3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hi Ho, Hi Ho...it's off for moose we go...WE are BACK! pics added.  (Read 4709 times)

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hi Ho, Hi Ho...it's off for moose we go...WE are BACK! pics added.
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2007, 05:07:00 PM »
Yes less than 3 weeks,just got back from Sherbrooke,Que,had a busy longggggg weekend,I better get things going here or I'll be running    :banghead:    :banghead:  .
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2007, 07:59:00 PM »
Was just out shooting...even though I have a few of Jim's bows, and a new chekmate thunderbird on the way next week...My 1st bow from Jim, a  64" 56# @ 26" cocobolo/osage/maple riser, maple core, osage lams; will be the starter.
She gets the call! She is sooooo sweet and hums those tapered ash in like nobodys business  :)

She may not be fancy as the newer bows, but she fits like an old glove and she loves me. ;)

Plus, she is proven!

Offline Luke Vander Vennen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2007, 08:06:00 PM »
Cary I don't think turkey's are legal this time of year    "[dntthnk]"    ;)
Dances with Turtles

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2007, 08:07:00 PM »
a turkey is a whole lot smaller than a moose, I'm thinking maybe we can get an arrow into one eh Luke?

;)  :)

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
You made a good choice Cary,you feel comfortable and first of all,confident with your weapon.
That tom is roughly the size of a moose boiler room,won't be a problem for you Cary.
If all things are perfect for a stalk,I want to get anywhere from 5 to 15 yard,then,pick a spot    :help:    :D    :D    :pray:
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »
Cary,I've got plenty of stump erras,working on 6 more now and making a dozen more hunting erras,those will be tipped with Magnus1 160gr 2-blade broadheads,they will be making the trip and will be my primary ones.
Will bring 6 more tipped with snuffer 160gr to teach bears a lesson    :D  . Almost done with the sharpening,and working down the list right now.I will resume shooting tomorrow,been healing an elbow problem lately and I think it should be ok now.
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »
I think I'll bring some snuffers for bears as well, I have 3 or 4 of them here, plus Manny just ordered us each a pack of 160 gr STOS heads!! mine will be a gift from him for my hunt, way cool eh? :)
Manny is a swell dude. :)
I have another pack of 145 gr STOS, I'll check which ones will fly best, not sure the 15 gr, will make alot of difference in killing performance, but the 145's may fly a bit better, if not, I'll have the 160 gr. bad boys ready. ;)

Man, a buddy and me were in an new area today to hang a few deer stands...no compass, no GPS and I never bothered to flag our way in.
took us 3 HOURS to get out! lol
STUPID mistake. It is a big area.
I'm definately taking a compass, and a GPS when we go for moose, 'cause that area is "alot" bigger!
BD

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »
:jumper:  you want to make sure you find your stands comes opening day.
I have 145gr snuffer if you want them,never used them ,still in package.For my part I like the 160gr and I have plenty.
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »
Yo Serge; Thank you for the invite!! sure would loke to join you all, but I'm still working on a bull teg, possibly buy one from an outfitter if I can!! just back from visiting sick uncle in Italy, was gone almost a month! missed the best part of Bear season already.
Kep in touch!!

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2007, 12:36:00 AM »
You are always welcome Sergio and there will always be a log in the fire for you bud.Sorry to hear about your uncle and wish the best for him.
Keep in touch.
Serge
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »
Just did some Magnus1 this morning,man those things are scary sharp    :scared:    :scared: ,got rid of all the air on my right hand    :eek:  ,almost done with the arrows that will be behind those heads,this will be a deadly combo    :thumbsup:
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »
Just got in from doing the hills again with my 65 pound pack, 2400 yards, 1200 up, 1200 down! lol  :)

My buddy and I were out early this am, hung 2 stands in a good deer spot, wayyy back I  off the main trail.
sharpened a few STOS heads, man they are WICKED,scary.  :scared:   as soon as the 160's come in, they will be honed up too.

Most of my stuff is ready, still need a bear tag, and to do my food list. :)

It's coming together.
See you Sat. Serge.
BD

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2007, 12:15:00 AM »
Yep,things are adding-up,being packed and only 14 days left to go.
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline THE FOREST WITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2007, 09:25:00 AM »
Hey Guys,
the countdown is on....   :scared:    :scared:    Just a reminder to pack enough food, there won't be any quick trips to the grocery store.
Heard you got lost the other day Cary, remember, FLAGGING TAPE!   :bigsmyl:  

Kelly
Spring, give thanks for the never-ending shades of green

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2007, 09:47:00 AM »
I am NEVER lost....I did get powerfully turned around for a few hours though...  ;)    :readit:    :p  

Scary sharp??? oh yeah, them STOS are Slicker than Owl S#$%! lol

( actually, that is what STOS means)
BD

Offline northern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2007, 02:58:00 PM »
Well guys it's good to see that you are all pumped up for your trip.It should be a great time and I hope many memories are made,kill or no kill,I'm sure that just being there will be worth all the effort.
Cary don't you worry none about them bears ,we live with those buggers everyday,those politicians down in Toronto assure us that we don't have a bear problem,so that must be true ,RIGHT?
From the last few nights on my bear stands I've seen that they don't eat a lot at one time ,they grab and go. The worst that could happen is you lose a chunk of your ass LOL.You can brag about how much weight you lost on your trip.  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  
I didn't draw any tag so I will only hunt for  a calf but I have a 4 day solo trip planed.Maybe hunting alone is not the smart thing to do but I love to hunt by myself.I guess it is because it is such a contrast to the construction sites that I seem to spend so much time on.
Well gentlemen I wish you success and look forward to seeing your pictures.
Kelly I hope you are doing well
OBB I will be giving you a call and Frank I hope your hunting season goes well and send pics

Keep,em sharp and pick ye'r spot
Gary
If it wasn't for Hillary Blackburn I may have never found my way to the woods and the water.I miss you Puppy.Love from your grandson.

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2007, 01:49:00 AM »
Thanks Gary, we'll do our best.I'm with you on the political side of bear issues    :readit: .
I wish yo luck also on you solo hunt and be careful out there.
Serge
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline Can Hahaka

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2007, 02:20:00 PM »
Now that Jim has confirmed that my new bow will be done before he goes I am all for total enjoyment of the trip. Good luck to all!

Whats a Tim Hortons - so kinda museum?
Mississippi Lake Longbow 55#@28"
Woodcraft Equip. 30#@28"
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

GENESIS 27:3 - Now therefore, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow and go out to the field and take me some venison.

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2007, 02:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by Can Hahaka:
Now that Jim has confirmed that my new bow will be done before he goes I am all for total enjoyment of the trip. Good luck to all!

Whats a Tim Hortons - so kinda museum?
.............man are you kidding me????

only the GREATEST coffee known to modern man. :)

And I knew Jim would clear his board..he is da MAN.

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2007, 08:44:00 PM »
Hey don't be calling Tim Hortons any names!
Looks as though my buddy Joe will be going for sure now.He is all pumped for sure.2 more weeks and we are there.
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©