3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NC 2013 Deer Season  (Read 1440 times)

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NC 2013 Deer Season
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2013, 10:37:00 PM »
Hey Bud. Don't know if I will be down that way again soon  but maybe in Nov around Thanksgiving. We have a farm now and you are welcome to come anytime. I have been working on some food plots. Hope we can get together again soon.
see

Offline NCArrowflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2013, 11:19:00 PM »
Going to try public land here in WNC (Etowah, NC) have not been able to find a lease or property available that I can afford in this area. Also hoping to sneak down to GA and hunt with the brother-in-law a bit as well.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2013, 11:28:00 PM »
Let me know Dwight. I am off Mon-Thurs Thanksgiving week. The stand on page one is yours unless you prefer your sticks and stand. I'll be hunting some of those days.

NCAf,

The Central season is longer than the Western season. Uwharrie is a big place and there are some good deer in there.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline rbcorbitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2013, 06:47:00 AM »
Bud,

I hunt a private piece of property in Stokes County (nearly 400 acres) that is exclusively managed for wildlife.  Have 5 blinds, two hang-ons and my climber ready for Saturday the 7th!

Been lucky to have taken hogs with my trad gear, but this is the year to arrow my first deer!!

Good luck and let me know how your season goes!

Bob C
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2013, 07:06:00 AM »
Sounds like a great place Bob. I'm heading to Stokes Co (NC) later today to take my Dad to the family grave plots in a crossroads place called Northview, not far from Priddy's Store. My great and great-great grandparents are buried there. He hasn't been in years due to health. (Oakley, Sands, Taylor markers)

Stokes is a beautiful area.

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Online J. Cook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2013, 11:28:00 PM »
I hung a couple sets last Sunday, and I've got two more to hang this Saturday.  It's that time where you can feel a little difference in the morning air.  I'm ready!!!
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »
Got the second metal ladder stand up today. The woods were torn apart. Leaves scattered everywhere and turkey feathers around mixed in. After nearly killing myself putting the stand up by myself I walked to my wood stand I built three years ago. It's about 50 yards away. I came up on the turkey that had torn apart the wood while feeding. They kinda ran off but really paid me little attention. I hope the upcoming season keeps going like this  :)

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »
Anyone seeing acorns dropping? The torn up woods mentioned above were being searched by the turkey for acorns. I saw numerous fresh acorn caps and a few green acorns on the ground. Seems way too early for acorns to be dropping.

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2013, 02:08:00 PM »
Man up here in the mountains we arent going too have muuch of a crop this year. Blight has taken his toll on everything from tomatoes too aacorns. Red Oaks are dropping here a little,but definatley spotty.

I plan on concentrating on funnels, but im not gonna lie, 'yellow' acorns work great for years like this   :cool:
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2013, 02:50:00 PM »
Dalton, too much rain. I fertilized my white oaks back in the spring. I think it was a waste of time. I have one more stand to hang but it is so humid.  Made a bow holder and some brush holders today.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2013, 03:30:00 PM »
My Deer season is not for another month yet and you guys are getting me all pumped up. BEST OF EVERYTHING INCLUDING LUCK for all you NC boys and gals. Have a great season and be safe!   :archer:
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2013, 08:39:00 PM »
I never go until it cools off some which is usually the third week.

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2013, 11:24:00 AM »
I have trail cam photos of deer in the woods I hunt. A nice 8-point that I saw last November was not killed last year, so I wonder when and if he will show up. I put out a couple of "wicked wicks" and my pop up blind. I won't be able to hunt much in September, but the thought of October and November has me excited. Lots of does and younger bucks around too. NC deer season is Awesome!
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »
Wayy too much rain! It seems too be starting a week early this year, I bet that will get alot of bucks killed early.
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »
Unless it is a monster, I will not shoot it.  I would rather shoot long nose does.  I have not seen a good deer in three years.  To many road hunters.

Offline crafty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2013, 11:41:00 PM »
I have several sets ready to go. Running bait at a hand full of them for a month now. have several deer on camera. Most of my better stands i wont chance with a camera so im curious to see how they turn out. Im pumped for the opener. I have stand by all weekend so unfortunately ill be in uniform but will be in the woods each evening.
~Archer By Heart, Bowhunter By Blood~

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »
Amen to that brother!! We had 2 stans stolen by two idiots we saw roadhunting almost everyday in gun season. We infoemed game wardens and now the GW stays on that road. Maybe that will at least help something
------------
Dalton Lewis

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2013, 09:04:00 AM »
FInally got my first clean antler pics, blood all in fron of the camera, 3 shooters (1 biggern) lost their velvet yesterday morning at about 830am, at about 8 yds from my tree...  :banghead:  

Needless too say, im having trouble sleeping at night LOL.
------------
Dalton Lewis

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »
Already?!?!

Last year's opener I shot a velvet buck, but he was on the verge of shedding the velvet. Only bad thing about an opening day deer here is ticks and chiggers on the hide. Plus the transition from summer coat to winter coat makes the hide look less than desirable.

My camera's been out at a new spot for over a week. I set it near a place where I thought they were coming through in an open wooded spot. It's about 30 yards from my closest stand. Hopefully I'll have something on it when I pull the card.

I get off work tonight at 1815 and will not have to go back until Tues.

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »
Oh yes Bud, slick as whistle. Ive also notices that most of my deer have already transitioned to the "grey" look and lost all that red. Granted its definitley cooler up here, that may be the difference.
------------
Dalton Lewis

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©