3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Things you never want to hear.  (Read 671 times)

Re: Things you never want to hear.
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2013, 02:29:00 AM »
'The last bow shooter I let on here, got my daughter pregnant, get off my yard!'  I give myself credit for holding my tongue and not saying anything like, "he must have been blind or desperate."  I just left.

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2013, 02:44:00 AM »
Sitting next to a small tree calling . Stop calling and you hear heavy panting right behind you.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2013, 08:56:00 AM »
It's 7:30 the opening day of gun season, I'm  bowhunting on private property when I hear branches breaking and get ready for my deer when, much to my surprise, out steps a gun hunter.  I questioned him about being on private property and get told the owners nephew gave him and 5 other guys permission to hunt on the property.  Then he asks if I can give him some slugs, he's shot 3 boxes so far, but hasn't killed anything.  I left immediately, singing as I walked to my truck.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline Mike Most

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2013, 10:00:00 AM »
Pretty cool thread,

Having hunted North Eastern Wyoming with my Dad, there was never a question of permission as he always said we had it. One of the last years up there I noticed a discrepancy as a land owner had challenged a couple of hunters in our party. I finally asked Dad when did you get permission? His reply 30 years ago. gotta love em. The lightbulb went off.
"It Shall be Life" (Ten Bears to Josie Wales)
------------------                Michael Most-Adkins Texas

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2013, 12:14:00 PM »
Two weeks before a Saskatchewan bear hunt that I've roped five other fuys into going on with me I get an email from the outfitter saying that he has sold the business, but that the hunt is still a go.  I called the new owner and he said yeah the hunt was still on but that he would not be in camp either, but that he was emplying the same guides that the previous onwner had.  Fortunately, the guides in camp were all old hands and it turned out to be a great hunt, but I spent a few extra minutes each night praying that someone actually showed up to meet us in Northern Saskatchewan.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2013, 01:08:00 PM »
Years back my buddy shot his first buck with a recurve. After field dressing....he says.."I left my tag home in my other pack."     :eek:  

The long drag back to the truck, load the deer and Warden drives by....sees the deer..."Hey nice deer..." Then gets out, walks over and sez.."Where's the tag?" My buddy explains to no avail. Warden begins to write up the summons and I said..."here...use my tag."

Now we're legal....but I did make my buddy pay for my next license...
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2013, 01:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by joe skipp:
Years back my buddy shot his first buck with a recurve. After field dressing....he says.."I left my tag home in my other pack."      :eek:    

The long drag back to the truck, load the deer and Warden drives by....sees the deer..."Hey nice deer..." Then gets out, walks over and sez.."Where's the tag?" My buddy explains to no avail. Warden begins to write up the summons and I said..."here...use my tag."

Now we're legal....but I did make my buddy pay for my next license...
Were you hunting with Billy G.?
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2013, 03:10:00 PM »
My wife asking after driving the car out of the garage: 'What was that cracking sound I heard? You are not hiding bows for me in the garage are you????...."  :scared:
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©