3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Which serving for B-50 strings?  (Read 270 times)

Offline Scott S.

• Trad Bowhunter
Which serving for B-50 strings?
« on: August 25, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »
I have made my own strings for a couple of years (B-50 only so far).  For serving, I have been using #4 nylon.  It's okay, but now I want to upgrade to something more durable for a serving.  I know I could go with halo, but it's pretty expensive.  

If I did buy halo or some fast flight type material, I still don't know what diameter would work best for a 14 strand B-50 string to fit Bohning Classic index nocks.  Any help out there?
"The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered." Gen 9:2

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Which serving for B-50 strings?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 08:06:00 PM »
I suppose you are talking endless string here?!

I employed my string diameter formula - feed with your datas - and would advise any .020" or .021" serving for you.
String diamter would be 3.05mm or 3.11mm and 11/32" Bohning classic nocks are 3.05mm wide.

I use #4 only for loop servings and like Monofil-Nylon #15, #18, #21 for the center serving.

[25.4mm = 1"]

Offline Scott S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »
Sorry--Flemish string and the center serving.
"The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered." Gen 9:2

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »
Scott with a 14 strand B50 .022 brownell Diamondback serving works great with Classics.
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline Scott S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »
Thanks, Falk and LeRoy.

Offline Brian Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »
I build primarily dacron strings for myself and have been using Halo.  I really like this stuff, except for the price.  Still, you cannot wear this stuff out, even if your arm slaps the heck out of the string on every shot!

I use .018 diameter on my 14 strand strings.

Brian

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©