3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Batman st judes hunt/ Lady Algebra in the house/ videos pg 6  (Read 1648 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Batman st judes hunt/ Lady Algebra in the house/ videos pg 6
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2013, 04:37:00 PM »
I feel as "nekkid" as the bird, without my camera and/or my hat - LOL

Industrious rascals, aren't they?:

Still at it:

About to wrap it up:

Now a look at Cory's main components for Friday eve's meal - wild Dove ... :

... and Wood Duck with super braised (I think) "Taters"- all waiting for Cory to work his magic on them and the veggie garnishes:

(More pics on the way)
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2013, 05:13:00 PM »
Woodies, soft shell crabs, more toys than you can carry .... and a MONSTA BIRD, my gosh, what's next!
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2013, 05:16:00 PM »
PLEASE tell me the fan and beard is on the way to the taxi!
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2013, 05:22:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure Michael plans to do Mills' mount for her,  with the fan and beard - and probably the legs/spurs also. we spoke some about it and he already was starting to "preen" the fan (with justifiable pride).
Cory, hard at the finals:

The completed dishes pile up:

Serve yourself - YUM! Yum!:

Cory takes a well deserved rest:

"Wampus Cat" among the trophies - (look close and you'll see it's made from an inverted deer rump, (tail hangs down to form beard), eyes and snout/moth from some mean little critter:

Saturday was pretty much a day of chilly (cold) sits and little or no sightings so the camera  cuts to evening (after that great lunch of rolled sandwiches Don covered earlier). Family and friends join us for Saturday evening's fabulous feast - Betsy (Earl's very pleasant and social wife) in Dark Blue top, Tommy Batten with arms folded, Cory at (evening meal) stove, Tommy's wife Wendy in blue denim top (another huntress of note, and  always pleasant company), Michael standing and Don's special wife, Trish, almost hidden beyond:

More pics - and guests & food to come)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2013, 05:39:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  very cool!
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2013, 05:51:00 PM »
Coming along great guys!    :thumbsup:    :campfire:    :coffee:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2013, 06:01:00 PM »
As promised, and I'll do as many names as I can with my faulty memory -
Woods, William Batten's girlfriend's sister (in purple) and the GF beyond her, Bryan Batten, Bryan's wife's head, Trish, Mills, and the back of Taylor Batten's head (Taylor is Bryan's son and Don's Grandson)

Trish (in bright orange)  top-left. At closer table, Wendy & Betsy, Earl, Michael, and Tommy's back:

William, Bryan , Cory, Don, Michael's head,

My plate - they made it as big as the rest, though i shouldn't eat that much I wouldn't want to mess with Cory's beautiful presentation (so I ate almost every bite of it). I think I'm still full - LOL let's see what i can remember here. Meat was Top Tenderloin (as I recall) drizzled with a Cherry gravy/sauce (mmmmm-good), a special dish of cheese and grits that looked like a baked potato and was sooooo good, a Purple cabbage and onion salad/slaw, a fried tomato slice, a butternut squash concoction to die for. Let me look and see if i missed anything. Oh by all means - beside the grits, braised in butter shrimp with a pineapple and nut sauce, and a slice of Charcoal broiled bread that Cory bakes. After this a desert was served that i failed to get a picture of. It was strawberries & Blackberries with whipped cream in a two piece pastry with nutella sauce drizzled over the top. I can't believe I ate the whole thing - Groannnnnnnnnnnnnn, and thank you Lord, and Cory.

A wide shot of the group:

Don, at sink duty, Tommy (back-to), Cory, and a "Red Solo Cup" to signify the good times had by all - LOL

(And even more pics to come)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »
Awesome! What a great deal all around, congrats to the young huntress!    :clapper:
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2013, 06:29:00 PM »
That looks like a fun time was had by all ... Congrats Mills, mighty fine turkey !!
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2013, 07:02:00 PM »
A quick run down on that last plate pic. That was prime rib with sundried cherry and red wine/beef gravy sauce, Red cabbage slaw, baby shrimp on a bed of grilled pineapple/jalopeno salsa, grilled bread, cheese grits, roasted butter nut squash and roasted tomatoes. It was just as good as it looks.

For desert we had shortcake bisquits with fresh strawberrys and blackberrys with hand whipped cream and chocalate drizzle.

Mills and Taylor gave Cory an A+ on the sweats.

"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2013, 07:11:00 PM »
One prize that wasn't mentioned yet was the cool Knife that Tippit made for Mills. Back in the picture of her doing a back bend, you can she it on her belt.

Also I'd like to talk a bit about the longbox and scratch box that joey made. It says " #1 Matched Set " on both calls. upon closer inspection you will notice that they are made from the same pieces of woods. Black Poplar for the body and Red Cedar for the tops. The craftsmanship is awesome as well as the sound of them.

As well as making me a call as well, Joey sent extra packs of xxl silver flames for Michael, Cory and Me. Michael even put a couple in his quiver one afternoon . We thought it would be neat to shoot a bird with one on this hunt. Somebody forgot to notify the turkeys though.

Also my buddy John Dill went above the call of duty and sent 2 kanati quivers instead of the one that he pleadged during the auction.

I got some video uploaded and will put some up later. Now I need to go workout . Kinda neglected that while I was gone and I need to burn some calories.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »
LOL - Thank you, Don. I planned to go back to "the plate" but Rose called me to supper and I forgot I hadn't finished that part 'til I got back to it. You gave a better description of the meal though , from being on the inside during Cory's preps - nice job. Love the shot of Mills and Taylor as I had watched them do that delicious desert just credit - LOL It was also such a pleasure to watch those two enjoy each others company so well.

GETTING CLOSE TO THE END NOW - i think only about one and a part of one pictorial posts left, if I remember right.

I thought about mentioning Tippets knife in the back bend picture but then thought sure it would be in the picnic table pics but I guess it wasn't so i forgot that too - durned ol' headbone. It was/is a great knife and Mills liked it so well she had it on her belt all weekend - probably why we didn't see it in the table of goodies - LOL

OK, on ward to the end of my part.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2013, 08:06:00 PM »
Minus Don's Gamecock T-Shirt, this thread is top shelf in every way.  Mill's, you are the bomb.  Only knives from Tippit, calls from Joebuck and Guru, meals by Cory, photography by Bernie, guiding services from Battman and the love of Langehan's comes close to being worthy of your spirit.  Pass it on, Sweetheart, pass it on.    :thumbsup:

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2013, 08:07:00 PM »
Nice, Duckbutt.

After dinner - Breaking Up Is Hard To DO - LOL:

Sunday AM Don asked me if I wanted to ride down to the river area (since I hadn't been there in either visit), as he was going to pick up the blind I'd been in the night before. I did!:

Beautiful isn't it, the way a southern river should look, morning mist and all - upper reaches of the Neuse River:

Don, on the old Herring fishing "pier"/plank. Can't do that in NC now - at least until the Herring populations increase again.

Don was reflecting with me on all the good times and good influences on his youth, and then the youths 0f his sons at this very special place of his father's and his father's friends/partners. A great place for boys to grow straight at - IMO

Lowlands, beside the river.

(One more pictorial post from yours truly)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2013, 08:23:00 PM »
Slew leading into the lowlands beside the river:

A goodbye wave from Mills and Woods - bless their hearts:

And another from Da Michael , of this fine Langehans clan - travel safe and well, friends, wherever you may go.:

(That's all from my camera, folks)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Longbowwally

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2013, 08:56:00 PM »
Don, Cory and Bernie - looks like you boys did it up right.

You guys hunting with these fellas can say you've  hunted with some of the best...

Well done all......
LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2013, 09:14:00 PM »
:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:  

Wow! What an awesome experience!

Thank you for sharing with the Trad Gang!

Keep the wind in your face!

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2013, 09:45:00 PM »
All I have time to say for now is.

WOW!!! What a ride!!!!
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline JMR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
It looks like you all had a great time! Congrats to Mills on the turkey! I think I went up a pants size just looking at all of that great food! Lol

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2013, 07:30:00 AM »
Thanks Wally. You can include Michael in that list of "some of the best". Great guy to share a camp and hunt with.

Was gonna get up some video but will have to wait. got to go work now.

Much more to come.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©