3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: YOU ALL GOT TO SEE THIS...Pachyderm it's what's for dinner NOW WITH VIDEO LINKS  (Read 916 times)

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for the kind words
I will post up a bunch of pictures when I get back home in a couple of days

It was quite an adventure and everything I had dreamed of since I was a young boy

Offline Horne Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
"No argument. Just a differing opinion. Lets not all get too worked up. All I'm saying is I hope the villagers would have eaten with or without a paying hunter to kill the animal."

LittleBen.  You have an elephant sized hole in this arguement.  Without guys like Marty coming over and spending tens of thousands of dollars for the privledge to hunt this elephant, this animal would have already been dead as he had no value other than food.  The money he spent there brings huge dividends to the local economy.  There is truly no down side to this hunt for the local animal population, the local people or Marty.
Live every day like its your last, one day you'll be right.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Updated with link to vidoes on another TG forum.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Your alright Buff.  It is nothing like I had pictured Africa Being.  Thank you for the pictures, and it appears the "Locals" thanked you for the meat you provided them.  This is cool on so many differnt levels.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
thanks Mike
I will no doubt never do anything as intense again unless I survive a plane crash.
It was a adventure I will never forget.
I really fell in love with the villagers.
They had nothing, I mean living in a mud hut eating what ever they caught that day but they were all happy. Everyone I met smiled at me and wished me well.
There is no food stamps or Obama phones these folks had to work hard in their fields or starve. The meat this hunt provided could well be the differance in having protien and not. I was suprised how they shared it with everyone that walked into the site. old folks, kids, lots of ladies pretty much anybody with a bucket or bag left there with some meat.

My favorite picture from the trip is the one above with the spoon.
He had most likely never seen a white guy and wondered what was wrong that messed my skin up.
He didn't care about the morals of killing a elephant or my life long dream to be there. He just wanted somebody to fetch him a bowl of Elephant stew

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
Well done. Congrats!   :thumbsup:
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thank you for sharing those pics!  The locals look happy, happy happy at your success.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©