3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Timber Ghost review.  (Read 409 times)

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
Timber Ghost review.
« on: March 17, 2013, 11:50:00 PM »
I was lucky enough a good while back to get a chance to try out the Timber Ghost pass arround bow.  I was able to email Kent my review but this is my first oportunity to get it here.
I was very excited to try it because I had lost an auction on one for a fundraiser here years ago.

I have shot 45 to 55 lb Bows for years but recently gone down to 42 due to some pain.  This bow was a bit more than my max but I took my time and didnt overdue it.  Had I had the free time to get into the woods more when it was here I would have felt confident at the ranges I am comfortable shooting.

I have owned 57" bows before but lately enjoy 58 and 60" more even though I only draw 27".  If I were to order I would not pic the longer but go with  the 56" bow as tested.  The limbs were smooth and the shot quiet.  In short order I was hitting my spot.

The grip makes or breaks it for me and this one made it!  You must try it!

Fit and finish?  The most beautifull bow I have ever owned was an Acadian Woods.  However it is also hard to beat Bob Morrison's craftsmanship. I have owned a few and. I dogs in the bunch.  Kent's ability is in this same level of craftsmanship.  Really well built bow.  I already know how I want one built.  Just need to figure out how to pay for it.
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Offline Rock 'N Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Timber Ghost review.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 12:10:00 AM »
I really want one too. I've already decided how I want mine built but still thinking about coming up with the money. It has become an obsession for the past few days. Just looking at the pictures tells me these are well crafted bows.
Todd Henck Longbow 68" 58#@28"
Dave Johnson Longbow 66" 60#@27"
Northern Mist Ramer 64" 50#@27"
Northern Mist Classic 68" 52#@28"
Shrew Hill #1 "Alpha" 67" 48#@28"

Offline AR RidgeRunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 04:00:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Brant. Having my craftsmanship compared to Tim Mullins and Bob Morrison is pretty lofty stuff. Glad you enjoyed shooting the bow. Getting ready to glue up a set of static recurve limbs for the TD riser. I'll let you know how that works out.

Thanks again
Kent

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »
Yay! Staticky recurve!  That's what I am holding out for!

And let me say that I can't afford any bow right now.  Too many other things like my jeep, vacation, and anniversary need attention.  Your prices are in line with other leading  bow manufacturers.
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©