3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: More" Static" about Static?  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
More" Static" about Static?
« on: March 25, 2013, 04:14:00 AM »
Guys I wanted to change the heading so if any newbies wanted to know the difference in what a static bow is they might see the heading and find some imfomation about it....
Now I have noticed more and more Static limb bows on the market and I have had two RER Arroyo's and I think once many folks try one they will like the result's...I'm sure some will beg to differ but if strung correctly I cann't see a reason not to like them...Many bonus to a static to me and one being more quiet and another the less finger pinch...Glad to see them offered now and many more bowyers are adding them ....     :thumbsup:

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: More" Static" about Static?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 07:27:00 AM »
X2

Great limb design quiet and hard hitting

Offline Jake Diebolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 07:58:00 AM »
Oh man, ever since they started coming up here I've had an itch to get one bad. My wife is starting to look at me funny every time she sees me on the Stalker website...

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »
I have two static tip bows...an RER LXR thanks to Mike Vines...and a Jon Gharing take down...anyone else shooting a Gharing?

And btw Jake we have two well known bowyers building static tips in Canada...Jack Kempf is no longer taking orders but his come up on the used market from time to time...and Abe Penner at Cari-Bow has recently started building them as well

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 01:22:00 PM »
Just saw Cari-bows new Static thismorning and I know somebody here is about to get one  :goldtooth:  But I won't mention his name and can tell ya it sure ain't me...

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »
It's a shame that John Fazio is gone , he was way ahead of his time and i attribute the recent resurgence of the static limb and the use of Carbon limbs to him. John and Earl Hoyt  15- 20 years ago told me , what Bowyers are discovering in recent years about using carbon on limbs.  Both are missed!  :notworthy:

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 02:46:00 PM »

I have been building them for quite a while but in belly mount as the Talon and Talon 11. I also have built quite a few of the Talon 11s in a top mount. The first time I built a Talon and pulled it and shot it I was hooked on statics for life.
It is an amazing experience and I find no problem with them at all as long as you learn how to build a stable static limb and work from there.,
This is my new entry. Stats are at exactly 9 gpp and 28 inch draw this bow consistantly shoots 202 with a Hooter shooter. I fully expect that with some little tweaks here and there it can even go up from there. I especially want to build it in a 62. This is a 58 in bow. Brace is 7 1/4 inches. Super quiet, Super fast and no shock. Whats not to like about statics. I do not see a downside at all. That is why so many bowyers are going to them.

God bless, Steve

Offline David Flanrey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 03:07:00 PM »
Sergio, I hear ya.  I own a Sovereign Archery Ballistik.  Best shooting bow I have ever owned.  I've taken several deer with it.  

I am an amature bow maker but I am in the process of building a 57" static recurve now patterned after my ballistik.  The build along is on bowyers bench.

Keefer, sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 03:23:00 PM »
static tip bows are some of the best drawing and smoothest I Have experienced.Kevin at RER bows has some of the best out there.They just flat out shoot great.
see

Offline rlc1959

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »
I had a friend loan me a set of Border Hex 6 Limbs for my Dalaa Riser. He never got them back. Great shooting bow. Thanks Peckerwood
Randy Chamberlin

NRA Life Member
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member
United Bowhunters of PA Life Member
PBS Member

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 05:16:00 PM »
I've never tried one.  Sounds interesting though.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 05:32:00 PM »
Yea way quiter!! My stalker is light in the hand and quiet!! I think guys are starting to see the benefits for sure  :)
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Josh Perdue

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 05:35:00 PM »
I just bought a used RER static tip off the classifieds and am looking forward to shooting it. The pics sure looked good. Just hope it shoots good.

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 05:41:00 PM »
I have two, an RER and a Dryad. I see nothing that would convince me to go back to a working limb recurve. The statics out perform, are quieter, and have less finger pinch. The RER grip fits me almost as well as my Kanati and both shoot the same arrow setup to the same point of aim, although the RER is 10 FPS faster and one pound heavier in draw weight. My creaky old shoulders like that I can shoot 10 ggp arrows at 184 fps from a 47 pound bow as well.

Static limbs are certainly not a new idea, but we are rediscovering why the old bowyers like Grumley saw in them. My RER is not and will not be for sale.
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 05:43:00 PM »
Joshua, I saw that bow, I think you got a really great bow and will love it. Congratulations , let us all know what you think.

God bless you all, Steve

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 06:37:00 PM »
David,
 No worries I actually wanted to hear everyones views on the subject and glad you posted it...I have one of the most beutiful Arroyo's I ever seen that I got in a trade from a fella named Tracy last year and the bow was only about a month old and I traded my Fox Royal Crown for it and the newer handle design is much better then my previous one..It's got some wild Bocote in the riser with Bocote vaneers over boo core....
 This is my second Arroyo all Bocote and funny thing was I traded my first Arroyo for that Fox Longbow then back for a Newer lighter Arroyo that was made in 2012...I just love the way Kevin and Sue does thier static but just lately have noticed several other bowyers starting to bring back what we all seem to love...
 Joshua which one did you get cause there were several listed recently?

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 06:47:00 PM »
An Arroyo is on my must have list!

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 07:21:00 PM »
I've only had a couple statics, and I really like the RER design.  The tighter static has very minimal string contact compared to my first couple.

Not wrapping/padding the loops on these babies...

Serge, you'd like the Arroyo, I'm getting one this summer..

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 07:23:00 PM »
Josh,

I know the RER you getting, give us a review....

Lucky Dog...  :thumbsup:

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 07:36:00 PM »
I really like the static bows and that someone is me!! Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©