3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bama bows bang for your buck?  (Read 952 times)

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
Bama bows bang for your buck?
« on: April 21, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
Sold one of my wheelie bows. And I'm looking at longbows.I currently shoot a bob lee  hunter recurve and want to try a long bow. Searching different makes I can't get over how much bang for your buck Bama offers.( Options price, warranty) What are you thoughts on Bamas . and which do you prefer reflex/deflex  or straight.
Any other companies I shoul look at?

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bama bows bang for your buck?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »
Bama Bows are some great bows for the buck, so are MadDogs and MOABs.
  Heck just look at the Sponsor's list and check 'me out.  What YOU like is what should be important to you.  Good luck, and have fun.

Offline ermont

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
Lots of great deals in the classifieds. Bama bows are great buys. I've got a 2-pc Expedition Hunter. Awesome bows.

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »
I just got a buffalo bow from big jim,and could not be happier. Although the bow I got was around $800,the buffalo starts at $550. To me that's a lot of bang for the buck also.

Offline bulldog18

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »
Bamabows are a great bargain. As far as straight or reflex/deflex. I have an elite classic, which is straight and love it. My son had an expedition and it is a very good bow also. I would suggest you call Nate and talk to him about what you are looking for in a bow and he will help you out.
Howard Hill Red Hawk 68" 46@28
Howard Hill Big 5, 68" 50@28
Bamabows Tribute 68" 60@28
St. Patricks Lake Mushin Styk 45@28
Black Widow PSA 60" 46@28
Black Widow PL 47@28
St. Patrick’s Lake Northern Styk 68” 44@28

Offline Prairie Drifter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 05:39:00 PM »
Maddog, hands down.
Maddog Bows (16)
Rocky Mnt Recurves(2)
Sierra Blanca Bows (2)
Mike B.

Offline antler chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 06:59:00 PM »
I have a 70'' tribute just about done,from Bama Bows, it is a straight limb bow, his new model. Nate has gone above and beyond customer service in a true custom bow, he makes time to talk to you with any questions you have.He stands behind his bows I would not hesitate on giving Nate a call.

Offline Wolfshead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 08:24:00 PM »
I have a 64" 45# @ 27" hunter longbow.
I have to say that I really really love it. It shoots great, and it spits an arrow pretty good.
The warranty is great and the turn around was only 4 months.
I would not hesitate to recommend one of Nate's bows.
To tell the truth I am at present considering ordering one of his expeditions....
Bama Expediton Hunter Hybrid Longbow
58", 52# @ 27"
Bama Hunter Longbow
64", 45# @ 27"
"You only need sit still long enough, in some attractive spot in the woods, that all it's inhabitants may exhibit themselves to you by turns"
Henry David Thoreau

Offline LimbLover

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 08:25:00 PM »
Nate makes an incredible bow. You won't be disappointed. I own two Royals and an Elite Classic. Love them all. My Dad's got 2 of the Expeditions. He makes an incredible bow...all you have to do is figure out what you want. Nate can build it.
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
 www.michiganlongbow.org

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 09:01:00 PM »
Thanks for all the advice so far   :p  
Appreciate it

Offline Zippee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 09:12:00 PM »
I picked up a used Bama a few weeks ago and that bow is freakin awesome.  It is a two piece hunter.   I have a custom one on order and can't wait.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 09:16:00 PM »
Look at Blackcreek bows, Jims are some of the sweetest shooters out there. Shawn
Shawn

Offline ripforce56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 07:40:00 AM »
I have have a 62in Expi Osage Royal, 64in Lacewood  Expi Royal a Hunter longbow and my NEW 64in Locust/Walnut Tribute All American can't say enough about them, for the workmanship, shootability, and the options Nate gives you for the money, you can't beat a Bama!
BirchBark Rovers Custom Quivers 
Bama Royal Expedition T/D  #00027
Root Target Master 66in 40@28
SF Forged Plus/Carbon Elite 40lb Limbs 68in ILF
Schramm Recurve 62in 46@28

Schramm 62in Recurve 46@28

Offline misfire

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 08:22:00 AM »
I've got two of Nate's Hunters. They are just plain awesome and Nate is a great guy to work with!
Mark

"The shortest distance from the earth to your mouth is the best." ~Wendell Berry~

Offline Forrest Halley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 11:59:00 AM »
I've got four Bamas. Well three technically, as the wife stole the prettiest one, a Royal Expedition. Nate will build you any weight that you want and it will be exact for no extra charge. He's a man of his word and the newest member of the old world craftsmen.
Hunter is an accurate longbow without hand shock. I've got a 64" and 66" that are both very sweet shooters for their draw weight. There's a 100# two piece 70" bow floating around in Australia as a testament to Nate's willingness to try just about anything.
Expedition is a very fast and aggressive R/D design that really smokes an arrow. When compared to recurves of the same weight it has been showing a 25 fps advantage at both 50# and 100#. We're getting over 200fps at 8.5GPP. This bow design does have an aggressive draw to it when compared to bows of equal weight.
"Great strength is not necessary to shoot a heavy bow, it is but a byproduct of the dedication required."

Offline ncheels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 12:25:00 PM »
I have a Royal that I love.  Great craftsmanship.  Nate is a super guy and a great bowyer.  I have a new Hunter that is on order and Nate will be starting soon.  My Royal is a straight limb but my next will be a R/D longbow.  The prices, as you mentioned, are excellent.  You get such a highly crafted, high quality longbow for a more affordable price.
  I highly recommend getting a Bamabow from Nate.  You'll be very glad you did.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men
do nothing."

Offline TommyBoy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 01:57:00 PM »
Where can I test drive a Bama bow?  Does he exhibit at any of the shoots?
TommyBoy

Offline LimbLover

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 08:51:00 AM »
Nate doesn't really hit any shoots that I know of. Most folks that test drive them actually go to his house, which is probably unrealistic for anyone outside of Oklahoma.

Test drive programs are difficult when you can't keep a bow in stock. Nate gets a lot of custom orders so stock bows only show up every once in awhile.

Do a search for Bama on here. You won't find a negative comment. I bought one blind online in 2009 when no one had heard of him and haven't been disappointed since.
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
 www.michiganlongbow.org

Offline Wolfshead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 07:03:00 AM »
Okay Mr. Fingers....
Just wanted to let you know that I will be using your name and blaming you for my recent deviation!
I got the itch for another bow and put my order in yesterday for a Bama Expedition Hunter.
So when I am sleeping on the couch with my new bow I am blaming you!    :biglaugh:  
I am going with the asking for forgiveness instead of permission angle   :dunno:
Bama Expediton Hunter Hybrid Longbow
58", 52# @ 27"
Bama Hunter Longbow
64", 45# @ 27"
"You only need sit still long enough, in some attractive spot in the woods, that all it's inhabitants may exhibit themselves to you by turns"
Henry David Thoreau

Offline ermont

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 10:52:00 AM »
You won't be disappointed. The Expedition Hunter is a sweet bow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©