3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hi Ho, Hi Ho...it's off for moose we go...WE are BACK! pics added.  (Read 4692 times)

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hi Ho, Hi Ho...it's off for moose we go...WE are BACK! pics added.
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2007, 09:05:00 PM »
Good Luck Guys, Hoping you bring enough Moose Meat back for Trad Gang... LOL
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2007, 12:02:00 AM »
Harl,I don't care much about arrow speed,sure the faster the better (sometimes),but I like an arrow with razor sharp broadheads that hit and hit hard.
Hope to see you soon bud.
Ron,about the moose meat    :rolleyes: ,quite a huge family to feed    :D  
Thanks and hopefully we'll have something to show you bros.
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline Seeza

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2007, 07:19:00 AM »
Cary,
Yes, the 59# Caddo with an Eskimo tipped 600 gr arrow.  Looking forward to the story of your hunt.  All the best.
Tim

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2007, 07:25:00 AM »
same to you Tim, take alot of pics.

:)
BD

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2007, 07:42:00 AM »
Cary,

That Opasatika area is beautiful, thats where we hunt timber wolves every year. I know that country better than I would like to sometimes. After you chase wolves around on snoweshoes for 8hrs a day you get to know the bush well. It's good moose country and good wolf country. It's a little cold for bears when I'm up there but my buddy from Kap says there is no shortage of them.
We are headed north for opening archery moose as well, we leave the 13th. There is six of us and we have two archery bull tags. So lets hope the cold frosty still mornings are abundant! Good luck.
hunt it

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2007, 08:08:00 AM »
Dave,

Could you pm me? I would like to call you and pick your brains a bit. My long distance is free  :)

Thanks,
Cary

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2007, 11:12:00 AM »
just got off the horn with Huntit...Dave gave me some real good tips for hunting cow moose... :)

this will be a bonus for sure.

thanks Dave.
BD

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2007, 12:07:00 PM »
That's great Cary,if cow moose are like my ex,they must talk a lot    :bigsmyl: .
Started my list,so far so good.Tomorrow is snuffer sharpening day.
SP
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2007, 02:09:00 PM »
Nawwwww, not so much calling, but let me put it this way....I have a pair of Zeiss binos.... Get some good ones; we will be putting them to use!  ;)
BD

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »
Good news!!! I got the word that my new Chekmate Thunderbird is on it's way to Mississippi, to Chad at Recurves.com....kinda a bummer in a way, it was supposed to come from BC to me direct here in Ontario.
A mix-up is sending to Chad 1st, he said he will send it asap as soon as he gets it, gonna be a week later coming to me, but, hell, I've waited since Dec. 1st for this bow!!!   :)  
It is a 58", 54#'s at 26", hickory and actionwood core, waterfall bubinga veneers.
Bubinga and purpleheart riser with dyed actionwood accent stripes.

Topped off with a couple of Chad's custom padded loop D97 strings!! Gonna be a pretty one and I"m betting a shooter.

So, along with my 2 Mississippi Lake longbows, the thunderbird will be heading north as well, may be good medicine.   :campfire:

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
Congrats on your Checkmate Cary,looks like another sweet bow!!
Can we leave tomorrow    :D    :D    :D  ,could barely sleep last nite when I got home from work,too many things to think about and prepare.Got a bunch of broadheads to sharpen,some coming from Tim at bravehearth archery,great service and friendly,always nice to do business with Tim.
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »
Yep, Tim  is a staight up # 1 guy, a real good sponsor here.
BD  :)

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2007, 12:01:00 AM »
I haven't got the maps I ordered yet but will have them to look at when we meet Sept 8th.Should be interesting all the infos we will gather and make choices on.
SP
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2007, 12:38:00 AM »
Large moose bath tub,

Sunset at the lake,

And moose tracks,

Priceless....
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2007, 06:50:00 AM »
Now yer getting me boiled up Serge!!!! lol

got any more pics?  :)

BD

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2007, 07:03:00 AM »
Jim, wake up and take a look! I know you are hard at work making beautiful longbows; but take at least a wee break.... ;)

Offline Jim Godden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2007, 09:23:00 AM »
Cary, don't worry, I've been up for a while.  Looks good.  I'm really looking forward to the break, as you know I took a lot of orders in the Spring and I'm two bows and one outdoor show away from clearing the work board, which I'd like to do before the years hunting adventures begin.  We took ample holidays through the summer but traveling with your spouse is just not the same as a hunting trip...

Serge, There is a good store for maps in the Sparks Street mall in Ottawa.  They have most of the topo maps and charts in the catalogue on hand.  If it's not too late I could see if I can pick them up over the counter.  I was planning a trip downtown to get maps for myself, (along with a handful of good cigars for the trip).

I guess this makes my retirement from the military official, and finally labels me as a civilian as this will be the first topo map I ever purchased!!

JIM
Crecy, Poitiers, Agincourt

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2007, 09:47:00 AM »
Jim,
      Cigars!!! lol, I was planning a trip to our local tobacconist to pick up some as well.
 I have a map on the way that is a hi-quality topo/road map of our area in about a 40-60 mile radius. World-maps in Ottawa. shows ALL the spots, even down to the individual beaver huts, their names and family members...  ;)    :p  

Welcome to ranks of the civies Jim  :)

BD

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »
:bigsmyl:  
Thanks Jim,Cary and I should get all the maps needed early next week.
See ya soon
SP
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2007, 11:19:00 AM »
Serge, I emailed you a list of stuff we need, check it out and let me know what you think.
forgot to add Jim's slug-gun and ammo on the list, you never know with the amount of bears up there at that time of the year!
3 weeks to go!
BD  :bigsmyl:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©