3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any thoughts on Horne's Archery bows?  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Straightedgesammy

• Trad Bowhunter
Any thoughts on Horne's Archery bows?
« on: January 19, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »
Does anyone have an opinion they would like to share on Horne's Archery's product?  I am in the market for a takedown recurve and really like the look of the 50's style riser.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any thoughts on Horne's Archery bows?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 10:30:00 AM »
Take a look at the thread stickied at the top...."The Adventures of Hope and Faith".

Mark and Sandy make really nice bows that's for sure.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »
Great folks to deal with and they make a quality bow.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline luv2bowhunt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »
I have a Horne's Mountain bow... yep, I absolutely love it  :D  Smokin' fast and smooth as silk... and absolutely gorgeous craftsmanship. I too like the 50's style riser and this bow does them serious justice.

I would not hesitate to recommend one.

Kevin.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 03:46:00 PM »
Living in Auss I guess we don't have all the nice bows to compare like you folks in George Bush Land do.  

I own four bows currently, have probably had about 7 all up and have shot many.  I used to think my Martin Savannah was a good bow, until I started ordering customs from the States - now it looks decidely agricultural.  

I bought a stock bow from Mark Horne recently - a 44# three piece Mountain longbow.  The quality of it is extremely high and shoots so smooth and exceptionally quiet with no silencers.

I just got my Spirit ll from Dave Neidigh a couple of weeks ago and that is even nicer to shoot than the Horne's.  So everything is relative - look around and try a few bows and you will know what I mean.

Just one thing though - I found the service from a small company like Renegade archery much better than all the others, Dave was a legend to work with and went the extra mile on every occasion.  He is a great bloke and I would not hesitate buying from him again.

However, if you do get the Horne's you will not be disappointed it is truly an awesome little bow and in quality of finish and production - second to none!!

Sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 05:25:00 PM »
Look for my thread hornes archery brushbow arrival might be on page 3or 4 by now they build an outstanding quality bow for the money I'm so happy with this one I will order another!!

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »
Oh and great folks to deal with I spoke to SANDY the other day as a matter of fact to discuss a few thingsOnly a ten week wait and plenty of new bows in stock right now. Like TERRY SAID check the HOPE and FAITH THREAD also

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »
I've shot about every make and model bow out there at one time or another. I was constantly buying, selling, trading, and so on. I stopped searching for the right bow when I found The Horne's. The first bow I shot was the Mountain bow. I'm not a curve shooter but was shooting lights out with it. I now own three model Horne bows and I'm looking at diversifying in length on a few more. Do I love the Horne bows? You betcha! If I'm not shooting my own built wood bows I'm shooting a Horne bow! Take it to the bank! CK

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 10:31:00 PM »
I just traded for a Horne Combo hunter three piece longbow. So we will see. I have shot Marks curves and they are hard hitters.
High on Archery.

Offline Bucksnort101

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »
I had the opportunity to shoot the Lefty  Hornes Brush Bow named "Faith" in the St. Judes thread mentioned above. Broke more arrows with that bow in 4 weeks than I have with any of the bows I actually own!
Nicely built, I really liked the grip on the Brush bow, hand is in the same place everytime and right up against the shelf. Very nice looking bow as well.

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
I shot Kevins bow and was amazed in the bows performance.very easy on the eyes to.
TGMM

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 11:53:00 PM »
I have three of Marks bows (and a very special on coming).  In a wooden riser bow Horne bows are my goto bows.  I got a 42# Traditional, 60# 59# recurve and a 58" 55# bowbolt recurve.

rusty

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 12:30:00 AM »
Rusty,

Have you shot the combo hunter with Longbow limbs??

If so what did you think of it?
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 07:33:00 AM »
Carbon Caster - yes I have shot it a good deal.  I have one on order.  I was talking to Mark Thrusday about a set of recurve limbs for it.  The long bow limbs are 50# limbs.  If i was going to get a pair of recurve limbs for the bow they would be 40-45#.

for a light in the hand, pack up and fly anywhere or chunck the little case in the back of the jeep, it is top of the line bow.  the combo hunter is a very stable bow for me.  the bolts and limb over lap put just the right amount of weight in the riser.  couple that with Marks limb design and makes a "have to have" bow...if ya wanta hit what ya'as shooting at  :)

rusty

Offline rawshaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »
Have one of their longbows and would not part with it ever. Smooth and peeeeeerty.....
Jamie Johnson

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 08:02:00 PM »
Thats good to hear Rusty, because I traded for a 66" 51#@28" Combo Hunter Longbow just the other day.  LOL!!  I will look even more forward to recieving it now.  The Dalaa pretty well has me covered for recurves, but I was hankering for a TD longbow again.
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Dalebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »
will they let you try before you buy??

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »
I tried one at cloverdale a few years back. Wow very nice.
Jason Lester

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »
THER'S A FEW LISTED ON HERE FOR SALE NOW.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©