3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3-Rivers Bow Fishing Light  (Read 201 times)

Offline finkm1

• Trad Bowhunter
3-Rivers Bow Fishing Light
« on: March 24, 2013, 10:00:00 AM »
3-Rivers and Cabelas both sell a light that mounts on the stabelizer insert. They say they are used for hog hunting and bowfishing and are good up to 30 feet. Cost of the light and bracket is about $130.00. Does anyone have any experience with these for bow fishing? What are the pros and cons. I have a spot light for my canoe but would like something for when I bowfish from the river bank.
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3-Rivers Bow Fishing Light
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 12:29:00 PM »
For a mere $130...don't want any experience with one.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »
Sounds like it would be a handing set up if you do alot of night hunting/fishing. I hope you hear more about it.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline CRS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 09:41:00 PM »
Without even looking at it, I am pretty sure I could come up with something in my shop that would function better and cost less.
Inquiring minds.......

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »
Does not sound overpriced to me if the light is as advertised.  Countless high end lights for law enforcement etc. are in that price range.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline KOOK68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 01:49:00 PM »
We used to buy the cheap plastic bowfishing reels (the hand wrap kind) and cut a hole in the face. Then mount a light in there using silicon. Cheap, and worked pretty good. You just need to make sure to secure the wiring so it doesn't tie off on the bow string.

Offline finkm1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »
I did some research this weekend on-line on the light and some of the reveiws said they do not work well for bowfishing. They are not bright enough if the water is a little dirty. There was a company at the K-ZOO show that were selling lights but they all mounted on guns.  The 3-Rivers light would be $99.00 if the light would be screwed directly into the stabelizer insert. Probably will pass, don't want to spend money on a product I will not be happy with. Just trying to get some input. Thanks  :)
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Offline beaunaro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 01:34:00 PM »
I don't know if this helps but, I have a Sniper Hawg Light for hogs. It's red. It will reflect the gators eyes, but won't penetrate the water.
If you email the good folks at Sniper, you will get nothing but the best customer service you can imagine.
They may have a product that will work for bowfishing. Maybe I need the white light they sell. The red one works great for hogs.
Irv Eichorst

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 02:43:00 PM »
I've spent $800 on a bow...I'll spend $130 on a light.

I use the Elusive Wildlife Technologies bow mounted light.  Comes with a really bright setting, and a not-as-bright setting.  I dig it.  Allows me to hunt all day and night if I feel so inclinded!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©