3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Carbon Advice?  (Read 645 times)

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Carbon Advice?
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 04:24:00 PM »
I bareshafted my hybrid longbow, 6 strands skinny SBD string, 45lbs@29", to perfection with GT trads 1535, 30.5 Bop and a 100 grains fieldtip. 3 three 5 inch fletches and standard GT insert and nock.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 04:42:00 PM »
RR, I guess I am saying is you can get away with a lot more point weight and lighter spined arrows because carbon recover from paradox way quicker than other arrow materials. Let me put it this way, we can all agree that compounds shoot much harder(with more force)than Trad bows, correct? Than why do a lot of folks think they can shoot carbons designed and spined for compounds out of bows in the same poundage rated for compounds. Carbons are spined with 14" centers and woodies with 13" centers. Take a carbon and spine it like you would a wood arrow at 13"s you would be amazed what the deflection goes too. Basically you or a lot of other folks are shooting arrows that were designed to be shot from 35/55# compounds with 75-125 grain heads. I am not trying to argue and I have seen guys who get great flight with what I think are arrows way stiff, but most times those same guys can add 50-100 grains and get as good and in most cases better flight. In a lot of cases, not the Shrews case bows are cut well past center and people can get good flight out of a wide range of spines. I just really want to stress the point about remember even Traditional look arrows are still spined like all the rest of carbons and all carbons are spine rated for compound bows not us Trad bow guys. Have Fun!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 05:03:00 PM »
Shawn,that..makes alot of sense. Thank you for taking the time to put all that information together. One thing I really,really would like to get in my archery arsenal is a spine tester. I will add some more weight to these arrows and see the difference. Best regards,rat'   :campfire:
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 11:42:00 AM »
Originally posted by riverrat 2:
I guess I'm overspined then.    :bigsmyl:   carbons can be a real pain to tune. I don't want to give any false info to you TNtrapper,and the 3555's will likely work better for you with a 47 pound bow. Just stating what worked for me.  rat'
PM sent

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline Feather Flinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2013, 06:59:00 PM »
I believe 5575 will be too stiff unless you want to load up the front more. I'm shooting 50# at 27". 29" 5575s with 225-250 grains up front and they bareshaft perfectly. I don't think I could get by with any less weight up front.

Offline TNtrapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2013, 11:04:00 PM »
Thanks a lot guys for all the help! Ive got some 3555's ordered. Im going to use my 125 Eskimos and I got a few of the glue on adapters in aluminum and steel in several weights. Now just waiting on the delivery. I appreciate it.
Shrew Model T Carbon 64" 50@28
Hoyt Dorado 50@28
"Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah."  Psalm 55:7

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©