3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hi Ho, Hi Ho...it's off for moose we go...WE are BACK! pics added.  (Read 4700 times)

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hi Ho, Hi Ho...it's off for moose we go...WE are BACK! pics added.
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2007, 12:26:00 PM »
Thanks Cary,good list,still have to go through it and mine too.Just got the softMap5 via mail,awesome!! it cover the entire ont north east down to 1:50,000 scale,great software,we can study some areas and print the maps needed.It has GPS interface too,awesome.
Peper spray would be good too,we had a bear once in the tent just half hour after we went to bed,no fun I'm telling you,fortunately nobody got hurt,took the food he was after and left in a hurry,that beef stew would have been good,grrrrrr.That is when you learn to stock all the goodies away from where you are sleeping    :bigsmyl:  .
SP
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2007, 06:13:00 PM »
My map should be in very soon. will be good to compare the 2 maps on the 8th.

Pepper spray??? they sell it here at the surplus store, maybe I should check into it? you never know what them rascals will do after the night comes and they can sneak in under the veil of dark.  :scared:    :help:  
BD

Offline THE FOREST WITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2007, 06:21:00 PM »
Hey Guys,
I see that the adventures of Cary's crew will begin once again...sooooon.!   :scared:   I don't want to read the headlines on the internet about a bunch men lost in the wilderness area of WMU 24!!!

Please keep the food away from the people at night!  The bears might mistake the crew for food.   :eek:  
 It sounds like the plans will come together  quite easily and I hope that you have enough vehicles and space to pack all the necessities, adult beverages and have to haves!

You better make sure that you bring some coffee.  You never know who will come crashing through the bush with with desperation in their eyes for a Timmy's!!!   :p  Tom...aka OBB!

I wish you all happy hunting dreams and peaceful sleep (without any attacks, hopefully from the bears!)

I hope that you have a successful hunt and are able to start to fill the freezers at home.

It sounds like you will have a blast in the deep, dark woods... I would expect that you will hear lots of howling in  the night painted with stars.

Have a wonderful time, I wish I was going too.   :wavey:   Please be careful and keep your eyes open for any messages in the vast expansion of Nature.  Sometimes there are things that you are meant to see and miss.   :campfire:  

Best Wishes
Kelly
Spring, give thanks for the never-ending shades of green

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »
The northern lights generally put on quite a show that time of year.They may show me the way !!!!!
          OBB
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »
Thanks Kelly,no,there is never a dull moment at night in the northern forest and that make it special,as close to nature as it can gets.I spent 9 days once, 8 miles in without seeing a single person but our own party members,felt good to be away from it all and just enjoy the best of nature.
You are right too Tom about the northern lights and the millions stars you get to see up there,just fantastic.
SP
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »
The northern lights???? wow!!! how cool is that gonna be.

Can't wait to se that:)
BD

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2007, 02:47:00 AM »
Bring a lot of salt for your bear skin,I'll set you up in a win win tree stand,I learned from the master bear baiter,an old Indian guide from Timmins    :D    :D  who BTW is welcome to join us in what will soon become   the famous northern traditional moose camp    :campfire:    :archer:    :jumper:
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline THE FOREST WITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2007, 03:16:00 AM »
Hey Serge,
what are you doing up so early in the moon-filled morning?  I have trouble sleeping and was sitting here wide awake.
  AAhhh, I bet you are getting in the mode for deer season, up early before  they open there eyes and stealth your way into the forest!!     :eek:    
It sounds like you are a pro at packing what to take into the bush on long, extended hunting excursions.
I bet you will have a trailer filled to capacity and more, looking much like "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" LOL     :bigsmyl:    

Have fun packing! Enjoy the rest of your long day ahead of you.  Daylight is no where in sight yet!

TFW
Spring, give thanks for the never-ending shades of green

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2007, 07:46:00 AM »
Serge,

man, you were still up at almost 3 am???? You and Jim will get along famous at the campfire!!! Everytime I hold a get together; Jim is the one who closes shop!
Be a contest to see who hits the hay 1st...I know I'll be the winner, you 2 will have to settle for 2nd place. ;)   :)
BD

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »
I know,have to work till 11:45pm and sometimes later,today have to work a 12 hours shift,yerkkkkkkk,but it's a job.I have access to the net and check on the gang when time permit.
Kelly, I use to pack a lot of stuff,but not anymore,just what's needed,no more.I remember one year we got a cow and a bull on next day,we barely made it back home,overloaded!! Good problem to deal with  thought    :D
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »
I just got done cresting some arrows, 24 of them to be exact!! 12 for Manny, 12 for me.
6 of mine will be heading north for our moose trip, the other six are target/stumping arrows.
Tapered ash, that will finish out at around 630-640 grains, good moose whackers!

I think I'm gonna go with the 160 gr STOS heads, the look like a good head, and I'm betting they will fly like rockets.
I have a pack here of 145 STOS that I'm gonna use for deer; the little extra out front from the 160's will be nice for a moose.
Busy, busy, busy... :)

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2007, 11:59:00 AM »
Ok,I was missing  something    :saywhat:  

Now I'm almost ready...
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2007, 12:12:00 PM »
Serge,
        Did you get that for me ???? Very nice !
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »
Tom, someone already claimed "longbow" so I settle for "longbow1",I wanted a personalized plate to reflect my passion and sport,so I got it now.One word of advise,if you want one,don't think about it for too long    :readit:    :D    :D  they sell fast.
Serge
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »
You are in Alexandria?? should it not say:

Ontario/Quebec ????  ;)    :p    :p    :jumper:  

No Tom, yours needs to say:  O.B.B. #1

BD

Offline Patience

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »
Hey, don't count me out yet. And for the record, I'm not in trouble with the MNR up here. I'm in a battle because they want to steel 3/4 of my land without any compensation. I have my ash arrows footed with bocoté (700- 740gr)ready to go. New bheads and all the gear is ready. I'm still planning as if I'm going, I'm just not sure of what will be happening when the time comes.

Serge, thanks for the invite and I am pretty easy. I have been moose hunting for a few years so have eveything I need. I always look forward to this time of the year! I love the moose hunt!

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2007, 12:35:00 PM »
Absolutely not Cary,I made sure I was on the right side of the Ont/Que border    :knothead:  F-Manny,just kidding    :thumbsup:
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »
Nick,I sure hope you can join us,I will need help to keep under control Cary and Jim    :knothead:    :biglaugh:
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2007, 12:44:00 PM »
Serge.... he ha ha, he he he... ;)  Oh but you got Manny good!! Actually, Montreal is prolly more english than Alexandria!! oui?

Nicky,
         you ain't counted out man, we are still hoping you can come with us! C'mon, you can DO IT!!!
BD  :)

Offline Patience

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »
serge,  I don't know about controlling, but I can sure help you loose them in the bush for a couple days;-)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©