3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wyoming Antelope  (Read 173 times)

Offline shallowobx

• Trad Bowhunter
Wyoming Antelope
« on: May 07, 2013, 08:47:00 AM »
I will be in Casper for work and could possibly sneak in a hunt August 16-18.  In years past I have fished when I make this trip, but thought I might try to hunt this year if it's an option.  Basically, looking for recommendations on a guide/outfitter or trespass fee opportunities within a an hour or two of Casper. I realize that the draw has already occured, so I will be limited on tags/areas to hunt.  Unfortunately, coming out a few days early to scout is not an option.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Offline Jeff D. Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wyoming Antelope
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 09:13:00 AM »
There is a good HMA just south of Casper, but not sure if there will be left-over tags there.  We have hunted with left-over antelope tags north of Douglas with success.
Genesis 27:3 "Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me."

Proud PBS regular member - if you are a serious bowhunter, check us out at     http://probow.discussion.community

Offline pamike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 11:44:00 AM »
Werner Ranch - hunted there last year - AWESOME. Call JJ or Connie and you will not regret it.  Just stay in their house as one of their family and hunt one of their many blinds - TONS of goats and great people.  Price was reasonable too.  

Not sure if you can get in at this point but worth a shot.
HABU Vyperkahn
Elk master
Hill Country Bobcat

Offline shallowobx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »
Thanks pamike, I heard good things about that operation.  The problem is they offer their archery hunts the first three weeks of September and I'll be there in August.

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »
PM atcha!!
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 05:42:00 PM »
Area 102 (around Buffalo) always has leftover tags. The Vets Home has a section of land that is archery only, and there are enough goats there to drive you to distraction, especially if you would like to spot and stalk. There is another section of state land along Rock Cr., and the Bud Love wildlife area will give you lots of elbow room and virtually no hunters at that time. Bring your fly rod, Clear Cr. in the Vet's home area has decent fishing.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline shallowobx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
Thanks...very helpful.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©