3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: USPS Beware  (Read 372 times)

Offline SCATTERSHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: USPS Beware
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 12:14:00 PM »
i have found that the plastic downspouts from Home depot, etc. make pretty good shipping tubes, and they don't roll around.
"Experience is a series of non - fatal mistakes."

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »
Craig, I agree. I'm just saying the service seems to flow down-hill. If the manager cares, so do the employees. If I go into a restaurant and the service is lousy, I don't blame the waiter/waitress as much as I do a disinterested manager - especially if it seems to be the norm.

There is always a box of homemade cookies or a gift certificate in the mailbox at Christmas time and I think it is appreciated.

Are you saying that a flat box is better than a tube for shipping a bow? I've never had either damaged, but I can understand that the package handling is easier with something rectangular.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Phrogdrvr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2013, 02:43:00 PM »
x3 for the USPS triangle boxes.  Never a problem!

Tom

Offline Arkansas Osage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »
The triangular boxes really are the way to go, not only do they keep things from being stacked directly on them, but they deflect and divert impacts should things fall on them. Burnt mailed me an osage bow in a triangular box with nothing but some bubble wrap on the tips and it was fine. I've had several other bows come in triangular boxes with just the tips wrapped and they were all fine. I shipped a bow out in a triangular box and I took a bit more care to package it, but essentially it was in a wool bowsock with the ends wrapped with newspaper and cushioned with bubble wrap and it was just fine.
"Now take thy weapons, thy quiver of arrows & thy bow & go out to the field, & hunt some venison."

"I caught the caimans on a cane pole baited with hotdogs. I beat them to death with a stick and skinned them with my bare teeth." -dhaverstick

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »
Craig has it right, these people do not intentionally try to damage packages and the handling at the postal facilitys is better that at other shippers. I always make a point to get to know my carriers. I have had only 3 different ones in 27 years. They have all been great to me, I do live in the country but they go out of there way to get me my stuff. I agree with Craig most times it is how it is packaged. Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©