3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Easton Bowhunting TV - Season 9  (Read 1028 times)

Offline mellonhead

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Easton Bowhunting TV - Season 9
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2013, 04:24:00 PM »
I like Fred's shows.  Not because he hunts with a recurve on some episodes, but because he hunts the way I do and thinks anything shot with a bow is a trophy.  He doesn't always shoot the biggest beast in the herd, but you would never know it from his reaction.  Traditional archery is definitely not the most popular form of bowhunting these days.  So any exposure at all is great.  We are all hunters and should not condemn others just because of their choice of weapon.  

Toby

Offline Wiley Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2013, 05:58:00 PM »
I really got to say that whenever Fred is using a compound I feel like turning the program off. I watch Easton Bowhunting only because Fred is a traditional archer, otherwise the show is the same as most of the other crappy hunting shows.    :dunno:    :deadhorse:
Great Northern Bushbow
Super Shrew Delux
Talon Longbow
Chekmate Hunter Recurve

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2013, 09:36:00 PM »
Thinking back I should have realized like most promos or teasers they are almost always better than the real thing and nothing like the actual movie or show. Just another typical  over the top questionable "hunting" commercial.
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline Cwilder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2013, 12:02:00 AM »
I think the reason he's shooting the compound more is he want to do the slam with that as well.
I love Bow Hunting

Offline johnnyk71

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2013, 12:28:00 AM »
Originally posted by DoradoWilder:
I think the reason he's shooting the compound more is he want to do the slam with that as well.
I wonder what the point is. that's like swimming the English Channel, and then turning around and crossing it in a motorboat.

pointless.
All lefty, all the time...
Martin Hatfield 45#@28"
Liberty Chief Elite 53#
Blacktail Elite V.L. 53#
Maddog Prairie Predator 51#
Sheepeater Spirit 50#
RER Retro 53#
RER LXR Recurve 52#, Longbow 54#

Offline Wiley Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2013, 08:06:00 AM »
johnnyk71-I couldn't agree with you more. The only reasons a guy like Fred is shooting a compound is a sore shoulder etc or money!!!
Great Northern Bushbow
Super Shrew Delux
Talon Longbow
Chekmate Hunter Recurve

Offline PSUBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2013, 08:50:00 AM »
Fred is the man, if you get a chance to meet him you will soon realize that he is just that passionate about our sport. He much prefers the recurve to the compound, but Hoyt wanted him to appeal to a larger crowd, so occasionally he hunts with wheels. I don't know that there are many guys out there that I would rather shoot a 3d with than mr eichler.

Offline Mike VanBuren

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2013, 09:35:00 AM »
I like the idea that Fred is inclusive in his acceptance of archers who use all the various forms of equipment. After all, we traditional archers are the ones who are now in the minority, even though compound bows hadn't even been invented during the first decade that I was shooting bows. I'm very thankful that Terry created TradGang exclusively for traditional archery, but we still need to be accepting of others who help support the sport of hunting, even if they choose to use other weapons. I don't like the commercialization of the sport either, but someone has to pay the bills. Few other archers alive today have done more for traditional archery than Fred Eichler.

Allan
X3
  :thumbsup:

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
Fred's is one of the few hunting shows I will watch on the tube these days.  Like others have noted, he reminds me of the thrill I get from bowhunting.  

He seems to have the same awestruck feeling I get at times when the bow and arrow and I do our jobs.  I am always amazed (and thankful) for the lethality of archery tackle.

I like how Fred isn't always trying to coin a phrase or start some type of fad.  I am so opposed to those things that I absolutely refuse to by products with certain names, nick-names, or slogans on them.   A favorite arrow of mine began being made with one of these nick-names a couple of years ago.  I called Easton to make sure I could get the product without the nick-name or I would have switched to another arrow.

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2013, 10:58:00 AM »
anybody notice all that torque going on after his release. wow, Fred is a great actor for sure and really is a pretty funny guy, He would be fun to hunt with. I have seen a transformation over the years, On his very first DVD he is very calm and don't go berserk after the shot-kill that to me says something. he transformed into an actor. not the end of the world but like shocky he will use anything if you pay him and that don't sit right with me.

Offline toehead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »
im just glad hoyt doesn't make a cross bow    :scared:   whoooooooo YEAHHHHH!!!! DID YOU SEE THAT ...

WWFD? rubberbands....get some!
proud member of
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma
Oklahoma Self Bow Society
Leedey Archery Association
PBS
Comptons Traditional Bowhunters
Pope and Young Club

Offline Littlejake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »
I think some of you guys need to cut Fred a break. I met him in West Virgina a couple years ago. His excitement is for real,not the fake hand shaking that you see from some of the people on TV do after they shoot an animal.If it was'nt for the compound part of the show, we would'nt get to see any recurve shooting.
Try and be the person your dog thinks you are...
PBS Regular Member

Online Stringwacker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2013, 01:25:00 PM »
I watched his show last night...he did something that HAD to be a first on national outdoor programming. He had a segment that explained that bow seasons were under duress and that he was joining every state bowhunting organization in America...and urged his viewers to join their state's bowhunters organization.

That is going to catch him some small disfavor as everyone knows state bowhunting organizations defend the sport even when it's not popular to do so.

Of course, Fred cemented his reputation as a bowhunter first and a celebrity second. What a breath of fresh air!
Pope and Young Life Member
PBS Regular
Compton Bowhunters
Mississippi Bowhunters Hall of Fame

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »
Now I like Fred but I don't know what he's talking about bow seasons being under duress.  They are not under duress in my state.  Neither are they under duress in most eastern states.

I didn't see the show. I think I DVR his series -- hope so or I'll catch it the next 13-week cycle.

I think I know what he and others might call "duress" but I'm not going to be responsible for stinking up this site by opening that rotten can of worms.

Online Stringwacker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »
I should likely clarify that I was using my own words to summarize his statements.

It would be nice to live in a state that didn't have the threat of negative influence regarding its archery seasons. In my home state archery only seasons have been shorterned almost half. The wildlife agency has said archery seasons are exclusive; relics of the past.

In addition we have the can of worms as well. I think its all interelated.

Kudos to Fred for taking a stand.
Pope and Young Life Member
PBS Regular
Compton Bowhunters
Mississippi Bowhunters Hall of Fame

Offline T-Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2013, 03:15:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:
William

JD Berry Valor 66” 45@28
Great Northern Bush Bow 62" 47@28"
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
I think the main reason why people don't see the duress is because their state bowhunting org is and has been working their tail off to prevent it. I agree with Fred join your state bowhunting org.   :bigsmyl:

Offline toehead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2013, 11:49:00 AM »
I can say in my state, we are loosing bow hunting opportunities due to the way the legislation and wildlife department work.  The ODWC does not make the laws or the rules, the legislature does.   We had 3000 acres of closed road bow only access that was opened up to rifle due to a legislature demanding it from the ODWC, the whole while 5,000 acres of state land across the road literally has always been open.   We had a proposal in OKC to open up some parks to bowhunting but the "police officers" who live boarding the park who kill big bucks with black powder rifles railed against it.  On some State lands here only the first 9 days of our 20+day rifle season was open to rifle then it went back to bow only, errrr not any more.  
complacency and the "new generation" that are raised on the OUTDOOR CHANNEL is to blame in my experience.  

When Fred Eichler joins the Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma I will share my thoughts on how he can help further and promote bowhunting in our State.  He is not currently a member.
proud member of
PBS
Pope and Young Club

Offline toehead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2013, 11:52:00 AM »
not to mention the "sequestor" affect on what could be the greatest traditional bow hunting only piece of land in the world, the Federally ran McAlester Army Ammunition Plant.  The sequester has successfully shut down the spring turkey hunt out there this year.  No word yet on the bow hunt but BAM that's another lost opportunity if it does.  

COMPLACENCY. I see it in this very thread
proud member of
PBS
Pope and Young Club

Offline toehead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2013, 11:55:00 AM »
not to mention the introduction of the CROSSBOW into the ARCHERY ONLY Season in oklahoma, not to mention the YOUTH RIFLE season smack dap in the middle of Bow season, not to mention the HOLIDAY DOE RIFEL SEASOn smack dab in the middle of the second bow season.....

COMPLACENCY
proud member of
PBS
Pope and Young Club

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©