3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: If you had around 600.00  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: If you had around 600.00
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2007, 08:28:00 AM »
Rivers Edge, great bows! Very quick and quiet. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »
The classifieds have a Predator 3-piece,60",60lbs,
for $600.00. Exotic looking. Nice bow.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »
Travis, Lee are good bows, but if ya want true performance and a great shooter that is quiet a RER is very hard to beat. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Marblesonac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
I would visit a bowyer near you, and in Montana you have several great ones.

IF you disregard that advice, then buy a used one that strikes your fancy from the classifieds.
Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes....

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2007, 11:19:00 AM »
Get a used Widow.It is a great bow and the only one listed that you could sell again without losing money.You could even do a test drive first.

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2007, 11:23:00 AM »
Go with Assenheimer 2 models under $600 smooth,fast, quite and great looking. Great people to deal with!
 http://www.assenheimer-bows.com/aboutus.html

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »
If it was me it would have to be another Rivers Edge( RER Bows). Very very nice shooting bows for the money. Quick, quiet,accurate,smooth! What more could you ask for?
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2007, 11:41:00 AM »
I'd buy a used widow SA, one of the easiest bows to shoot well, generous brace heigth, making it very forgiving, good speed and they hold there value. After that I'd look at a Bob Lee

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »
Larry has a point. The TF is basically the same bow with a tad more forward riser. Shawn
Shawn

Offline C2@TheLibrary

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2007, 11:54:00 AM »
A Crooked Stic and I'd have enough money left over to buy new arrows for it too.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »
Zipper

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2007, 01:48:00 PM »
I'd buy a used Robertson for $400 and take the other $200 and buy lots of arrows and broadheads....I know I would have a quality bow from quality material made by bowhunters.
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Travisc406

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2007, 05:52:00 PM »
thanx for all the info, I am really considering Rer, Black widow, and Bob lee. Does a wider limb in general terms coincide with less stack? I like the Psa the only thing,  I have heard the limb on the rear of the risers make them noisier is that true? I have no experience with Black Widow. Also, when I break down the bow to pack it in the back country a horseback, will it shoot differently when reassembled. I have no experience with that either. thanx Travis
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story....

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »
No as long as ya keep the braceheight the same when re-assembled it will shoot the same. The Widows are not noisier because the way the limbs mount it is just due to the overall design. They can be made very quiet with very little tinkering. Shawn
Shawn

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2007, 06:32:00 PM »
Take a serious look at the Prittsley Predators. I dont own one...yet. Excellent design and craftsmanship is superb to the extreme.

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2007, 07:02:00 PM »
All three of those bows you've picked will be smooth on the draw ( I've owned all three) at a 60" bow, unless you've got orangatang arms, you shouldn't notice any stack. The RER will probably be the fastest. however I found RER's three pcs to be less forgiving than the other two, due to the relationship of the riser to the limbs. but if your form is very good and consistent.. it shouldn't be a problem. any one of the three will make a good bow. try to get your hands on all three before you buy one...

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »
I'd git' one of those them tharr' Matthews Solo Cam Bows With a 4 foot stabilizer and some of thos Sight pin things, Woooo weeee! Them sukkers are Schweet....   :biglaugh:  
No I'm kidding get the Pronghorn!!

Offline Mike Byrge@home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2007, 08:11:00 PM »
I'm partial to Bob Lee's myself.  Ive owned a SA Widow too and it is a great bow also.  I'll buy another if one comes up for sale when I have the money.

I owned a Soveriegn Ballistik for awhile and it is very similar to the Rivers Edge take-down. It was a fast bow and very quiet.

I agree with Larry...I could not shoot my Balistik well and if you put next to a RER the geometry is just about identical.

I've learned over the years that I need more deflex to shoot a bow well.

Not saying the RER and Ballistik style bows cannot be accurate though...I shot this summer with a fellow shooting a RER and he was very good.

BTW...There is a very nice Lee Classic Elite for sale on one of the other sites for $600tyd.

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2007, 08:22:00 PM »
mikuta, contact joe skipp
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline Travisc406

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2007, 11:20:00 PM »
thanx again guys. I have stared at the Black Widow magazine for years and always drooled. At the same time I always woundered why they sent me a magazine? I have yet to make a purchase/ Let alone I just realized I never requested a catalog??? How did they know to send me one? Well maybe today is the deciding day I will Pay them back for all the years of dilligence and patience.
I shot one for 2 shots in the archery shop here in town. Just to tell you a little insight about me I am left handed so out of a thousand bows that have passed through the local archery shops only a handful are in my hand. So when I see somenone packing one around I go ask questions and see if I can fling an arrow. It was either the PSA or the PMA, It was smooth at what I remember being 56 pounds (2-3 years ago) But that was all I got a chance to shoot it. I really like the Graybark color as well it is unmistakeable. I am gonna sleep on it and see how I feel about it tomorrow.
 Guys I do really appreciate all your help and insight. As, you all probably experience in your areas is it is far and few between to find fullblood traditionalsit to bounce questions off.
 I still pack both a Recurve and Compound. And Matty I spent the last couple of years packing the bow you speak of to all the 3-d events. As each year passes I get full of getting caught up in the complexity and fad of all the new stuff. I starting going numb and it all culminated this spring.
 I have taken alot with all of the bows I have littered my hunting room with over the years and even though each animal I have taken has been special I still remember the first Cottontail I took with my Dreamcatcher and the feeling I felt. I have yet to take any big Game with my recurve and can't wait. I can't imagine how I will feel when I do.
 Anyhow, enough with the gushing. Shawn If you don't mind, If I go with a PSA I will look you up on ideas to help quiet it down. Got some thinkng to do, Thanx again guys.....
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©