3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arizona E-Z Fletch....  (Read 524 times)

Offline Arkansas Osage

• Trad Bowhunter
Arizona E-Z Fletch....
« on: March 30, 2013, 12:48:00 AM »
....if you don't have one.... GET ONE!
This thing is awesome, no more waiting for half a week to get a half a dozen arrows fletched. I can do it myself in half an hour. The helical is better than my local shop did too and the feathers aren't coming unglued in the first day of shooting! I use gorilla glue super glue and I clean the quill base and shaft with an alchohol soaked qtip first. Its great. I got the aluminum Right helical pro because it will do average sized carbon arrows (not the super small ones) and wood arrows too. Only thing I don't like about it is that I can't custom set the location of the quills on the shaft. I like the back of my feathers about a 1/4 of an inch closer to the nock so that the tips of the feathers don't rest on my arrow shelf.  (Brace height is only 5.5") But so far I haven't needed to get them back farther, they are just barely off the floppy arrow rest of my self bow. It really is great, my first two arrows weren't perfect, feathers were a little unevenly lined up on the first and the second I didn't leave it clamped long enough and the cock feather came unstuck but I wrapped it down with thread and that fixed it right up. I leave it clamped down for 5 minutes, and while its clamping the feathers I clean the inside of the tip, clean the insert and glue that in with the gorilla super glue too. I screw a field or judo point into the insert so I have something to hold onto without getting glue on my hands and then I insert it in the arrow turn it a few times clockwise to spread the glue evenly, make sure none got up onto the point and let it dry, unscrew the point, unclamp the feathers and BAM! another arrow done. Once their out of the clamp I let them set up for a bit before shooting them, usually while I fletch another arrow!

"Now take thy weapons, thy quiver of arrows & thy bow & go out to the field, & hunt some venison."

"I caught the caimans on a cane pole baited with hotdogs. I beat them to death with a stick and skinned them with my bare teeth." -dhaverstick

Offline Richie

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arizona E-Z Fletch....
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 02:47:00 AM »
Great looking arrows, good job.  :thumbsup:
Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi

Offline monsterbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 04:34:00 AM »
Yea I agree. If you don't own on, get one. There great, love mine. Thanks. God bless.
John 3:16  Whosoever Will

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 05:54:00 AM »
I got the mini. it puts a crazy helical on 2" blazers.
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 08:50:00 AM »
Have they changed them? My Dad bought one years ago, and we couldn't fletch an arrow with one no matter how hard we tried.

Nice job on your arrows.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 01:50:00 PM »
Roger, I am with you. I had one years ago and it was most frustrating. Ended up trashing it. They must be better now.

Offline Arkansas Osage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by Roger Norris:
Have they changed them? My Dad bought one years ago, and we couldn't fletch an arrow with one no matter how hard we tried.

Nice job on your arrows.
Originally posted by Rick Richard:
Roger, I am with you. I had one years ago and it was most frustrating. Ended up trashing it. They must be better now.
Thanks, and although I don't know what they were like years ago, I know their awesome now.
"Now take thy weapons, thy quiver of arrows & thy bow & go out to the field, & hunt some venison."

"I caught the caimans on a cane pole baited with hotdogs. I beat them to death with a stick and skinned them with my bare teeth." -dhaverstick

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »
Funny. I just received one of these (Pro model) in today's mail.  I didn't buy it with the intention of using it for my arrows though.  I'm testing it for another purpose.

Offline Arkansas Osage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 03:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bowwild:
Funny. I just received one of these (Pro model) in today's mail.  I didn't buy it with the intention of using it for my arrows though.  I'm testing it for another purpose.
Whaaa? And arrow fletching tool your not going to use for arrows? You must elaborate lol, what is this mysterious use?

Offline bowkill32

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 04:42:00 PM »
Gave mine away may have messed up.lol
black widow pl2 62 54#27
black creek banshee 60 41#28
bear black panther hunter 52 45#28
samick red stag 60 50#28
Zipper SXT 58" 54@28

Offline Arkansas Osage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 03:27:00 AM »
Their only $50, well worth it, you should get another one, I absolutely love being able to do all three feathers at once with only a 5 minute wait time.

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 06:21:00 AM »
I have both the large diameter arrow version that does a one degree offset and a the smaller arrow version that does a six degree right helical...the fact is you can use the small one to do arrows up to 23/64 at least simply by using a plastic tie wrap around the top of the clamp...I am not a patient arrow prepper and the only time things do not work out well is when I shortcut the prep stage...I use Fletchtite Platinum and get good results most of the time

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
Yep, they work great, just wish they made one for 4 fletch.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Arkansas Osage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 02:47:00 PM »
It can do four fletch, comes with instructions how, you just have to do one feather at a time I'm pretty sure.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©