3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Zipper fans  (Read 726 times)

Offline chrisherring

• Trad Bowhunter
Zipper fans
« on: March 15, 2013, 10:19:00 AM »
I have traded for a Zipper SXT recurve 64" 46 @ 28 here on the classified and just wanted the opinion of guys that have shot or owned zippers.
Also the last two bows I have owned I haven't had good luck with selecting arrows.  I have tried bareshafting and got close but haven't gotten them to fly as good as I want.  What would be your suggestions on arrows for this bow I draw about 27" so I will be pulling roughly 43 lbs.  I want to go buy some arrows to test with and just want to get close to start bareshaft testing.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Zipper fans
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
You simply cannot beat a Zipper!
I own an SXT and a Nitro...both exceptional bows and shooters.

My SXT is about 53-54 at my draw length and shoots a GT 5575 arrow well.  I would think yours would shoot a 3555 pretty well with the tip loaded up a bit.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »
I have a Zipper ZSR with two sets of limbs,my longbow limbs are 55#@28 and I shoot Axis N-fused 400 with 75 gr. insert and 125 gr point out of it.I also shoot shoot CE Maxima hunter 250 with 200 gr. points,both sets fly just beatifully.I have a set a Evo Accel recurve limbs 45#@28,I shoot CE Maxima 150 with 145 gr. points.Both sets of limbs are carbon&foam core,fast and quiet.Zipper makes some nice shooting bows.I had no problem with bareshafting mine.With your bow I would start with a .500 spine full length and tune and trim from there.

Offline Matthew Bolton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »
I love my zipper 61@30 and 62 inches long. Throws an arrow hard and isn't super picky about your arrow choice. Bill and Tracy can't be beat when it comes to doing business with. To me you can't go wrong with a zipper!!

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »
I have a Zipper and I actually attempted to trade it because I am more into shooting longbows and self bows. But the bow is a work of art and it performs exceptionally well, Because it is 58" I am having a hard time deciding to use the Zipper or the Selfbow I just made for turkey hunting this Spring, but sometimes problems don't always have to be bad problems right.
Besides the bow, Bill is a true gentlemen and he treat's you with excellent service whether you bought one bow or twenty from him.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Online spotteddog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »
Have had a nitro for about a month and a zsr on order really like them. Can't go wrong with a zipper great bows and people.

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 12:29:00 PM »
Do not have as of now but will say Bill and Tracy great to deal with!!!!   :thumbsup:
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline troy butler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »
Have one 55lb love it I dont ever plan on letting it leave. And I will second gerat people to work with.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
I have 2 SXT,the elder is been my go to for all last year,I took 5 wild boar with it. These bows are incredibly quiet,fast and accurate. For my 57# I use some 400 spine carbon cut at 29",my draw, 300 grains upfront .
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 04:06:00 PM »
Bill and Tracy will surprise you with their generosity,I can't speak high enough of these people.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 05:23:00 PM »
Best bows I have ever shot !!! Bill and Tracy Dunn are even better people.   :thumbsup:  

I own an SXT with 2 sets of limbs and a Nitro. Will never part with any of it. Actually trying to figure out what my next Zipper will be.  :D  

Bill

Offline chrisherring

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »
Thanks guys I sm looking forward to getting it.  I think it is going to be my 3d bow so I want to get a pretty fast arrow that flys good out of it.

Offline monsterbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 11:27:00 PM »
I have owned, and shot several Zippers, they are top of the line in my book. Can't beat them, or Bill. Great bows, and people. Thanks. God bless.
John 3:16  Whosoever Will

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 06:54:00 AM »
Love Zippers.  Just neat looking and well made.  Amazingly, I just sold mine!  It was a 64" carbon/foam longbow 46#.  Very accurate, blazing fast for its weight, but I chose to move it because A. I have to many dang bows and am trying to shoot a couple very well.  B. my 66" Leon Stewart Slammer takedown just shot a bit sweeter for me and is also blazing fast.  Truth be told if I get another Zipper I think Im gonna go with bamboo limbs instead of the carbon/foam again.  To me at least the carbon/foam had kind of a dry/hollow character to it on release that all my boo bows don't have, hard to describe...all my boo bows just felt more supple.

Either way, doubt it will be my last Zipper.  Definitely one of the top bow makes there is.  Def in my top five.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 05:35:00 PM »
I have a Zipper with 2 sets of limbs, one makes a 64" 49# and the other a 58" 46#. I also have a Zipper Standard ILF riser with several sets of limbs.....tough to beat a Zipper!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Tyler C. Moore

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 06:14:00 PM »
WELCOME TO THE CLUB !! Like said above. You cannot beat the looks, performance, or customer service of Bill and Tracy. Top of the pack all the way.

I shoot my #46 SXT with either Easton Axis 500, 50 grn brass insert and 125 grn head.

Or Beeman Explorers for stumping with 200 up front.
Tyler C. Moore

Offline chrisherring

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 03:30:00 PM »
I recieved the zipper in the mail today and it did not disapoint.  I can't wait to get out and shoot it more.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »
AD Trads. I have been hearing more and more about these shafts. If you can't get any other arrow to work, then shoot these!

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 08:15:00 PM »
chris
glad you like the zipper
it shot full length 55-75s well with 225 up front
dont know your draw length but i draw 30 in
Kevin

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 09:52:00 PM »
I'm a zipper fan!  Just traded for a new nitro.   The sxt curve is smooth to draw, quiet, no shock whatsoever, and fast!  Glad u like it.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©