3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Grounder 350 or Big Mike which Barronett Blind  (Read 380 times)

Offline AlanF

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Grounder 350 or Big Mike which Barronett Blind
« on: April 02, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »
I'm getting ready to purchase a blind and I've narrowed it down to Barronett Blinds' Grounder 350 or Big Mike.  The variables are:
-I shoot 68" longbows
-Want to be able to take my kid hunting
-Want to be sure the windows are low enough for turkeys up close (concern with the Grounder 350)
-Most of my hunting will be on State land here in CT

What does your experience recommend?  
Thank you.
"You uncovered your bow, you called for many arrows." Habakkuk 3:9

Offline German Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Grounder 350 or Big Mike which Barronett Blind
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »
I have the Grounder 350 and my uses are the same as you listed except I shoot 62" bows.

YOU DO NOT want the grounder 350. Windows are too high is the biggest problem. I can just barely clear the windows on close up shots(Im 5'11") and my 13 year old can not sit and shoot with his 62" bow and also can not stand to shoot.

I'd sell mine but then it's easier to toss it in the dumpster than it is to pack it up and pay shipping to sell it to someone.   :banghead:

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 12:02:00 PM »
I have the Big Mike, shoot longbows 62-66" and bring the kids quite often.  Works well for us, no complaints.  Didn't notice the windows being too high, and would easily buy another if something happened to this one.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »
I have been checking these out also and plan to go with the big mike with snake eyes as of right now. I don't shoot over 62 inch bows and most times 60 or even 58". The big mike looks to be plenty big and tall with better windows for setting shots and kids. A few pounds lighter I think. I will nge interested in seeing what you get for comments.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline 202turkey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »
I just purchased the Bell bottom model. Wanted to get the standard model and talked to Gander Mt.they said it would be two weeks out,so then I  called the parent company for Barronet and they said they would not have any to ship to Gander until sometime in June.( I would have gotten a backorder notice). Ended up getting the insulated model of the Bell Bottom from Gander as they had them in stock ( advertised as a ice fishing shack) Most square footage on the ground of any blind I have ever been in. A little on the heavy side but I swear you could put 3 adults in this blind very comfortably. Windows are great on this model also. You might want to check this one against the others. Joe.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »
Can I ask, why not DB or one of the Primos models. I bought a Primos model on sale as Dicks. I have owned it 3 years and can easily fit 3 Adults and shoot any bow up to 68"s as long as ya cant the long ones a tad. I paid $140 on sale. Just curious as why it has come down to these two blinds? Shawn
Shawn

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 04:40:00 PM »
If you must buy a barronett, I would recommend that you look for a snake eyes model. I have had 3 barronetts, the grounder 350 is junk in my opinion. I had two of them and both broke before I ever got to hunt out them. Their customer service is good as along as you just need parts to fix them. The snake eyes blinds by them are really good blinds in my opinion. I also agree with Shawn, I have a primos that I have had for around five years and it has been a great blind. Good luck in your search.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline AlanF

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 05:29:00 PM »
The tallest Primos/DB blind I see is 75" and that leaves too little room for error when there are different options available.  Do they offer a model that is 80" tall?
"You uncovered your bow, you called for many arrows." Habakkuk 3:9

Offline monsterbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 08:12:00 PM »
I'm with Charlie on this one. Try the snake eyes 375 if you can find one. Better material, better windows. IMO. God bless.
John 3:16  Whosoever Will

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©