3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tire kickers  (Read 739 times)

Offline LoneWolf73

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tire kickers
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
Rob, thanks for reading every word I wrote and for taking exception to "one" of "all" those words I wrote.  I did go back and change "this" to "any" as not to discriminate between Web sites.

For the one word to suggest this site was worse than any other site I apologize. This is a great site.

I only play and have fun on two sites. I realize Trad Gang classifieds is not a focal point of Trad Gang but it is a link in the chain that makes Trad Gang what it is. Just like all the Topic headings they should be the best they can be, PowWow, Events, St Judes, Classifieds, etc. I have learned so much by partaking in the classifieds. Hands on bows and equipment. Far more than any other topic except maybe PowWow.

But I still say to you Rob and any other person that if you ask me to take my time to send additional photos of gear and I get no response as indicated above.....I consider it rude and lazy(it is only a reply button in your email how tough is that?).  We are here to work together for a common goals. I do not "have to" sell bows and folks do not "have to" buy them. But it sure is FUN. Except for a "few" rude and lazy folks.

Surely we can overcome those two things that make society as a whole...... weaker.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-BOW in one hand-ARROWS in the other-Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming-WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »
thanx for editing yer post, kim.

i'll say again what i already typed - it's just good manners to acknowledge the receipt of images and/or info that were requested of a seller.

the most we can do is moderate topics and posts, not the offsite actions of anyone.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2013, 09:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jakeemt:
Don't you guys who don't like it when people offer a lower price set your price higher than you want? That way you leave yourself wiggle room. If you only want 250 then post for 300 that way you might get more than you want but, if after some haggling you knock off 50 you still have sold it for what you want and the other guy is pleased with his haggling skills ....win win I think.
That's a nice idea and has worked on occasion, but those of us who move a lot of gear have learned that if you set your initial price too high all you'll hear is crickets chirping. If the price is too high some people won't even bother asking, people are shy   :D
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline LoneWolf73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2013, 09:24:00 PM »
You are welcome Rob and thank you for doing a Great job in Moderating.

My wife said today that I was the "GAS PEDAL" and she was the "BRAKES" in our relationship. I responded and said, "And that is how we get down the road together!"

Safe travels in Life to all of you!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-BOW in one hand-ARROWS in the other-Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming-WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
I cannot imagine having the time to send out pictures to everyone who was thinking about buying anything from me.  I put up a picture of everything I put on the classifieds just to make it easier for everyone.

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2013, 10:41:00 PM »
I too include pics on my listings, don't think I've had folks ask for more.

Offline Bldtrailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2013, 11:10:00 PM »
I'm always looking for that perfict next bow and the only way to find it IS getting your hands on it OR asking for photos.  I've never purchased  a bow with out at least seeing some pictures. I never know what bow will hit my buy button till I see it!  I also post photos for the guys who don't know how, that way I hope If I don't buy it some else will see it and buy!!  Anything you sell will have lookers and buyers all part of the game.
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
 Wounded Warriors

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2013, 01:29:00 PM »
I have bought dozens of bows (and sold almost as many) on here. Just because the bow is a "standard model", that doesn't really tell me what it looks like. When I read "gorgeous waterfall grain", or "spectacular cocobolo" that really doesn't tell me what the bow looks like and looks are definitely part of my selection criteria. One man's "spectacular" might be "middle of the road" to me. Or, even if the grain is fancy, it might be lighter or darker than another similar bow that I'm looking at.

It is definitely a buyers market now and part of the selling process is making your product more attractive than the competing item. I have yet to walk onto a used car lot, look at one car and say "I'll take it".

Especially now that Trad Gang has automatic re-sizing capability for pics, it's not that difficult to post pics with the ad. Post one time instead of e-mailing a dozen times. Faster, easier, and the tire kickers get their thrill and don't bother you with requests for pics.

If it's a used Indian 35# bow for $50 that's one thing. If it's a custom $500 - $1000 bow, your ad has a lot of competition to overcome.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »
I have sold many items on various traditional sites....and have bought much more than that on the same locations.  I ALWAYS post pictures...with every listing for sale.

It is far easier to post a few pictures up front that are representative of the item than to keep up with the constant requests for pictures.

I wont buy a bow based on the description alone....likewise, sometimes I am not sure I want something unless I see the wood combinations, condition of bow, style of bow, etc.  I have read quite a few listings and thought one thing only to realize it is not as expected when i saw the photographs.

For me...if you want to use the internet to sell items...you need to plan on having photographs available for the listing.  Plenty of free picture hosting sites that can be used such as picturetrail.com which I have used for 10 years or more...

Things I look at in pics of any bow especially...if recurve I want to see a picture that shows if the tips are kicking out to one side or the other or full length down bow to show this.  I want to see the writing on bow as to weight, serial number, length, etc...  I want to see condition of arrow shelf/plate...and whether there are inserts or holes in riser.  I want to see condition of limb glass and tips.  Then one for overall profile.

longbow....same other than not as worried about limb twist...but like to see braced and unbraced if possible.

if nothing else...one or two nice clear pictures that show woods, bow design, overall condition will let me know whether interested enough to ask for more pictures or to pass on it completely.

just part of doing business....
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2013, 03:21:00 PM »
round and round and round. this circle is making me dizzy.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©