3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hi Ho, Hi Ho...it's off for moose we go...WE are BACK! pics added.  (Read 4691 times)

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hi Ho, Hi Ho...it's off for moose we go...WE are BACK! pics added.
« Reply #260 on: October 02, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »
Cary,

Just back from our hunt. Good to see you guys had fun in the north. It is a pretty hard goe with archery and only a cow tag. We had two bull tags for six of us. Saw 8 moose total, two monsters!! One of our guys got a three year old bull on day 4 and a big bear couple days later. Both shot by guys with training wheels so I can't post pics on here.
hunt it

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #261 on: October 03, 2007, 08:04:00 AM »
Goodmorning! Doesn't look good for Bear hunting today! hiiiigh south winds , rain . Hmmm see what the afternoon brings! a light drizzle with no wind would be great!

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #262 on: October 04, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »
TTT for the MLLECH team  ;)
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Patience

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #263 on: October 05, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »
good to hear you guys had a good time. Just think you were all nice enough to save them for me next year.

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #264 on: October 06, 2007, 12:12:00 AM »
Ya they will be bigger next year Nick    :) .Great time spent out there,too warm but was nice to be away for a while.
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline northern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #265 on: October 06, 2007, 08:31:00 AM »
Good to see everyone made it back safe.Sorry to hear nobody "made meat " but like you have already said that is only a small part of the adventure.
Your not alone in the "yet to send a shaft"club.My bears turned off a few weeks ago and hits are few and far between.I haven't seen a calve moose all year and as I write this the rifle season is underway.
On the bright side I have meet a couple butchers and have secured a supply of bait for the remainder of this year and next,also both men said that if any moose comein with the legs on I can take the sinew.
If you are still looking for guys to round out your group for next year I would be interested.I guess I will have to buy a bow from Jim now   :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  (what A great marketing ploy).
Looking at the pictures,that I thought were great,I can tell that Cary and I tend to see things from a commen view.
Well I guess I should get dressed and go check my baits than head to the marsh this afternoon to harass some mallards.The marsh should be empty since this is the first day for rifle moose.
talk later
Gary
If it wasn't for Hillary Blackburn I may have never found my way to the woods and the water.I miss you Puppy.Love from your grandson.

Offline THE FOREST WITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #266 on: October 07, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »
Hey there Big dog,

:knothead:   don't you think that it is time that you get a Thread going about Deer Season?  If I'm not mistaken, I believe that opening day was Mon Oct 1st!  I know that it lasts for 3 months too!   ;)    ;)
I'm sure everyone is  anxious to get their teeth into a good read...
Good Luck to all the members that I have had the pleasure of meeting...happy Hunting and Keep the spirits smiling for tis The Season of the Witch   :wavey:  

The Forest Witch
Spring, give thanks for the never-ending shades of green

Offline JUST-DOO-IT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #267 on: October 07, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »
Hey guys, welcome home.

I also came home empty handed but had a great week.  It was way too hot\\windy and the Moose weren't very active.  Had a few bulls come to the call (mostly early morning) and we saw 2 but couldn't close the gap.

It could be years before we get another tag in that area!!  We may need to venture further north.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©