3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Canadian Feather Processor???  (Read 312 times)

Offline Daniel G. Banting

• Trad Bowhunter
Canadian Feather Processor???
« on: May 02, 2013, 02:17:00 PM »
Is there anyone in Canada that processes wild turkey feathers for fletching? Just the grinding of the quill is all that is required. I know it is simple enough to do but I have a lot.

Thanks for any input.

Dan
If I keep my level of appreciation higher than my level of expectation, I have a good day.
Ray Wiley Hubbard

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Canadian Feather Processor???
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 05:01:00 PM »
Can you ship them to the states or are there regulations against it?
Howard Hill Cheetah

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 07:32:00 PM »
The problem is in the postage rates.

Dan
If I keep my level of appreciation higher than my level of expectation, I have a good day.
Ray Wiley Hubbard

Online TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 11:09:00 PM »
Hard to beat the grind Magnus puts on feathers.  I have a couple thousand feathers processed every year and Matt will be doing them all.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »
I agree that Matt does an excellent job, I have used him in the past and the results were as you suggest. My problem is that by the time I finish paying the postage there and back and the customs coming across the border it becomes cost prohibitive. If I could find someone in Canada it would reduce the cost significantly.

Thanks,
Dan
Ray Wiley Hubbard

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 01:22:00 PM »
We live on the border on the St Lawrence river and my uncle has a UPS drop center that many Canadians ship to. I guess the question first would be do you ever make it state side.?

I know Ontario is big just not sure which end you live on.

Another option I believe a tradgang er from Montreal comes to NY often enough maybe you could mail them to him and he could drop them in the post and vice versa if he's willing. I suppose that would work for any Canadian connections you might have that are coming down ( although Toronto is actually south of me) . From time to time.
Howard Hill Cheetah

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©