3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thoughts on Zwickey Eskimo 4-Blade  (Read 685 times)

Offline Wolfie2nd

• Trad Bowhunter
Thoughts on Zwickey Eskimo 4-Blade
« on: May 03, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
Just wondering what some of you think of the 4 blade eskimo coming off a 40# bow?? Not sure on whether I'm going to go with the 2 blade or the 4. I would like to use the 4 blade for the purpose of larger entry/exit..... I thinking that only the foam block will tell.
Also how are they to sharpen?

Offline LimbLover

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thoughts on Zwickey Eskimo 4-Blade
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »
My friend Hawley has been shooting and hunting with them all his life and he gets them razor sharp with file, whetstone, and strop. He files the bleeders. He's always hunted with a 50# bow and has never had any problems.

I personally do not like the bleeders or the eskimos, but he's killed over 30 deer with them so I can't argue with the results. They fly great for me but the wing span isn't to my liking. Kinda narrow. I'm sure the bleeders help.
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
 www.michiganlongbow.org

Offline shadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 11:53:00 AM »
Excellent head. I love the 4 blade head. You will have no penetration problems with a well tuned arrow.

Offline Wolfie2nd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
My arrow bare shafted sticks dead nutz strait @ 18 yards. I'm shooting a 2016 @ 28.5 with 125gr head set on a flight mate adapter..

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 12:04:00 PM »
Haven't been at this trad game long, but I'm starting to believe that lack of penetration with lower poundage bows is a myth IF

1)  the angle is right
2)  the arrows are flying straight and

3)  blades are VERY sharp
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 12:27:00 PM »
I have used them on and off on deer for several years.  In my opinion, bloodtrails seemed to be heavier than with 2 blade Eskimos but not the equal to a Woodsman or Delta 2 or 4 blade.  I used a Rada "wheelie" to sharpen the main blade and a file to sharpen the bleeders.  Terry Green has an excellent video on how to sharpen Zwickey 4 blade broadheads.  Lots of folk use 'em and love 'em.  You shouldn't have any problem with them on deer.  Shoot me a PM and I'll send you a couple to try out.
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline 3arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 08:24:00 PM »
I think it has stood the best test out there{TIME]
Believe in nothing,fall for anything

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »
Thje Eskimo's are great heads and have killed a lot of game. I myself prefer a bit more cutting area so I pick the Delta. Usually a 2 blade. I wouldn't be afraid to use a sharp Delta out of a 40# bow.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©