3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: More" Static" about Static?  (Read 1822 times)

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: More" Static" about Static?
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2013, 11:32:00 AM »
You have all probably seen this one before. My Kempf Raven W/static limbs. I've named it " Death Vader" ! This Bow is a Hotrod!!   :archer2:

Offline Dmaxshawn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by SERGIO VENNERI:
You have all probably seen this one before. My Kempf Raven W/static limbs. I've named it " Death Vader" ! This Bow is a Hotrod!!      :archer2:  
This is the last time I'm going to ask to stop teasing me with this Bow !!! my name is up on his list  for the third time.   Your killing me Sergio

Offline johnnyk71

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »
i got a used Sheepeater Spirit recently, and I LOVE that thing! only about 48" strung, 50# at 28". it THUMPS an arrow, and shoots just where I point it. cannot wait to hunt deer with it next year.

i'm a big fan of static tips now.
All lefty, all the time...
Martin Hatfield 45#@28"
Liberty Chief Elite 53#
Blacktail Elite V.L. 53#
Maddog Prairie Predator 51#
Sheepeater Spirit 50#
RER Retro 53#
RER LXR Recurve 52#, Longbow 54#

Offline Teacher_of_the_Arcane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2013, 03:43:00 PM »
Hi All,

So an Asiatic horsebow with sayah's would be  a static limbed bow??
Lobo Lohr -- Old School Hunter

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2013, 03:59:00 PM »
OOPS! Sorry Shawn , I will not do this again! LOL  :knothead:

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2013, 05:11:00 PM »
That bow was shockingly cool looking the first time I saw it!  Either you are using the same picture or that bow isn't aging a bit!  Some of us do the same thing with personal pictures for decades!

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »
Will try and post a new Pic over this weekend. it now sports a fresh dull satin finish and traditional black Glass limbs in 58" length with a new wedge fadeout design.   :thumbsup:

Offline trubltrubl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2013, 08:52:00 PM »
have just recieved my first custom made Static recurve this week....posted on Alberta forum pics included...under ...."new bow WOW "

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2013, 06:48:00 AM »
t.t.t. for Kevin ..
 Kevin I'll see if I can get Tracy Byington to post pics of the static RER Arroyo I got in a trade from him last year so keep an eye open here....
 Keefers<><

Offline longbow565

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2013, 09:56:00 PM »
Here are some pics of Keefers Arroyo. Enjoy

A man wearing a helmet defending his country should make more money than a man
with a helmet defending a football.
God bless America

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2013, 04:56:00 AM »
Thanks a million times Tracy for posting those for me and I do appreciate you taking the time to do so...This really does show you Kevin what a static limb looks like when unstrung and strung...This is a really sweet pulling bow and my second Arroyo ....Funny story is I had a 2005 model all Bocote that was the 5th Arroyo Kevin and Sue built and it was 52# and I wanted a few pounds shaved off and never sent it to him and traded it for a Fox Royal Crown...A few months later Tracy posted this Arroyo at 50'#s in 2012 as a one month old bow and I traded Tracy the Fox Crown for it...This bow was made in March or April of 2012 and still as new as the day it was made...It has some really nice Bocote over boo and will stay in my stable for years...Thanks again Tracy   :thumbsup:

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »

Early EagleWing Talon, Note the string angle. This is a short bow , 58 in if I remember correctly but has the string angle of a much longer bow. this virtually eliminates finger pinch and produces a very smooth draw cycle in a much shorter bowl; This bow also has an advantage over siyah or lever static bows in that it has much less limb slap and is physically a couple inches shorter for the same length of bow. The lever sticks straight out instead of bobbing the ends of the limbs;

God bless, Steve

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2013, 07:14:00 AM »
Sixby ,
 I once saw a diagram of the string angle of a working recurve and the string angle of a static recurve and that diagram showed the difference on how the fingers were on the string from both...
I have tried to find that diagram with no luck but it shows how the fingers especially split shooters benefit from finger pinch...
Would be nice if someone had a diagram explaining the string angle and post it here..
Another question Sixby or to whomever builds statics does the riser need to be more forward or is there any difference in how you need to make the riser or is the difference mainly in the limb design and tip buildup?
 I'm in a learning mode of statics for some reason and need a teacher  :biglaugh:

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2013, 07:20:00 AM »
Steve,
 I almost forgot somethin...I like the way you tought your German Sheperd to stay behind you while shooting...I like a well trained shepert but a Cat seems to use up at least 8 out of 9 lives when I'm shooting? Ours just seems to walk out in front of me every time I practice  :rolleyes:    :jumper:

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2013, 01:07:00 AM »
Here is and exaggerated drawing for you Keefer.

here is the real thing.  The new "Sasquatch SS"

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2013, 01:17:00 AM »
Keefer,m That is not me nor my german shepherd. I do like that picture though and love the intenseness of that dog.

Kirk that is just one swsome bow. In fact that rack of bows looks almost as good as a fine rack of ribs.

God bless you all, Steve

Offline pamike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2013, 09:55:00 AM »
Steve - looks like one of those belly mounts made the rack....soooo pretty!  i am going to shoot kirk's bows in baltimore - cant wait!
HABU Vyperkahn
Elk master
Hill Country Bobcat

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2013, 12:44:00 PM »
I sent my deposit to Kirk for a build for these ailing shoulders. I've been told that the next step is total joint replacement on both (Cartilage in socket is gone and arthritis has moved in) Right now I shoot 45/50 for very short sessions......

I'm trying to shoot as long as I can so I'm looking for the miracle bow.

Sooooth as silk, ZERO shock, able to break the sound barrier at a single pluck at a 40@27 specs(probably going to have two sets of limbs 40/45@27) ....  Not asking much right     :)    

Kidding aside, how light in draw weight can you make the static limbs? David raised the question buy stating there might be stability issues? Also at my 26/27 inch draw (depends on the day). Is there and advantage to static design?

As my name moves up the build list I'll be talking with Kirk a bunch, just thought there might be some feedback from other shooter using the static design.
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2013, 03:29:00 PM »
I've built several of the Talon 11 top mounts in under 40 lb weights with no problems at all. I forsee no real problems in doing so with either Kirks SS  or the Storm Eagle.

I am sending Pa MIke a 40 lb Storm Eagle to try out so he can see if he likes this type of bow and when I get it back and finish it will have it up for sale as a stock bow.
God bless you all, Steve

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2013, 05:26:00 PM »
Kirk,
 Thanks that was the pic I was looking for..
That Black static looks wicked Kirk..Is that one called the "Black Beast" or the WilderBeast? I cann't tell what type of wood is in that bow but I thought I could see some wood grain in it..Not Black Ebony is it? The static looks nice in it  :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©