3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Does anyone else suffer from this??  (Read 600 times)

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Does anyone else suffer from this??
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2013, 08:37:00 PM »
I am the same way! I shoot way better when shooting alone or hunting, but with my buddies I get all sorts of worked up. I swear I have worse "buck fever" at 3d shoots than when a biggun comes close enough.
is it September yet??

Offline traditional beagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2013, 08:44:00 PM »
It helped me when I quit keeping score even when the other 3-4 guys were.. I consentrate on a kill shot and don't fret the score rings.

Offline beaunaro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
Sean,
I remember punchin a lot of paper with my compound, that never bothered me much with all those other guys on the line watching.
After I got to be a consistently better shot, maybe a couple years later, I entered a simple little local 300 tournament...I mean, I knew mow
st of the entrants, some were kids and all.
Holy Cow... my hands started to sweat and I was having breathing difficulties. Needless to say my score was way below my average.
I got to thinking about it and decided I was just trying too hard!
Nowdays, with the trad gear, I just try to have fun. Sure I care about the shot...but it just bothers me way less...and I shoot better. I don't really care to impress anyone, I just shoot for me. I'm not the word's best shot...I'm not the worst.
BTW, like Jim said, I thought you shot plenty good when we were in Florida.
I found one of your arrows with SG head. Probably bounced off a squirrel. Looks like the horse stepped on it and ruined your nice spliced feathers. I'll save it for ya.
Irv Eichorst

www.truesouthadventures.com
Irv Eichorst

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2013, 07:41:00 PM »
Hey Irv, That was the one Kent shot at a clump of grass.  we looked pretty hard for it!!  I guess maybe my shooting is not as bad as I think it is!!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Moots

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2013, 08:10:00 PM »
I used to when I started shooting.  Then I set up a target bag in my garage and shot so many arrows that I now feel relaxed when I shoot, even around other people.  But that doesn't mean that I always hit the target! LOL

Offline Big Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »
Before I gave my wheels away, I was a very consistent and confident 3D shooter.  Probably averaged 460-470/500 those last few years.  Shooting in front of people thrilled me because I knew I could perform.

I've been shooting Trad only for three years now and shooting in front of people definitely lessens my accuracy.  I'm improving, little by little, and am looking forward to my first trad only shoot this Sunday.  

I should add, I have way more fun shooting now than I was when I was finishing at or near the top.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2013, 10:51:00 PM »
Read Jay Kidwell. Its called Target Panic.  If you have it when people are watching you most likely will have it when shooting at live game.  Same issue as shooting free throws or kicking a field goal.  All the same.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2013, 11:38:00 PM »
ya, me too.
I watch those hunting shows and the archer is in front of 6 people and a camera and I wonder how they can pull off a good shot. I also wonder "how did they get to take a shot with 6 people and a camera?"  the big game animals I hunt would not stick around!
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2013, 12:36:00 AM »
yup been there done that   :biglaugh:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;