3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ******* AUCTION BLUE,,,,SKIES - Thank YOU! ******  (Read 4181 times)

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: ******* AUCTION BLUE,,,,SKIES - Thank YOU! ******
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2013, 07:28:00 PM »
This has not run its course. It will never have run its course as long as there are diseases that attack our children.

The needs remain the same, the membership, like the human population, fades and renews, but is a constant. If the economy, or personal challenges cause a slump, then we will have an upturn when things improve, or the membership rejuvenates. But to bemoan and predict the cessation of our efforts is beneath us, and lacking the optimism that is part and parcel of being a bowhunter who welcomes the challenge of traditional equipment.

I am facing a few challenges, but believe in the spirit of the people who frequent this site. And any little bit that we might add are more than what existed before we walked this path.
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2013, 07:45:00 PM »
I have a few more things
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by Killdeer:
This has not run its course. It will never have run its course as long as there are diseases that attack our children.

The needs remain the same, the membership, like the human population, fades and renews, but is a constant. If the economy, or personal challenges cause a slump, then we will have an upturn when things improve, or the membership rejuvenates. But to bemoan and predict the cessation of our efforts is beneath us, and lacking the optimism that is part and parcel of being a bowhunter who welcomes the challenge of traditional equipment.

I am facing a few challenges, but believe in the spirit of the people who frequent this site. And any little bit that we might add are more than what existed before we walked this path.
Killdeer
My feelings exactly Killdeer, well said.
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »
Not THAT well said. Should be "bits are" instead of "bit are".

Killdeer   :rolleyes:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2013, 08:08:00 PM »
Good to hear from you Killie!

Thought you might still be lookin' for a lost arra in the bushes....

Keep the wind in your face!

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2013, 08:09:00 PM »
Technacality.Maybe I should have said well spoken.     :knothead:     :thumbsup:    May your troubles be few my friend. God Bless
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2013, 07:27:00 PM »
Yeah....Rob got Trigger Happy with the emails I think!!!    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline jiane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2013, 08:23:00 PM »
I have received an estimated grand total of 8 emails from Tradgang Admin (4 from today    :wavey: ) in the 7 years I've been on Tradgang.  The other 4 telling of technical difficulties etc.
 Most of us get enough junk emails in one day to choke a horse.  So sending an IMPORTANT email should be a non-issue.  Keep up the good work.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers - Board Member
Ojibwa Bowhunters of Milwaukee
PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Bowhunters

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2013, 07:18:00 AM »
Thanks Guys n Gals.....the items have doubled since I started this thread.....

:notworthy:      :notworthy:      :notworthy:      :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2013, 08:28:00 AM »
This thread does this po' ol' heart a world of GOOD!

I don't keep my head in any one game too much these days, so I missed the beginning "pitches", I guess. The other day, when I got those e-mails from Trad Gang (Thank you, Rob for the wake-up call) about the opening and closing dates for the bid forums, I said, "Holy St. Jude Auction, Batman, is it that time again already?"

IT IS! IT IS!

I wouldn't miss THAT unless I was on my last legs, and I'm not. Fortunately I "gather" little goodies throughout the year to put up for bids toward helping the children of St. Jude - things I hope will tickle folks fancy, and cause them to bid (feverishly) for the kids.

Now all I have to do is get my butt in gear, take pics of the stashed goodies (and whatever else I come across in the depths of my "Glory hole Room") and get them ready to post and add to the growing list y'all good players are speaking of above. First though I will go eyeball the pre-auction listing of items and see what goodies are coming out of other members ditty bags and sink holes.

Remember PLEASE, that any and all items will help and any and all donations of items, bids, cash donations, and your/our precious time, however insignificant they may seem to you, will help the cause and final total gift to St. Jude and it's outstanding work for the Children.

God bless you all, God bless us all - ONWARD AND UPWARD FOR THE KIDS!!!    :clapper:  

Thank you again, TRADGANG, for this sterling annual effort and space/time in the forums.

Got about half of my photos taken yesterday - but week end coming up may produce even more additions to the list. Hope to get items posted during first of next week BUT they will be up (with some of the usual small items to allow more to bid "something" and at least get in on the fun by jacking things up - LOL) before opening bids - Good Lord willing - TRUST ME!      :goldtooth:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2013, 08:34:00 AM »
i truly apologize for some of you that received more than a few of the shotgun emailing that took place a few dayze ago.    

this was the second mass emailing we've ever done at trad gang.  did one many years ago when the membership was a fraction of what it is today, and there were some technical problems sending out over 38000 emails in one fell swoop.  mostly got hung up on bad email addresses, which i fixed during the process.

anyhoo, like terry and others have said, we don't mind taking heat from a few disgruntled members if it means helping out just one sick child.  

so far 19 very unhappy members have emailed us and either wanted to be removed from the "admin mailing list" or wanted to be removed as a trad gang member.  i have obliged all requests.

with that said, most folks who register never really read through all of the registration info and don't realize that they can simply edit their profile and click a box to opt out of receiving any and all admin emails.

ok, back to the auction!
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2013, 08:44:00 AM »
19 out of 38,000??????????????

I wish our government would be so efficient and have that small percentage of complaints.

I got a few more things listed and still have to look around for other things.

biddy up...looking forward to the 19th.  :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2013, 08:47:00 AM »
Rob you guys rock!!!!!!!

Keep it up!!!!!!!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2013, 09:13:00 AM »
:clapper:    :clapper:
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2013, 10:12:00 AM »
Originally posted by Rob DiStefano:
i truly apologize for some of you that received more than a few of the shotgun emailing that took place a few dayze ago.    

this was the second mass emailing we've ever done at trad gang.  did one many years ago when the membership was a fraction of what it is today, and there were some technical problems sending out over 38000 emails in one fell swoop.  mostly got hung up on bad email addresses, which i fixed during the process.

anyhoo, like terry and others have said, we don't mind taking heat from a few disgruntled members if it means helping out just one sick child.  

so far 19 very unhappy members have emailed us and either wanted to be removed from the "admin mailing list" or wanted to be removed as a trad gang member.  i have obliged all requests.

with that said, most folks who register never really read through all of the registration info and don't realize that they can simply edit their profile and click a box to opt out of receiving any and all admin emails.

ok, back to the auction!
I feel sorry for those 19....it's really difficult and sooooooooo time consuming to hit the
delete button.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »
Back to the auction for sure - if they got upset about that they are not needed anyway. As someone else mentioned early  - I think their main problem is a guilty conscience for being that cold-hearted, or just plain too damned touchy to worry about IMO.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2013, 02:18:00 PM »
I really am astonished that any of our members would complain over receiving the emails....Terry/Rob....let us know who they are....will cut their string silencers off their bows!
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline WINDTALKER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2013, 02:23:00 PM »
I for one appreciated the email, I don't always check all my favorite sites but I do check my email.  Now off to go see what items I my need.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2013, 02:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rob DiStefano:
[QB]

Rob,I feel tempted to say "Good riddance".....tempted but I won't.     :thumbsup:

I was not the least upset at getting a few reminders of one of the best things I am involved in all year long!
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2013, 02:55:00 PM »
I got a few. No biggie! My delete finger is a little achy but I will be ok.  ;)
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©