3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I won't do that again! .......Lesson learned  (Read 2271 times)

Offline FAIRCHASE

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I won't do that again! .......Lesson learned
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »
A lesson learned many moons ago, always trust your compass,and always pack a surival kit.(even on a one Day hunt) Regards, Carl

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »
never leave the tree stand straps on the ground when you plan to come back in later to hang the stand.  they tend to grow furry little legs and crawl away.  

had to crawl into a thicket 20 yards from my tree to rectrieve one, andlost about 45 minutes of hunting looking for the others.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Offline **oneshot**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2007, 12:00:00 PM »
Trim your shooting lanes, especially where you don't think the deer will be.
Pick a spot,  One tiny little spot        **oneshot**

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »
Don't grunt at 2 bucks fighting, before shooting light...they walk right under ya in da dark!!! I could see the 130"+ 10 pt. in my binos, but without em, he was just a dark blob!
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline fxe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
New things tried,well #1 Recurve #2No Sights #3 No Rest #4 No Deer but had a blast.Did try a thermacell and love it.Works great.

Offline Scott Gray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 10:15:00 AM »
After I pull my LAST arrow   :banghead:  from my quiver as the buck comes back for the third time with a nosefull of that sweet nectar/doe in estrous scent. I see an opening, all I have to do is clear that finger sized limb and he is mine. I have already put the first shot (the one where my nock blew up) and the second shot that I shot low out of my mind)I draw ( I can already smell the backstraps a cooking) and release...whack, thwack. Buck comes back for a fourth try and I just say "Go on now brother buck, I don't have any arrows left.  :biglaugh:  Yes I was having a bad day. I learned two important things. 1. carry more arrows and 2. check my nocks for cracks.
BlackCreek Banshee 42 lbs@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©