3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hi Ho, Hi Ho...it's off for moose we go...WE are BACK! pics added.  (Read 4702 times)

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hi Ho, Hi Ho...it's off for moose we go...WE are BACK! pics added.
« Reply #160 on: September 16, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »
Yes we do!

Do either you or Jim have a packframe? mine was good, the straps are old and finally snapped.
We may get something down wayyyy in , too far for an ATV to go, or too deep!

I'll have 2 stands and 2 sets of sticks, so the screw in would be nice for the 3rd stand if we use it.
I can see at least 6 of us for next fall, I really hope we can make this annual event.
Jim, Me, And Nick will all be pool 1 next year and so will Tom if we can get him to join us along with his buddy.

BD  :)

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2007, 04:41:00 PM »
No packframe here Cary,maybe Jim has one. Thing is to drop one beside the trucks    :jumper:   or close.
Serge
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline Jim Godden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2007, 07:51:00 PM »
Cary and Serge, I have a pack frame ready to go.  I keep a bunch of bungee cords around it and they are a little old and brittle, I'll replace them tommorrow.  

Cooking and packing are all that I have left to do, some stuff, mainly personal hunting gear,  layed out in the basement however the main effort and preparations will take place tomorrow and Tuesday.

Kelly, you are right, one bow left on the bench however the customer cannot make it for a custom fitting until the end of the month, so for all intents and purposes I'm free to go with no work left undone.  Spent the week-end stacking and putting away the winter's firewood as well as some other chores that need doing when you live in a rural setting.  I couldn't in good concience leave for moose camp with my chores not done???

Anyway, looking forward to our meet up on Wed.  I was planning to fletch my moose arrows and mount the broadheads tonight, however thats before I saw that the Yankees v. Redsox is on as well as the Patriots v. Chargers.  Hmmmmmmm.....maybe the arrows can wait.

JIM
Crecy, Poitiers, Agincourt

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
Good luck fellas !! I won't be leaving until Friday myself and can't wait for this week to end.First time I'm heading moose hunting without a bull tag,but something feels right.Can't explain it.Take care and shoot straight.
              O.B.B.
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2007, 08:34:00 PM »
Good luck ya old B****%D! get one down, a bear too if you can...I know we will be trying for the same.

Gonna be a great, great time. :)

I wish you and Joe the very best of bowhunter's luck.

BD

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2007, 04:26:00 PM »
Well guys, got my broadhead arrows flying good, had some extensive tuning to get good flight....
Had to turn them from vertical to horizontal    ;)        ;)        :p    
Seriously, I have never had to do any extensive tuning, EVER! lol, I usually end up going horizontal, have always had good flight that way.    :campfire:    

BD

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »
I checked the 5 day weather up there this morning,warming up a bit,some rain and no frosty nights so far coming-up.
Only a few little things to pack (last minute things),installed two new tires on the truck this morning,and all set-up to go.
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »
Rain.....Got to dig out my work/rainwear!!! I have some somewhere..., noisy stuff though, maybe I'll just stay wet  ;)   :)  LOL
BD

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2007, 09:02:00 PM »
Sounds like me Cary,most of my camo gears is waterproof,that will help.

Serge (at work    :D )
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
Oh ya, I changed my avatar,will replace with a moose one later    :bigsmyl:
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
Most of mine is wool...good for drizzle, not downpours!  ;)

BD

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2007, 07:07:00 AM »
A big old swamp donkey??? that will make a great pic Serge! lol

I got a good feeling we are gonna be flinging alot of wood and steel at them spruce grouses!

And 1, maybe 2 more arrows whistling towards a moose and a bear?????  ;)     :)  
BD

Offline Patience

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »
Hey, you guys get stuck with a moose down and no pack frames, just use the hide. Quarter like normal and cut some slits in the hide to act as a backpack. works good.

Offline THE FOREST WITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »
Hey Cary, Jim and Serge,
don't forget to get gas, I see the price has gone back up!   :eek:   Are you ready?  Are you all packed?
Jim, your mission papers have been handed out and are ready for a plan of attack.  I figure that you will be using the stealth mode of traveling under cover and by dark.   :campfire:    You should be able to sneak into the bush before anyone or anything notices you all...Good Luck and I hope that you have very successful mission.  Stay safe in enemy territory and keep the peace!!!    
Don't forget the ritual of celebration and the victory dance for a job well done!!   :pray:  

Nostrovia!
Kelly
Spring, give thanks for the never-ending shades of green

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2007, 09:33:00 PM »
Thanks Kelly,
14 hours to go....
Serge
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline THE FOREST WITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2007, 05:23:00 AM »
Good Morning!!
and so the trip will really get fired up today!!!   :scared:  
We won't get to hear too  much about your trip from here on in, until the dust settles from the long journey back home.   :bigsmyl:      :coffee:    :coffee:        
Your Humble Servant,
The Forest Witch

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2007, 08:09:00 AM »
well folks, this is it.."D" day! we leave in a few hours.
Got my stuff sitting in the driveway, Serge and Jim will be here around noon, then we will roll off to the north country.

This is gonna be an adventure!

:bigsmyl:  

we will be taking alot of pics, so be prepared for alot of posts when we return.
This is gonna be great; 3 guys, all toting Mississippi Lake Longbows AND hunting with the guy that made them for us??? WOW  :)

Stay tuned. We should be in our spot and set-up by 10 am tomorrow.

Wish us good hunting luck.
BD

Offline swampjoe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2007, 09:59:00 AM »
Good luck lads, drive careful!

Offline THE FOREST WITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
Hello Tradgang members,
I just checked the weather for Opasatika and it is 13C and expecting 5 to 10 mm of rain.  Oh well, Cary and his crew can't do anything about the weather unfortunately!!!   :confused:   I am anxious to hear if they are lucky enough to get a moose and a bear.  
I want dibs on a bear rug for my living room...LOL
   :campfire:   So tonight will be a glorious night to have a mesmerizing campfire ( hopefully with no rain until bed time) and I am sure a few adult beverages, as Cary would say. I hope the crew have a wonderful time and feel at one with Nature.
The Forest Witch

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #179 on: September 26, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »
Anymore news?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©