3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: sbd 6 strand strings  (Read 873 times)

Offline Ebisu

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: sbd 6 strand strings
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 11:36:00 PM »
New to this forum and learning a ton.  This is a helpful post - I have an sbd 6 strand on order for my 47# Bamboo Viper - really looking forward to seeing the difference!

Offline FarmerMarley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2013, 12:36:00 PM »
I use the SBD 6 strands on all my bows under 53# at my draw. Have used the 8 strands also. I like the skinny strings a lot. It makes a big difference for the relatively light poundage bows I shoot. I need all the extra power I can get.

I order the recurve wraps for my 'curves and they seem good, haven't compared to other makes though.
I'm not that big of a fan of the SBD yarn silencers though. I perfer to install my own usually little catwhiskers (installed Ryan Sanpei's way) or bowhush wool. Just my preference.

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »
I have SBD 6-strand strings on all of my fast flight recurves. All of those strings have SBD recurve wraps and SBD yarn silencers. The wraps and silencers are great. The performance from these strings is amazing. I had to go to a higher spine arrow because so much more power is being transferred to the arrow. By my estimation I am getting about 10 pounds more performance from my 50 to 53 pound recurves. In other words, my 53 pound recurve is now as fast as my 63 was with its B-50 string. Amazing.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »
I love mine
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2013, 11:16:00 PM »
All my bows have either a 6 or 8 strand SBD string. If you order through Pierre it takes about 3 wks to get the custom string. If you don't need an unique size try braveheart archery they carry the 8 strands and Tim's customer service is second to none.

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2013, 02:25:00 PM »
Got a 6 strand SBD on my Fox High Sierra and really like it.  I've also been trying a Rick Barb** 9 strand - Ultracam and I have to say they are right up there with the best of them.  Can't go wrong either way.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2013, 03:51:00 AM »
used there 6 and 8 strand. well made strings but I find I like endless loop strings that are a little thicker.  If you like low strand Flemish strings then im sure you will love there strings.
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©