3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A master at work - my Dave Johnson "Ye Snowy Archer" has arrived (pics on page 4)  (Read 1755 times)

Offline bsv

• Trad Bowhunter
my gremlins worked, just got off the phone with the Master himself!! He will start work soon,had to order glass. Burt
R/D's soon to come

Offline Hatrick

• Trad Bowhunter
Alan and Dave, I'll be getting to B-more Thursday morning and setting up my pop-up camper next to Ed Long (Plumber) on the hill to the left as you come into the main camping area. If you get a chance, stop on by.

Burt, one of the great things about DJ is how he keeps in contact. Just an outstanding gentlemen to work with and I'm sure you'll love the finished product.
The scent of Autumn is like food to the hunters soul.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hatrick, I'll already be there, Lord's willing.  My wife and I are pulling out in the morning.  We'll be in a Flagstaff pop-up and driving a black Nissan Frontier extended cab pickup with topper.  Look forward to meeting you. But I'm going to feel left out if you and Alanboth have Dave Johnson bows!   ;)
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline AlanF

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Well my beautiful bow was at the house when I got home this afternoon.  Been busy packing for Baltimore (leaving tomorrow following work) so have not even strung the bow much less taken any pictures.  Hopefully I will get it set up this weekend in Baltimore and get some good pictures.  Man I love the walnut and cedar together set off by the white glass...
"You uncovered your bow, you called for many arrows." Habakkuk 3:9

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Alan, another beautiful Dave Johnson bow! It was so good to finally meet you in person after a few years of PMs and e-mail!  That little gal of yours is a real sweetie.  Clara stole the hearts of everyone who met her at Baltimore.

Hatrick, good to meet you in person as well!   :thumbsup:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline AlanF

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Clara had about as much fun as a kid could have inspite of her algeries kicking in.  We sure enjoyed meeting several of the great folks here on TradGang and visiting with several of the bowyers.  Alot of great advice and friendship shared.

Baltimore was a great time.

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
Alan, There's another one of Dave's bows heading to Connecticut.Should be here in a week or so. I wanted a little heavier than Dave will build now,so I had to go the used route.I'll post a couple pics of it here when it arrives,if that's ok with you.

Offline AlanF

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sounds great.  I'll get some pics posted of mine here in the next couple of days.  

Where do you live here in CT?  I'm stationed at the Sub Base in Groton.

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
Ok,I'm hoping to have it soon. That riser on yours has to look great with finish on it.
I'm down in the valley,Seymour. My daughter went to Avery point for 2 years,so I've been to Groton quite a few times.

Offline Hatrick

• Trad Bowhunter
Alan and David, great to meet you guys at Baltimore. I hope you two can make it again next year. I think it's one of the best shoots around.

David, you were looking awful close at those DJ bows. Maybe one in the future for you?
The scent of Autumn is like food to the hunters soul.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
:D  Who knows????  Just would like to get my hands on a lefty to see how they shoot.  We are SO discriminated against.  :knothead:  I could try Bud B's DJ if I could ever get to a shoot he is attending.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Come down to Sissipahaw in August.  :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline AlanF

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
All right guys here is Ye Snowy Archer my Dave Johnson ERC longbow.  

It is a beautiful combination of Bastogne Walnut, Eastern Red Cedar, a touch of Yew, and White Glass:

Offline Mac Hicks

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Very Nice Shipmate!  I love my Dave Johnson longbow!
U.S. Navy Retired 1965-1989
TGMM Family of the Bow

There are 2 secrets to wisdom: 1. Never tell everything you know.

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
Gorgeous bow. Very classy
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Congratulations!!

Dave does some awesome work!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
That is pretty sharp!!!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
Be-utiful,love that walnut riser, red cedar with that yew and white glass, saaaaaaaaweeeeeeeet. Congrats, let us khow how she shoots?   :thumbsup:
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Classic and full of elegance!!

:clapper:
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
Just thought of something...., you really need to take a pic of you shooting that bow in white pants, and white button up from a kneeling shot, but kneel in the towel......... Classic Howard there.  Seriously you need to be wearing a Sunday hat and a bow tie while holding something that classy
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©