3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Recurve or Long bow for Rick Welch style shooters?  (Read 182 times)

Offline HumbleHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Recurve or Long bow for Rick Welch style shooters?
« on: May 10, 2013, 01:08:00 PM »
Anybody know if it matters much to shoot LB or Recurve bows using Rick Welch style in regards to set up, tuning, shootability?

I currently shoot recurve but I was planning on buying a classic longbow but noticed Ricks bows all have recurve risers, does it matter?

Thanks, hh

Offline Traxx

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Recurve or Long bow for Rick Welch style shooters?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »
In his earlier videos,Rick uses severall styles of bows,with the same accuracy.There are a couple of Longbow shooters in the Accuracy factory video.
Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye. Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark.

Offline rbcorbitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 01:36:00 PM »
I shoot both R/D longbows and static tip recurves and I guess I could say that I shoot the way Rick does (definately not as well).

I took lessons from him back in September and was shooting both a longbow and recurve over the duration of the two day course.
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Offline Cato

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 11:12:00 PM »
I believe Rick normally shoots his own Dakota bows. I think he has a riser that will accept recurve or LB limbs.
Most religions teach that you earn salvation by keeping rules. Jesus didn't teach that "good people" go to heaven. He taught that "forgiven people" go to heaven. And He invited everyone, no matter what their past, to come to Him and be forgiven.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 11:18:00 PM »
Rick has won tournaments in the primitive longbow class and also in the modern longbow class shooting the same style he uses for recurves.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline HumbleHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
thanks for the replies all!
hh

Offline Keith Langford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 06:54:00 AM »
Makes no differance what you shoot, just need to follow and perfect his routine and your form, and I highly reccomend buying his accuracy factory video, implementing his routine and go to his school, it will be the best thing you can do and you will be amazed at the differance in your shooting after just the first day.
John 3:16

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©