3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dates set for 2nd RMR see pg. 18 "Rough Mountain Rendezvous"  (Read 4327 times)

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dates set for 2nd RMR see pg. 18 "Rough Mountain Rendezvous"
« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »
How's the phone reception there?  Will we be able to call in to camp for clearance to land?

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2007, 09:56:00 PM »
Chuck, it will depend on who your service is with. i had Cingular (AT&T) and had no service. folks with Verizon, which i have now, will get reception.

i will be sending out an email this weekend with the roster of who is going to make it a long with all the details on what to bring, expect, directions and phone numbers.  just one week and Rough Mountain will never be the same........

:archer:
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: October 04, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »
just a real quick up-date on who will and will not be joining us on this hunt......

for sure YES i have the following:  
Va. BowBender
Tom Bohlhunt
JDC
UK Bowman
BigRon HuntAlot
Talondale
Bob Walker
Jeff Ho'Nehe
Eagle Eye
PaleFace
Ed Frye
String Cutter

for sure No's  
Blk Dog
Got2Strum
Deer Dog
George D.Stout

maybe no reply yet!

Stephen R
Stobber
Larry247

Killie is going to try an make it.... they are working her like a dog, but i think i have sweetened the pot enough to bribe her in to a visit.
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2007, 12:15:00 AM »
I'm going to the Rough Country. Just need to know where we're meeting and what time????
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: October 07, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »
everyone should have received an email this morning with all the details. if you didn't get it let me know.  just 3 days to go......
>~Rob~>

Offline Teacher_of_the_Arcane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: October 07, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »
Rob,

Unfortunately, I'll not make the hunt, but I'd love to be on your "Attention List" for the "Second Annual Rough Mountain".  I'm over on the west side of the Mountain in West Virginia....just need planning time.

Lobo in West Virginia
Lobo Lohr -- Old School Hunter

Offline UK Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: October 08, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »
Got the email, sounds easy enough.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: October 08, 2007, 07:52:00 PM »
Oh, SpringFlutter is going to Oregon? Won't Rough Country be surprised! I may just make it after all.  :wavey:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: October 09, 2007, 09:41:00 AM »
Looks like relief is on the way:   http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=goshen%2C+va  

Highs in the high 50's and lows in the 40's.  It's huntin' weather.

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: October 09, 2007, 10:26:00 AM »
Chuck i was hoping someone would do a weather dance.  this is just crazy to have 90+ temps in October.  Killie get there when you can, we'll leave the light on for you.
>~Rob~>

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #190 on: October 09, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »
Have a great time all!  I hope the weather change is invigorating and everybody has safe travel for an enjoyable weekend.  

The mast crop is moderate to patchy down my way and I would expect you'll see the same at Rough Mountain.  The white oaks that are producing are still dropping, probably for another few days.  I have been seeing deer active under the white oaks even in the midday heat.  Remember that turkeys are available and there are many of them around.  Bear opens Saturday.  Deer are "One per Day" on the west side.

Rob, I got your message - sorry for not responding.  There are so many close by group hunts in the next three weeks and my schedule will not let me attend any.  I will keep the home fires burning for everyone and hunt a morning/evening schedule when I can.  Looking forward to the stories.

Pick a spot!
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: October 09, 2007, 05:29:00 PM »
Rob,
 Sorry to say that after 3 days of fixing mechanical problems at work I am snowed under. Won't be able to make the hunt after all. Hate it when life gets in the way of fun!!
 Will make the Fulfillment even if I have to work my a@@ off when I get back.
 Will miss meeting up with you, especially that fellow from the other side of the world.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline UK Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #192 on: October 09, 2007, 07:24:00 PM »
Sorry you can't make it Tom, I will miss that Jerky!

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #193 on: October 09, 2007, 08:05:00 PM »
thanks for the call as well.  get that work done and we will hope to see you Friday night or Saturday and if not we will see you at Fulfillment for sure.
>~Rob~>

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #194 on: October 09, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »
well the truck is packed, chili is cooked and my bow has been ready. leaving in the morning for Rough Mountain.  for everyone coming up make sure you take in the sights as you drive down Rt. 42. it sure is purty.  looking forward to meeting everyone in the next 4 days.  

if anyone has a change of plans and can get away come on up. there should be some coffee on the stove  if you get there and everyone is out in the woods.

stories and pics will be coming soon!   :campfire:
>~Rob~>

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #195 on: October 11, 2007, 08:09:00 AM »
paleFace and some others should be there trying to adjust to the temperature change.  It has gone from Tuesday morning temps of 65 degrees to this morning's 40 degrees at Rough Mt.

If anyone who is headed up there reads this please be aware, and remind the gang, of fire conditions and the current restrictions.  Extra care with any flame would be a good thing in the dry conditions, even if we get a little rain.  Also, we don't want anybody getting in trouble violating the burn ban:

According to a news release issued Wednesday by the U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, campfires and heating devices that use solid fuel, such as wood and charcoal, will be banned in the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests from Oct. 13 to Dec. 15.

The ban applies to all lands administered by the two national forests, including developed and dispersed areas.

Stoves that use liquid or gas fuel will still be permitted.

Hunt safe and have fun!
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #196 on: October 11, 2007, 01:24:00 PM »
I just talked to Rob:  There are 8 guys in camp and they saw 3 deer this morning and an arrow was released.  I'll let them fill in the details when they get back.   :)    For those going up later they are camping in Copeland, which is the further campsite mentioned in Rob's email.

Duane, that fire ban is going to be inconvenient when we go down the river next weekend.  Guess we better not fall in.

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #197 on: October 14, 2007, 04:07:00 PM »
We're ready for the stories!  Whatcha gonna name the new thread??????

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #198 on: October 14, 2007, 07:21:00 PM »
the "RMR" gang is back... i think i can speak for everyone, we had a blast. if my math is correct we ended up with 13 bowhunters in camp.  stories and photos to follow.

Adam make sure you chime in with what happens when 180 grain griz collides with a gray squirrel.....

thanks to everyone that made trip up, this was my 20th year bowhunting Rough Mountain and I can't think of better folks to spend it with.
>~Rob~>

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #199 on: October 14, 2007, 07:41:00 PM »
You're on first, Rob, my camera was a no-show!
Thanks for your work in getting this organized into such a success. Lots of special folks came and had a ball, Ron showed himself to be a world-class camp chef (from my one taste and the testimony of those who scarfed down all those cube-steaks!) I hope Jeff and his friend Ralph are enjoying his new Buick, and that Bobby has a lifetime of enjoyment from his new knife. That is really a beauty.

I didn't want to leave today, but would rather have stayed to learn more about that beautiful land, with its severe underpinnings. Not a bad spot, when a newbie to it can watch squirrels all afternoon and spook a deer on her way out. I heard a screech owl this morning, a treat, as I had not heard one in some time. There were more delights to be discovered, and I resent thoroughly having to work for a living.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©