3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Please Post PICS of Your POSSIBLES BAGS and Haversacks..  (Read 319 times)

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
Please Post PICS of Your POSSIBLES BAGS and Haversacks..
« on: March 16, 2013, 12:07:00 AM »
Hey all,

I'd like to ask a favor of you fellas.  How about posting some pics of your Possibles Bags, Haversacks and similar packs that you all use to carry your gear and water.

I'm looking for ideas on how I can get the things I want/need to take afield in the most manageable pack possible.  I would prefer a Possibles Bag or Shoulder Side bag to carry everything, but I realize I might have to end up carrying my arrows on my bow in a lightweight bow quiver.  I've never used a bow quiver and don't know how I would like it.

I don't have to carry a lot of stuff afield at all, just a few necessities, but one of them is water.  Can't go far at all without drink.  Every time I think about a Possibles Bag I come up with the reality of how I would make it work with the needs I have for carrying water with me.  I don't want a bag on my side where my water bottles or BOTA BAG is slip-sliding all around the inside of it.  I haven't seen very many, if any, Possibles Bags that have water bottle holders.
That puts me in the Tactical Type Shoulder Bags that do have the separate compartments as well as water bottle holders.

I have also thought about a pack that has a water bladder built in.  I've never used one.  The ones I have seen that have possibilities all seem to have ample storage capabilities but to access some of your stuff you have to take the pack off and unzip to get to it.  Like if you have your Binos in your pack and you want to take a look around, you just can't reach down and grab them, or if you want to snap a quick picture of something interesting, you have to get into your zippered area where you have it stowed.

Anyway, hopefully you are seeing my point and my frustration at trying to find a solution.  If I knew I would like a lightweight bow mounted quiver it would make things easier as I could just use that to carry my arrows from here on out, but I have never even touched one, let alone used one on my bow to see how it feels.

So if you don't mind, how about posting some pics of your Possibles Bags, Haversacks, Side Shoulder Bags, Packs with Water Bladders and so forth.  I'd like to see how you solved your needs of carrying a small amount of gear and water....and possibly arrows.
I'll be interested to see what you all have came up with.

If you have any tips or suggestions, feel free to post those as well.  I always like to get ideas from others that have figured it out.

If you too are trying to come up with something to carry your gear afield with water, you might want to take a look at the MAXPEDITION bags.  Go to  www.maxpedition.com  and click on the VERSIPACKS link.  You'll see a variety of side bags that give you the ability to carry your gear and water along with your CCW pistol.  These bags are what I am currently leaning towards using.

Thanks all for your time and help.

nalajr

Offline misfire

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Please Post PICS of Your POSSIBLES BAGS and Haversacks..
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 08:10:00 AM »
I use this canvas military surplus bag with some fleese material sewed on the side to hold a water bottle. It's big enough to hold everything I need and cost me around $5.

Mark

"The shortest distance from the earth to your mouth is the best." ~Wendell Berry~

Offline JJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 08:34:00 AM »
Larry - There was a good thread a little while ago that might be helpful for you, I hope the link below works.
-Jay

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=106799

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 01:55:00 PM »
Charlie Lamb had a nice one from Asbell on our Oct hunt...
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline floodman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 08:09:00 PM »
just ordered a Versipack,thanks for the Link...

Offline Bowmag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 10:09:00 PM »
The Maxpedition is a very well made, heavy duty bag. But those puppies are stiff. They can be pretty noisy if you get in brush.
Colburn

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 03:55:00 AM »
Yeah those Versipacks are stiff, but I understand that they are top notch quality.
There are also other brands that are of similar design and have the same basic features that aren't made of the 1000 denier stuff, they are less expensive too.  I don't have any brands off the top of my head, but you can google "tactical shoulder bags" and a bunch will come up, **** too will have bunches including some right from China.

Glad I could help Floodman.  Let us know how it is when you get it as I am really interested in this type of bag.  Check and see if a lightweight quiver could be mounted on it anywhere that would be feasible.

Anyone else have pics of their packs?

Nalajr

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 05:39:00 AM »
I use a medium sized daypack of 22 liter max. I can make the main compartment bigger/smaller with zipping/unzipping.
I use a Deuter hydrationsystem which fits in the pack. it holds two liter. It is anti-fungus and anti-bacterial and the water doesn't taste like plastic. You can buy those hydrationsystems (like Camelbag, Platypus and Deuter)apart and use them in whatever you like.
I like my set-up very much for a day in the woods! Very practicle!

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 05:39:00 AM »
Double post sorry. I hate Photobucket!
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline dhaverstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 07:45:00 AM »
Here's a few pictures of a couple of bags I've recently made.

Darren

Offline DeCurry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »
For transporting water in a haversack-type setup, I recommend a collapsible water bottle, like the Platyplus Plusbottle.

Camelbak-style water bladders can also be bought separately, you don't have to get a pack that includes one; they come in various sizes, and I used one with a haversack for awhile, it worked well.
"I was raised on wolves milk, though it seems I sleep like a lamb."

Offline Bowmag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »
dhaverstick, those are some really nice bags. Lots of quality hand work and looks like a very good grade of leather.
Colburn

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »
Bison Gear haversack.  I had an Asbell for a short time but found this one far more to my liking.

The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Online Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 06:50:00 PM »
I like that Bison Gear one a lot.  Looks easy to keep things well organized and I really like how easy it is to spot the stuff against hunter orange.
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©