3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: USPS Beware  (Read 373 times)

Offline Roverrich

• Trad Bowhunter
USPS Beware
« on: April 15, 2013, 10:17:00 PM »
Look what the post man brought me today. Nice!  

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: USPS Beware
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 10:36:00 PM »
Those plastic tubes are cursed I tell ya.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 10:46:00 PM »
Looks like you got some new GT's. I hope all were unscathed.

Bisch

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 10:57:00 PM »
I feel your pain....

My *last* order to a particular vendor for some arrows and shafts (this was a few years back) resulted in a crushed arrow box on my doorstep AND 2 of the arrow shafts were broken and the baggies with the inserts and field tips had opened and they were scattered inside the box and unfortunately, some had found their way outside of the box during the course of the journey....

A call to the vendor resulted in NO ACTION on their part as far as replacement for either the 2 arrows or the lost inserts and field tips.  And USPS said it was up to the vendor to file the report.

All the vendor ended up losing - was my business....

For some reason deliveries to our neck of the woods pay their toll.  That is why I like to be home, if possible, when deliveries are made - just  in case....

Hopefully, everything is okay with your order!

Keep the wind in your face!

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline Arkansas Osage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 11:07:00 PM »
Guru's not gonna like this thread lol.

But the sender should have used bubble wrap. Whenever mailing anything, package it in enough bubble wrap to withstand anything your imagination thinks the postal workers can dish out.
"Now take thy weapons, thy quiver of arrows & thy bow & go out to the field, & hunt some venison."

"I caught the caimans on a cane pole baited with hotdogs. I beat them to death with a stick and skinned them with my bare teeth." -dhaverstick

Offline Roverrich

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 11:07:00 PM »
Everything was OK as far as I can tell.

Had another issue once where a field tip unscrewed in the journey to me and while loose, it must have caused a nick or stress riser on an arrow shaft. First shot with that arrow and the arrow broke right where the scratch was!! Great vendor filed claim w/ carrier and sent me another arrow in replacement.

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 11:10:00 PM »
Yup hide it from Guru  
When you start a thread like this preface it with " Guru do not open thread"     :laughing:
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 11:18:00 PM »
Hopefully the contents fared better than the tube. I think the cardboard triangular boxes you get on line from USPS are way better. And none of the other shippers are superior to USPS everyone has a mishap now and again. IMO

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 01:07:00 AM »
Have you ever noticed that most all these damaged package threads are using round tubes???

Have you ever noticed how round things have a tendency to roll around?

it never ceases to amaze me why people still continue to ship things in these tubes, and be so surprised when they get damaged......   :dunno:

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 07:54:00 AM »
USPS stacks everything - they hate tubes.

You are asking for "ground round" if you put a tube into the USPS meat grinder.

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 08:08:00 AM »
Sched 40 PVC is tough, but far from indestructable.  I find the 3" sched 40 will fit inside a USPS Priority triangle box which keeps the tube from rolling and has worked great for me.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 08:36:00 AM »
We use a triangular box for everything we ship USPS, and have had no problems. The Triangular box is great because they can't stack anything on it.  You can  get two sizes free on the USPS website. Or we buy them from a local shipping supply store in bow size
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline DWilhelm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »
Craig from HH archery sent my bow blank in a simple cardboard box and it made it all the here (Canada) with barely a wrinkle.  After reading posts like this, I am surprised it didn't arrive in three pieces.

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 09:13:00 AM »
i wont use usps unless its the very last option, i have had to many bad instances where little or no actiobn was taken, i have had a bow stolen by a usps employee, delivered boxes laying in the ditch beside my mailbox in front of my house because he was to lazy to take it to the door.. claims go partially paid.. the list is long enough for me to avoid them at all costs
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Hit-or-Miss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »
I have never had an issue with the USPS, aside from one ROUND cardboard tube containing a longbow. As previously mentioned, don't use round tubes!!!
 3-Rivers uses big square boxes for arrows, they always arrive in 100% condition. Triangle boxes are great for trouble free shipping bows. That and a little blessing from above, LOL!!!!

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 10:10:00 AM »
I have to say I've been really lucky with both UPS and USPS. I still favor USPS, though, because the few times something went wrong, it was made right quickly.

We picked up a new mail carrier who was not as hard working as her predecessor. I had to pick up some medicine from the PO because she left a note about attempted delivery and nobody home. We were home however. Several weeks later I was expecting a bow, so was watching for her. She whipped up to our roadside mailbox, slipped an already completed "attempted delivery" notice in the box and was gone before I could even get out the door. I took the slip to the post office and talked to the manager. I explained that this was the second time it had happened. He copied the slip and said he would talk with her. The next day I picked up my bow and nothing more was said. The mail carrier will now get out of her truck and ring the bell if she has something which needs to be signed for and I tell her how much I appreciate it. Every business has employees who do not even go the mile, let alone an extra mile, but it is how the manager handles the problem that makes the difference. So far, I'm very satisfied.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
That's funny Ron. I got a new bow in the mail yesterday,and my postal carrier is the same about coming to the door. He will come to the door,but it's like he runs back to his truck. I was waiting in the garage for him yesterday though.

Offline Craig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
Don't blame the USPS, Bad packaging, If you are going to send arrows. Send them in the cardboard arrow boxes. That is what they are made for. That thin PVC pipe just shattered when something was laying on it. Round tubing just doesn't stack very well for shippers. Boxes do. If you want to use PVC you are going to have to spend the money for Schedule 40 and pay higher shipping cost.
Schafer Silvertip

Offline Craig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bladepeek:
I have to say I've been really lucky with both UPS and USPS. I still favor USPS, though, because the few times something went wrong, it was made right quickly.

We picked up a new mail carrier who was not as hard working as her predecessor. I had to pick up some medicine from the PO because she left a note about attempted delivery and nobody home. We were home however. Several weeks later I was expecting a bow, so was watching for her. She whipped up to our roadside mailbox, slipped an already completed "attempted delivery" notice in the box and was gone before I could even get out the door. I took the slip to the post office and talked to the manager. I explained that this was the second time it had happened. He copied the slip and said he would talk with her. The next day I picked up my bow and nothing more was said. The mail carrier will now get out of her truck and ring the bell if she has something which needs to be signed for and I tell her how much I appreciate it. Every business has employees who do not even go the mile, let alone an extra mile, but it is how the manager handles the problem that makes the difference. So far, I'm very satisfied.
It's because the USPS carriers are over burden with larger routes. I know it's no excuse, but if they can get away with it some will. I was a carrier for over 33 years and I had places I would leave packages at certain homes in there Car, shed, back porch. I would then leave a note in there mail box where it was. If you get a chance try and talk to them. It's a whole different ball game if you live in the city. People stealing things. I had a computer to deliever one time, the lady came out and told me it should be here. she said it needed to be signed for. I told her if she is not home I would sign and put it in her shed. She found it in her shed the next day. Christmas time she gave me a nice gift. Commuticating goes a long way.
Schafer Silvertip

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
What Kirkll said!  :banghead:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©