3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Asking opinions from all owners/shooters of Two Rivers Longbows.  (Read 274 times)

Offline Arkansas Osage

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm really thinking about getting a Reflex Deflex Longbow from Two Rivers Longbows and I'm just asking for information concerning the durability, craftsmanship and quality of these bows from people who have owned them, or know someone who does/has.
I'm not really looking for any opinions on buying a different bow, everyone has there own favorite. What concerns me is this bow is a $200 bow and so many other bowyers charge 2, 3, 4, 5 even 6 times as much for a similarly constructed bow of similar materials. These bows are backed with bamboo and not fiberglass. Granted, some exotic woods are very expensive. But to you owners, shooters, and friends of owners of Two Rivers Longbows, what is your opinion on the quality, durability and craftsmanship of them?

Heres a few example pics.

Reflex Deflex.

Hill style

"Now take thy weapons, thy quiver of arrows & thy bow & go out to the field, & hunt some venison."

"I caught the caimans on a cane pole baited with hotdogs. I beat them to death with a stick and skinned them with my bare teeth." -dhaverstick

Offline highplains55

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Asking opinions from all owners/shooters of Two Rivers Longbows.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 01:50:00 AM »
i have one and it is a great shooter,no handshock super quiet and just as fast as my glass bows,they are a bargain,although i sanded down the finish on the back and redyed it with alcohol dyes ,he was using rit dyes ,i think the alcohol dyes work better with the bamboo,i would ask the bowyer what he uses now,i also reworked the grip and put a little more palmswell and a thumbrest instead of his flatter grip,just a suggestion,good luck!

Offline Arkansas Osage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 03:19:00 AM »
Thanks doug, how long have you had it, have you ever hunted with it and is it pretty durable for hunting or just recreational shooting?
"Now take thy weapons, thy quiver of arrows & thy bow & go out to the field, & hunt some venison."

"I caught the caimans on a cane pole baited with hotdogs. I beat them to death with a stick and skinned them with my bare teeth." -dhaverstick

Offline highplains55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
i have had it since last fall,haven't hunted with it yet but def. huntworthy,i have several bows of wood and take em with me all the time as well as my glass bows,the two rivers are well made ,no problems with the bamboo or the osage even in our very dry climate  here.

Offline Arkansas Osage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 05:19:00 PM »
I ask because leroy (the bowyer) told me the bamboo backing can be fairly fragile, and that a nick in it cause cause it to splinter. So I was thinking like if you draw and shoot and the backing hits a limb as is it fires that you didn't see, or you trip and fall and it hits a rock, or any number of things that could damage it. I really like them, and I've heard really good things about them, so I will probably get one for target shooting and future competition shooting and leave the hunting to my selfbows and glass backed bows.

Anybody else own one?

Offline Arkansas Osage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 08:52:00 AM »
No one else? 4 people on all of tradgang? The guys sold hundreds upon hundreds and I can't find any owners?

Offline Horserod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 12:07:00 PM »
Don't feel bad Arkansas Osage, I asked about Great Northern Longbows (made and sold since '85) and got only one reply here......I guess no one owns or shoots 'em on this web site  :dunno:  Horserod

Offline Arkansas Osage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 09:06:00 PM »
Lol, I decided it was a better idea just to message everyone he's sold a bow to on  e bay since 2007. 5 replies so far. Probably would have had more except e bay will only let you send 5 seperate messages a day. At over 100 people thats gonna take me 20 days lol.

Offline Ruff Hewn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 09:22:00 PM »
Yeah I've got one. Just picked it up about two months ago.  No problems with it. It shoots really well, smooth, no hand shock. Robbinhooded one last week at 20 yards. Bamboo backed osage with zebra wood raiser. 66" AMO  54# @"28".
Been shoot'n 3D with it. Don't see why I wouldn't hunt with it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©