3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hi Ho, Hi Ho...it's off for moose we go...WE are BACK! pics added.  (Read 4710 times)

Offline THE FOREST WITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hi Ho, Hi Ho...it's off for moose we go...WE are BACK! pics added.
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »
Hey Gary,
I'm doing well.  Thanks for asking.  It I could just align the stars a little bit to the right, everything would be just about perfect...LOL

I am greatful that there are no bears in my neck of the woods.  It sounds like they have been causing quite a bit of trouble.   :scared:    :scared:  
  :scared:   Please be careful and don't forget to take some flagging tape.
Kelly
Spring, give thanks for the never-ending shades of green

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »
Hey guys! had a great time yesterday, we were shooting pretty good, yes??   :)  

Thanks for helping with some stand placement.
Serge, I thank you for the pack of snuffers, they will be put to good use.  ;)  

Manny, thanks for lunch and the laughs man, you are a true friend.

And I told you about your Mississippi Lake Longbows...5 minutes to tune, tops! LOL   ;)  
Jim would have been proud to see us all shooting great 30-40 yard groups with our twigs...

:bigsmyl:      :archer:  

Serge, I would say that we are ready for moose/bears, and Manny, you are deer-ready right now.
BD

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2007, 09:13:00 AM »
Thank you for the day Cary and Serge.

Time cannot be better spent than with good friends, in the fields and shooting the longbow

I look forward to your adventures, meeting with you again and looking at the pictures sipping red wine!

F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
Thanks Manny.... ;)   ;)  ...i'll look around where we were taking a break for your glove my friend.
 :)

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »
Great day indeed guys,Cary you never told me you were a sharpshooter    :scared:    :scared:  those moose are no match for sure,my longbow will be smoking this week,just finished another batch of erras this morning,they will be directed to the target Hundred  of times tipped with Magnun1.
Thanks for fine tuning my primal quest Cary,I sent Jim an email for two of those strings,they are awesome.
Serge
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »
Aww Serge...yer makin' me blush...lol, it wasn't me, it was the bow.
Harmony and I are truly linked up; it seems when I'm shooting her, we are in synch( most of the time   ;)   )

You will like the 8125 strings immensely! There is no comparing the b50 with the new generation of strings.     :)    

I had a great time, and it was good to make a new friend, we do after all have a lot in common Serge...    ;)     ( and you know what I am writing of my friend..)

BD

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2007, 11:50:00 AM »
Serge,

I just sharpened up a couple of those snuffers with the method I showed you...WICKED,SCARY, DEVILSHLY sharp.  Any bears that we see?? They are gonna wish they picked a different berry patch!  :)  ;)

BD

Offline THE FOREST WITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »
Hey Big Dog,
you better not impale yourself before you go on your journey up North.   :scared:    You be careful with those scary sharp blades.  I don't think 911 would ever be able to locate you in the deep, dark woods!!! We wouldn't want the bears to get a whiff of fresh blood, now would we LOL!   :eek:  

TFW

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: September 09, 2007, 03:09:00 PM »
:scared:  , Been shooting for a bit and things look scary good at this end.Sergio will be hunting in the same WMU starting next Saturday,wishing our good northern friend a successful moose hunt    :archer: .
Serge
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: September 09, 2007, 05:24:00 PM »
Good luck Sergio!!!!  :)   warm them up for us, will 'ya???

BD( keep smokin' in there Serge:) )

Offline Jim Godden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: September 09, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »
Cary, et al, sounds like you all had a phenomenal week-end shooting.  We had a good week-end at the Valley Sportsmans Show in Carp, but it still would have been better to fling some arrows.

Phil, not to worry, your bow will be on the way by close of business tomorrow.  Tuesday morning at the latest.

BTW lets not forget Tim Horton was a great defenceman for the Leafs back in the day, died tragically in a car accident.  He just happened to own a couple of coffee and donut shops that grew...

JIM
Crecy, Poitiers, Agincourt

Offline Jim Godden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: September 09, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
Cary, et al, sounds like you all had a phenomenal week-end shooting.  We had a good week-end at the Valley Sportsmans Show in Carp, but it still would have been better to fling some arrows.

Phil, not to worry, your bow will be on the way by close of business tomorrow.  Tuesday morning at the latest.

BTW lets not forget Tim Horton was a great defenceman for the Leafs back in the day, died tragically in a car accident.  He just happened to own a couple of coffee and donut shops that grew...

JIM
Crecy, Poitiers, Agincourt

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: September 09, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »
I remember Tim like yesterday,a great player indeed.Glad to hear that you had a great weekend too,way to go Jim    :thumbsup: .We did save a few stumps for you,I was shooting the ones on the right instead just for that purpose    :thumbsup:    :coffee:
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2007, 08:36:00 AM »
I'm a bit young to remember Tim Horton...   ;)      :p    BUT, i read alot about him and watched the old reels of when he played.

He was very good, was a tragic thing the crash.
An amazing journey the growth of those small donut shops; 'specailly when you are in a looooonnnnggggg line up waiting.  :)  

It would have been nice to get to see you at the show Jim, not in the cards though.

I'm glad you got more exposure.
The shooting was fun, and man, we were dailed in!

Those mild R/D longbows are a breeze to tune.  :)  

10 days men   :bigsmyl:

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: September 10, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »
Just checked the lows and looking good so far,low of 0 to +6,need to cool off just a bit more and we are set.highs 9 to 16,could be a lot cooler but this could change for the better or worst,   :pray: . I've seen wearing T-Shirt in the afternoon and waking-up to 4" of snow the next morning    :rolleyes:    :rolleyes: .
Serge
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »
man I would like to go with you...

Good luck Friends!
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2007, 02:02:00 PM »
We wish you were going as well Manny.. :)

Next year!( hung 2 more stands this am, marked trees for 2 more!)

BD

Offline THE FOREST WITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2007, 06:47:00 PM »
Good Luck Cary,
My guides are telling me to tell you that there is a  message for you in the stars up North.  So, look to the sky and see...  I hope that the hunt is everything that you dreamed it would be.  There will be a dream about the bear....
TFW

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2007, 12:35:00 AM »
Yes it would have been nice Manny to share camp fire with you,plan for next year my friend,we'll take Hundreds of pisc and some vids.
Serge
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »
8 more days gentlemen, will be busy packing this weekend and cooking.I can see and smell moose already    :D    :D
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©