3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: D-shape Hill longbows and Grizzly BH  (Read 299 times)

Offline dad

• Trad Bowhunter
D-shape Hill longbows and Grizzly BH
« on: April 09, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
How many of you use these BH and what grain head for your bow poundage? I looked they are 11/32 in diameter and in alum. screw in adapter are rated short 25gr and long 43gr. I would be using wood arrows. The ones I'm looking at are the 120 to 160 and just wondering what everyone is using.

Offline toehead

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: D-shape Hill longbows and Grizzly BH
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 09:23:00 PM »
killed a hog a few weeks ago with a hill wesley special 52@29 and a 575 grain cedar with a 160 grain grizzly broadhead.  can get em sharp as a dang scalpal on a KME.
proud member of
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma
Oklahoma Self Bow Society
Leedey Archery Association
PBS
Comptons Traditional Bowhunters
Pope and Young Club

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 10:53:00 PM »
If you are using wood arrows, I would suggest glue- ons.  The weight of broadhead you select is entirely  dependent on your arrow spine requirements.  I like to spine 5 pounds stiff with would arrows and use 160 grain Grizzlies.  If I am just slightly up on the spine I use the 145s and if I am dead on with the stu miller chart I use 125s.  They all work. Much has been said about matching the wing with the head, left to left or right wing to right wing head, I did it wrong for years with the original grizzly with great results.

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
I have the 200gr Grizzly Kodiaks...but also shoot 160 and 190 Ribteks...all of mine are glued on as I only shoot woodies.  I like heavier broadheads...just forces me to get heavier spine weight in shafts to compensate.
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©