3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: YOU ALL GOT TO SEE THIS...Pachyderm it's what's for dinner NOW WITH VIDEO LINKS  (Read 915 times)

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Wow that is awesome    :notworthy:
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline Buemaker

• Trad Bowhunter
Well, I may be the only one with a negative comment to this hunt, but here goes. There seems to be only standing ovations with comments like: Incredible accomplishment, awesome,great hunt and so on. I certainly se no Incredible accomplishment, awesome or great about this hunt. What I see is a hunt where a weapon not adequate to do the job was allowed to be used. The result was an animal which suffered and  used many hours or was it days to bleed to death.
Is this the ethical and responsible bowhunting you talk about all the time?
Just for the record, I am not against hunting.
Bue--.

Online Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
According to another site it took one arrow, went 50 yds., lungs filled up and it tipped over. I guess his Bow was adequate enough.
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
Bue what is the source of your knowledge?
Are you implying archery eqipment is inadequate for an elephant?
If you read the hunters thread in the dangerous game section it sounded like he really did his homework in preparation for the hunt.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline Buemaker

• Trad Bowhunter
I read the whole story on Texas Bowhunter's forum. That elephant tok a long time to die and yes, I do not think bow and arrow is adequate to kill such a large animal cleanly. Bue--.

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
I just read the entire post on the TBH forum.  One arrow from Buff and the elephant died 50 yards from where he shot it.  Did not seem like it took a long time to die, nor does it seem that his gear was inadequate either.  It was a herd situation where they were aggressive and agitated, obviously pumped with adrenalin to boot.  Seems like an ethical hunt and an ethical kill.  I tracked deer that my father shot with a slug that blew a saucer sized hole in its' side and that deer ran for 400 yards.  

Congrats Buff on your hard earned trophy.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bue,  I read the story and did not get that impression.  What I read was that the bull was down in 50 yards.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  

MAGNIFICENT!!!

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
Is 83#s enough for elephant?  :biglaugh:
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline Caddo

• Trad Bowhunter
Cape Buffalo, Lion, now an Elephant! Pure Awesomeness!

LD
"If your gonna kick a tiger in the butt, you better have a plan for dealing with his teeth!

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
WOW. I always enjoy his vids. Outstanding.RC

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
Plenty of kenetic energy, heavy bow and heavy arrow. 50yrds and down I'd say arrow was in right spot! Well done Marty! Always someone to rain on the party. There's an elephant hugger in every bunch. I've heard it all, they are endangered, they should relocate them if too many in an area.

Bottom line is some African countries cull thousands every year. Who the heck wants thousands of these things dropped of in their neighbourhood - NOBODY. Have been there many times and witnessed the destruction caused by large numbers of elephants, I know that sport hunting is the only solution. Provides much needed $$$ and meat for hundreds with everyone that hits the sand.
hunt it

Offline jarradmears

• Trad Bowhunter
Buemaker,

I think you're a little out of line here.
"Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"

Offline Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
So where do you find all the information on Marty's hunt??
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
Buff, you are the man.  That is an incredible accomplishment non fatal bullet hole or not.

As to Dave's assessment, he is right on.  I spent some time in Kruger National Park last June...we were the first car in and you could plainly see where the elephants had been that night.  They don't just pick things off the tree to eat like a giraffe...they bring the tree to the ground.  Amazing animals and are one of about a dozen animals I do NOT want to hunt with my bow.

Offline graybark uk

• Trad Bowhunter
Well done marty , you've become one of the few    :notworthy:
bowhunting isn`t a bloodsport. its in the blood

hoyt buffalo 55@28/ 56@28{border hex 6.5 limbs }
stalker coyote fxt 62" 52@28

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
Well here goes ... one more for the negative pile I guess. With all due respect,

First let me say congratulation Marty for accomplishing what you set out to do. Getting close enough to an elephant takes real guts, .... oh and alot of money. An elephant hunt must cost as much as a nice chunk of ranchland in TX. Although I would not choose the same goal for myself, I have great respect that you achieved the goal you set.

Bue, I can appreciate where you're coming from and I do personally agree that a bow is not my first choice to use on an elephant. Personally I don't desire to hunt one. Something about it turns me away. Although I understand that the population must be kept in check, and that they provide food, I personally think that to fly around the world to shoot an elephant instead of a local just shooting one celebrates the sport of hunting. I don't believe in hunting for sport alone. That's not to say don't enjoy hunting, it is to say don't hunt only for enjoyment.

Jarrad, I disagree that Bue is out of line. We don't all have to walk in a single file line. We can express differing opinions and still all get along. I doubt many will agree with Bue, but I believe his points are based on a reasonable opinion and on his interpretation of the facts conveyed regarding the hunt. As Voltaire said, "I don't agree with a word you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
Great job Marty!!! Congrat!!!

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
Everyone is entitled to thier opinion, however, this is a traditional bowhunting web-site last time I checked.Clearly the set-up worked because the animal is dead.
That elephant fed 100+ villagers.
What exactly is gained by adding a negative comment(or two)? This is starting to sound like the other(arguing)web-site.
Well done Buff.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Hope you get some proper boots made from that hide.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©