3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bob Lee TD LB anyone?  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
Bob Lee TD LB anyone?
« on: January 19, 2007, 12:34:00 AM »
OK didn't get much response on the Brackenbury Non-Typical. So they must not be poplular.  ;)  

Anyone shoot one of Bob Lee's TD longbows? What do you think of them?
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline Slingblade

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bob Lee TD LB anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 01:06:00 AM »
Got a takedown signature recurve, would like to get a set of longbow limbs for it.  I can't really help you in regards to your question though.
"Life is like a dog sled team...if you ain't the lead dog; the scenery never changes"  Lewis Grizzard

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 01:25:00 AM »
Gun,

I have a Horne Takedown Longbow coming in trade you can try out in a couple of weeks.  I got to hankering for a 3 piece longbow again after we talked the other night.  I traded one of my many(need to find a home for) bows for it.  LOL!!!!

Are you coming out tomorrow??

I am sure there will be lots of Bob Lee shooters chiming in here soon.  Good bows from what I have heard.
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 09:37:00 AM »
I have a Bob Lee TD Hunter Longbow 58" 46@27". It is nice shooting bow. With hush puppies installed it is a quiet and smooth shooting bow. It is a little heavy in the riser which some people like. It does have a recurve style grip though so if you have never shot that grip you should try before you buy. I see a lot of people sell them because of that. Something I did not realize when I bought mine new is that if you buy through a some dealers it is actually cheaper than buying direct from Bob Lee.

Offline jeff w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 11:34:00 AM »
LV2HUNT summed it up pretty well.   I had a BL TD longbow, and a set a recurve limbs for it as well.   The longbow limbs were a little quieter than the recurve limbs and the recurve limbs were a little faster than the longbow limbs(no surprise here), although neither sets of limbs were what I would call slow or noisy.  One thing I liked about the longbow riser over the recurve-style riser was it was a little lighter and 'streamlined'-something I like.  Also the newer models made with ash durawood are a little lighter than the models made with the older maple-durawood.  I happen to like bows that are light in physical weight, so I ended up selling it in favor of their 1-pc recurve, although I'm sure that sometime in the future I'll own another.

Offline Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
Thanks guys. Any leads as to dealers?
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline Doug R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 12:12:00 AM »
My brother bought one this year. Its his first traditional bow. Its a good shooter. One thing I might have had done was put a little more palm swell in the grip but I'm a recurve shooter and thats all I would do to it. I would buy one.

Offline dad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »
I had one that was a recurve riser and ordered a set of longbow limbs for it. I was very happy with them and shot just as good as with my recurve limbs. I went to a shoot and I knew it was a Hybrid and the was some coments made. You should not have any problems like that now. They have found their place and acceptance. Some people were enlightened when Fred Bear made them for his Take-down in the 70's! I wouldn't hesitate I would buy one!

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 12:26:00 AM »
I don't know a dealer, but there is a used one listed here on the blanket right now.  I think you know the seller pretty well.  LOL!!!!

BTW - Did you leave your armgaurd at Trophy Book tonight???
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline hibracehite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
i own a 64" 55#at 28" bob lee takedown longbow. its the aesiest shooting bow i have found so far. (always lookin) you could contact jerry at stickbow supplies.com. he is a dealer in the maryland area. great to deal with.

Offline Hawken1911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »
I love my Bob Lee TD Hunter longbow.  Mine's 61#@27".  One of the nice things about Bob Lee is the short turn-around time for a completely custom one, usually under 1 month.
ST. HUBERT'S RANGERS, Brotherhood of the Medieval Hunt.
MICHIGAN LONGBOW ASSOCIATION
Scott Spears Osage English longbow,50#@28"

Offline john mccabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 01:23:00 AM »
I am currently shooting a signature LB 58@28 60"
 I normally prefer a bow in the low fifties, but this pulls very smooth and spits a nice 2018. shot a nice javelina with it on monday. it's definately a recurve riser/grip, so make sure you like that style. I think it's a good bow for the money.

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
I've not shot either, but have heard great things on the Brack bow.  If you like the looks of them, wouldn't write them out of the equation just yet.  Just a thought.

Offline Fuzzydog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »
I have a TD longbow with 2 sets of limbs. 54 and 60 lbs. I prefer the Longbow riser to the recurve and the LB is quieter and seems just as fast.

That said I may be selling the bow as I now prefer the Pro or Elite Stick from Bob Lee...have 3 acquired 3 of them...like the lighter weight for hunting with...have kept the TD bow in case I ever get to travel but am now thinking I'd just take 2 of my Sticks in as hardcase.
Fuzzydog

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©