounds like your very close to the right spine and probally need only a snmall adjustment.

good luck
70" [email protected] Northern Mist Classic
70" 73@32 Northern Mist Whitbeck

Michigan Longbow association

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 08:07:00 PM »
Using a plunger the spring tension on the plunger can affect it also.My plunger on my ILF came with 3 different springs.Try a different spring if you have it.I had the weakest spring in and it showed a weak spine.Changed to the medium spring and brought my arrows back to wear I wanted them.Just a thought of something to try.

Offline CoilSpring

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 11:16:00 PM »
Good advice above, sent you an email w/attachment.
CoilSpring

Offline OregonBlacktail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 02:38:00 PM »
Thanks for the help. The arrows where stiff. I was able to get them close with the 250 tips but not were they should be. I don't really want to go to 300 gr. So would I be able to foot the arrow and not stiffen it? If the footing didn't got past the insert would it only add weight?
Thanks
Mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©