3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My Bushman American Native RD Hybrid..  (Read 140 times)

Offline JINKSTER

• Trad Bowhunter
My Bushman American Native RD Hybrid..
« on: April 22, 2013, 06:29:00 PM »
is coming along nicely...Steve Jewett (the bowyer) called me up yesterday asking if i could drive up to his place after work today to finalize and greenlight the fit check on the grip, weight and 3 under tiller prior to refinishing asking me to bring some bareshafts..so i did...and i just got back home and couldn't be more pleased with everything...the grip felt great except for one very small spot he's "blending/rounding/relieving" for nice equalized pressure against the entire contact/surface area where grip meets bowhand and he also cut the window inward an additional 1/16th" to nearly spot-on centershot and also trapped the limbs both front and rear to both 1. Bring the weight down from 43#s to 37 1/2#s and?..2. Tillered it 5/16ths positive for 3under shooting and?..my bareshafts came off the bow like silent bullets (at get this)...with the nock point set at a scant 3/8ths".. and shooting with a very loose, open bowhand?..outside of the top limb tip gently rocking back about 3"-4"s at the shot?..she shot smooth and sweet as butter!  :)

we all tune our arrows to our bows but i feel extremely fortunate to have a bow by a local bowyer here who will also "tune the bow to the archer"...and thought ya'll might enjoy a short mid-term progress report and a couple pics of what's going on with it..so here ya go and L8R, Bill.  :)

"ONLY A SPIRITUALLY MATURE DISCIPLINED SOUL CAN TRUELY MASTER A TRADITIONAL BOW"

and i know that's true cause as a younger man i usta call'em a "pull-n-pray"

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My Bushman American Native RD Hybrid..
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »
Bushmen bows are top notch, Steve is a real innovator. I shot one at the Fall TBOF shoot and couldn't believe how fast and quiet it was.

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 08:39:00 PM »
If anyone talks to Steve tell hiim the little short bald guy from Alabam says hello!
John

Offline Longbow917

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 10:21:00 PM »
That is a saawwweet looking bow, make sure to post some finshed photos!

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 10:22:00 PM »
I loved the stringing nocks( Zulu nocks) he put on his bows.

Plus it was a shooter.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline JINKSTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »
Thanks folks and will do cherokee scout...Steve seems to be somewhat of a hidden treasure...his bows are more detailed and shapely with more innovation than many others ive seen...happy the treasure was hidden a 40 minute drive north of me!  :)
"ONLY A SPIRITUALLY MATURE DISCIPLINED SOUL CAN TRUELY MASTER A TRADITIONAL BOW"

and i know that's true cause as a younger man i usta call'em a "pull-n-pray"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©