3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: footing aluminium  (Read 337 times)

Offline dink

• Trad Bowhunter
footing aluminium
« on: April 09, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »
Anybody foot there aluminium arrows i want to make some stupping arrows.is there a chart on what size fits over a certian size all i can find is the one for carbon.i need to know what size fits over 1916s lite any info please

matt

Offline Prairie Drifter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: footing aluminium
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »
2114's fit over a 1916.
Maddog Bows (16)
Rocky Mnt Recurves(2)
Sierra Blanca Bows (2)
Mike B.

Offline dink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 07:50:00 PM »
thanks does anyone know of a chart ?

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 08:31:00 PM »
I don't know of a chart or anything but my question is why foot an aluminum arrow with another piece of aluminum. Most people foot carbon arrows with pieces of aluminum shaft to keep the carbon fibers which are woven to create the shaft from splintering and mushrooming where the insert goes into a shaft. I haven't shot that many aluminum arrows but the ones I have shot seemed extremely durable to direct blows to the point end they just bend easy if a glancing blow. Hence the reason for carbon shafting it is much stronger if a glancing blow is struck and if footed with aluminum as strong or stronger on a direct blow to the point end. Another way to make durable arrows that won't mushroom hardly at all with carbon arrows it to use a brass insert. I have done quite a bit of stumping with carbon arrows and brass inserts and find them to be nearly as durable as footed carbon shafts and only break about 1 or 2 more a year.
James Kerr

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©