3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Deathwish longbow??  (Read 196 times)

Offline lotspaih

• Trad Bowhunter
Deathwish longbow??
« on: April 17, 2013, 02:31:00 PM »
well to start off im new here and also new to traditional shooting besides when i was under ten, but besides that i just got a Steve Welte Deathwish longbow 62" 7"brace 60#@28" #310
honestly i think i got a really good deal so far but i have no real info on the bow? i have found a few things about them on this forum. so far ive had one chance to shoot the bow with arrows that are for my old compound bow that was stolen out of my buddys truck. this bow is really nice quality and beautiful workmanship. ive talked to a few people about arrows and what not but everybody has turned me away from traditional shooting as i am 20 and it seems to be a dieing sport/style im not even sure i posted in the right place either.    :confused:
No sights, Just feel

Online mjh

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Deathwish longbow??
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 11:18:00 AM »
Enjoy your Deathwish, Steve makes a very good bow, might gain more info in the general area about matching arrows and such, wood arrows in the 60-65 spine range, carbon arrows I like 55-75 goldtips, lots of choices out there though....your in WI,  lots of trad shooters and good shooting in the state..look up WTA

Offline amazonjim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 09:23:00 AM »
Just a note you will find on this sight some of the finest guys to ever lift a bow. They will help you in your new adventure.

And probably unknown to the compound boys Traditional is not dying but just the opposite it has been on the increase for several years. Most bowyers have a two to three year waiting list.

Blessings, it will not just become a hobby but a passion.

Offline jiane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 02:13:00 PM »
Hello,

Where are you located in WI?  
There are a bunch of us traditional shooters located all over the state.  It probably won't be difficult to find some folks to help you out.  As mentioned above, check out the Wisconsin Traditional Archers (WTA) wistradarchers.com.  There are a number of "Traditional Only" shoots throughout the state where you can meet up with other Archers.

We are fortunate in the state of Wisconsin to have some of the best bowyers (people who make bows) in the Country.  There is a wealth of history and knowledge of traditional archey in the state.

Jerry
Wisconsin Traditional Archers - Board Member
Ojibwa Bowhunters of Milwaukee
PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Bowhunters

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »
Steve donates a bow to our banquet each year. He has beautiful stuff. By the way it's great you are join.ing our ranks. We're growing oh numbers each year. Just look at the numbers on this site.

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 05:53:00 PM »
It's not a dying sport, it's an amazing sport. Where from WI are you from? Keep shooting, send me a pm if you need any help or answer any questions      :thumbsup:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Ken Babicky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 08:38:00 PM »
Lotspaih,
I have a Deathwish, 57#@28". Good bow. Mine uses 60-65 cedars with 165grain points, cut to 29". I have had it a long time but have bought and traded quite a bit since, but still have it and still pick it up from time to time.

You did not go wrong with that bow.  Enjoy!

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »
Don't let anybody tell you this is a dying sport. While it does not have the following that the compound enjoys, you will find a lot of great trad archers. This forum is the best location to meet some of the finest archers and sportsmen you will ever have the opportunity to know. Just ask about your technical issues, and you can get plenty of sound advice.

I have a Deathwish bow and like it a lot. It is 68" long and draws 59# at 28". You will get good service from yours. You made a good choice.
Sam

Offline Notso

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 09:38:00 PM »
I own a Deathwish as well. 55# @ 28". I shoot it nearly everyday when weather permits. Steve lives here in SW Wisconsin. Find his home phone number on the internet - and I am sure he will advise on what to do for proper arrows.

Offline lotspaih

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 10:02:00 PM »
Thanks guys very much and so far i love the site! ive learned alot so far and im located in Racine WI. and could anyone help me load pics im not sure how to off of my phone tho? and thank you guys for the warm welcome and not the normal weird looks i get when i ask about traditional archery being only 20
Thanks alot everyone
No sights, Just feel

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©