3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Really pissed at USPS  (Read 338 times)

Offline ermont

• Trad Bowhunter
Really pissed at USPS
« on: April 02, 2013, 04:01:00 PM »
I sold Bob Corbitt a bow last week. I mailed it Priority on Monday March 25th. It finally arrived today. Bob emailed me it looked like the box had been kicked the whole way. The riser had a small ding. I offered to pay to repair it. He declined saying he would fix it himself. I will never use USPS ever again. Their tracking sucks. I'm done with them.
I do have to give a huge thanks to Bob for being so understanding thru this whole ordeal. He was great to deal with and never gave me a hard time. He is a great guy. I'm not sure I could have been as gracious had I been in his shoes.

Bob Corbitt    :thumbsup:

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Really pissed at USPS
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 04:07:00 PM »
I agree with you totally. I've had it out with them a number of times,and if I have any alternative way of doing things I do.

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 04:07:00 PM »
Ya I've had similar experiences. But what can we do? I've had worse service with ups.  I think they take a little better care if its insured. Cause they don't want the liability

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 04:09:00 PM »
Does not matter what shipper you use, they all have horror stories!! I actually have shipped over 200 bows and I still say the P.O. is the best I have used and I have tried all the others, although Fed-Ex has been very good they are just to much!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ermont

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »
At least with UPS I can tell what state my package is being destroyed in. I was told the package would be delivered by last Thursday. WTH?

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »
So far....and I say that hoping my good luck continues....I have never had any real problems with the Postal Service. The last bow I received the tube did get beat up a bit but the bow was fine. I have had prompt service and it has been by far the most affordable!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »
Post Office for me. I had a couple claims with other firms that never were given proper attention. All shipping has risk and everyone of them is not perfect.
 Glad your buyer was understanding!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline no

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 04:29:00 PM »
put it in a hard tube like pvc & dont wory about it. Mike
Big Mike

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 04:30:00 PM »