3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: More" Static" about Static?  (Read 1826 times)

Offline savage1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: More" Static" about Static?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 08:04:00 PM »
Well I have a bigfoot ss coming, should be here before my next birthday. I have a soveriegn and been making my own form a form I made off of it. Statics rule and I think Kirks is going to the top. I'll have to wait and see how quiet she spits an arrow.

Lou
Beetle kill, Usa.

Offline toehead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 08:16:00 PM »
woudn't trade my ballistick for anything got a set of RER static bear replacement limbs that shoot good as well.
proud member of
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma
Oklahoma Self Bow Society
Leedey Archery Association
PBS
Comptons Traditional Bowhunters
Pope and Young Club

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by Shawn Leonard:
I really like the static bows and that someone is me!! Shawn
Shawn is He alright and cann't wait to hear how you like it once you get it...She sure is a beutiful one Shawn   :thumbsup:

Offline Josh Perdue

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 10:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by Keefer:
David,
 No worries I actually wanted to hear everyones views on the subject and glad you posted it...I have one of the most beutiful Arroyo's I ever seen that I got in a trade from a fella named Tracy last year and the bow was only about a month old and I traded my Fox Royal Crown for it and the newer handle design is much better then my previous one..It's got some wild Bocote in the riser with Bocote vaneers over boo core....
 This is my second Arroyo all Bocote and funny thing was I traded my first Arroyo for that Fox Longbow then back for a Newer lighter Arroyo that was made in 2012...I just love the way Kevin and Sue does thier static but just lately have noticed several other bowyers starting to bring back what we all seem to love...
 Joshua which one did you get cause there were several listed recently?
I got the XR Recurve from Jake on here. 60" 53@28 I dont have it yet but am anxiously waiting. HaHa
Ill let you guys know what I think about it but Im not sure my review would be worth much weight. Have only been shooting trad a couple of years but really like it.

Offline Bowhunter4life

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 12:04:00 AM »
I love the static limbs on the Kwyk Styk... Jack is in the process of making a riser for a set of limbs I had... Should be done next month.  I have a real pretty one that used to be yours Shawn... It is now 58# @ 28" so 64# or so at my draw.  The other one will be a tad heavier with the "Guru" grip...

The string angle makes for much less finger pinch esp on a 56" bow.  Plus it is about as close to shooting a longbow as I've shot from a recurve.  Smooth, quiet, and quick... hard to beat IMO...
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2013, 07:46:00 AM »
Looking forward to trying Kirks new big foot ss. Never shot a static before, Will be interesting to compare it to the hex5.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline TRAD101

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
I had never shot one before this years wisconsin
traditional archers banquet where kevin from RER
was set up with quite a selection of bows. I
decided to try one out that caught my eye and I
have to say I was impressed, my wife even said wow
before I did. smooth,quiet,fast and accurate.just
as we were leaving the parking lot I said to my
wife I gotta have that bow and she agreed.I have not unstrung it yet. I love my wife.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 02:47:00 PM »
You guys getting Kirks bows are going to love them. I have one and really like it. They are just super quick and talk about dead in the hand. MIne is very light in weight. Burl Maple riser but it is as dead in hand as any target bow I have ever shot.

God bless you all, Steve

Offline pamike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2013, 09:33:00 PM »
Steve

Are the static limbs faster on the storm eagle or the talon (belly mount)?

Mike
HABU Vyperkahn
Elk master
Hill Country Bobcat

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2013, 09:45:00 PM »
Jeff, if ya ever want to let it go, please give me first dibs!! Thanks! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2013, 10:59:00 PM »
Mike , I have not designed the Storm Eagle limbs yet for the belly mount. I will try to get it to be as fast as the top mount but only time will tell. The Talon 11 is not quite as fast as this bow. My Talon 1 was but in lower poundages it was not as stable as I liked it/ Shot great and was really fast but was verticaly challenged under 45 lbs/' This is a real problem with many statics but it can be overcome with a whole bunch of r and d work. I have already built this bow under 40 lbs and it had really great stability both verticaly and horizontaly.  I already have the Talon 11 in a belly mount static recurve that has a low 7 to 7 1/4 brace and has quite a following so I'm not in a real hurry to build another set of forms for this limb yet.

God bless, Steve

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »
A little bummed right now, I talked to Abe and was gonna buy an in stock bow but had a bit of bad luck.    :bigsmyl:  Sometimes bad is good!! His new Tuktu EX recurve is the cats ass! I am going all out on this one as it will be my last bow. Time to settle down to 3 static tipped bows, Belcher with Border Hex-5's an RER XR and the new Caribow!! I will have my new bow around the end of Sept.!! Love those static bows!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »
Ok Shawn details on the new caribou

1 piece or takedown

Wood combo?????

Offline savage1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »
For the Wisconsin guys, it sounds like I might have my Bigfoot in time for the Ojibwa shoot. I have to get off work for Saturday. If I have it I will make it available as time allows.(sat. only)Working sunday.

Lou
Beetle kill, Usa.

Offline rbcorbitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 08:46:00 PM »
Lou,

Make sure you do a review once you get the SS in your hands!

Bob
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »
Sorry to hear that Shawn I know ya had your eyes on a nice one but now you will have a part in the build so start dreaming of what wood match's what limb vaneer and so on...Some sort of antler always sets off a bow as well...  :thumbsup:

Offline Josh Perdue

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2013, 11:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by jshperdue:
I just bought a used RER static tip off the classifieds and am looking forward to shooting it. The pics sure looked good. Just hope it shoots good.
WOW is about all I have to say after shooting a static tip. Finally found a recurve I like as much or "maybe" more than my longbow. The most quiet recurve Ive ever shot. As quiet as my whip.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2013, 06:36:00 AM »
I figured you'd like that bow

:thumbsup:

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2013, 06:55:00 AM »
Joshua,
 Welcome to the "STATIC" club and if you ever need to figure out where to start with arrow spine,tip weight,legnth may I recommend you p.,m Shawn Leonard cause he has had a few RER Arroyo's and the takedowns and knows what these "Missle Launchers" like best and has pointed me in the direction of what can work on mine..
Congratulations on a bow I think you will find very pleasing to shoot!
                   Keefers <><

Offline savage1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
I like that,"Static club." Maybe some day down the line we can talk hunting trips..
I will choose arrows for the SS and see what I get off fingers.
Like Kenny says, milage will vary. I shoot carbons so it will not be much over 600 gr. on the heavy side and down to around 440gr. on the light side.
I know its a wait Shawn but it will be a looker I'm sure!

Lou
Beetle kill, Usa.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©