3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Beautiful new to me Bow pics!  (Read 561 times)

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
Beautiful new to me Bow pics!
« on: August 28, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »
What's black on the back, white on the belly, rosewood in-between, and shoots like a DREAM?

Here's a clue:

"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Beautiful new to me Bow pics!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 09:07:00 PM »
Here's another "teaser", we want to build up to the good stuff slowly, right?  :bigsmyl:  

"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »
Are you excited like a little girl in Springtime? I know I am!  :thumbsup:  

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
Life is very good today. I returned home from two days training out of town to find this jewel had arrived!  :wavey:  

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »
Here's the strung profile of what looks on the outset to be the beginning of a long and intimate relationship!  :eek:  

Offline cvarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »
Jack Howard Gamemaster?

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 09:19:00 PM »
The specs are 48# @ 28", 66" AMO (of course) made 07-10-96, marked "Last Edition by Jack Howard" I was only able to shoot a little bit in the basement at 10 yds, but I could tell right away by how it just stacked em in there this is going to be AWESOME!  :notworthy:  

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »
Nice profile! I love the look of many (but not all) one piece recurves. That one's a looker.  :)
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 09:53:00 PM »
Had it only been left handed  :mad:  

Brent
Congrats on a super nice bow!

Offline ken denton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 10:04:00 PM »
There is majic in that bow because the great Jack Howard built it and had his hands on it.Jack knew that a strong riser would not torque and most people do not realize he weighted each of his laminations so they would be matched[top to lower limb]. He could also tell you who and to where each bow belonged to years later by the code on each bow by lookings up in his records.Theat your bow as a great friend. Ken
"Arrows into the wind", What a wounderful sight!!!

Offline Biff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 10:06:00 PM »
:)  Thank God it was a bow! I thought at first it might be a Nun with a 44 Mag!   :D   Biff
"In case you don't know me, I'm just a friend you haven't had a chance to meet yet!"

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 10:13:00 PM »
What an amazing piece of history.... Congrats, Cameron.  Looks like you've got a good "get"!

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
Looks similar to an old Super Diablo. Nice rare bow you got there. Congrats!

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 07:20:00 AM »
Ya done good.. You'll go far "Pilgrim"
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »
Thanks everyone. I can't wait to get home today and do a bit of shooting. I'm ready for our weather to cool off!   :eek:  It's time to be done with summer and get on with the business of fall! CKruse

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »
don't have one anymore but had a MA2 made with the JH gamemaster grip,  thats a sweet bow!
"Us vs Them"

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »
CAMERON
Welcome to the elite group of Jack Howard owners.  You will soon find that there are Jack howards, and then there are other bows.  

When I used to do the Jack Howard Challenge here in Georgia, I would let a guy shoot his bow with his arrow through my Crony, then let him shoot one of my Howards as close to his weight as I had, using his same arrow, and see the difference in arrow speed.  The ONLY bow that ever shot faster was a Black Douglas Border.  Once they shot a Howard, they were calling Jack the next day.  I never talked anyone into buying a Howard.  I jsut let them shoot mine and that was "'nough sed"

Now that you have one, I won't have to convert you as a believer, you will do that yourself.

Just for the record, according to Jack, it does not matter if your JET was made in the '80's, '90's, or the new mellinium.  Pound for pound they will be identical.  If you ever have an opportunity to pick one up from the "80's, grab it.  It will be as good as one made just before he passed away.  In the JETS, I have 57#, 56#, 54# and 49#.  All beautiful, great  shooters.

As someone said above, you will find the the JET riser is very muck like the Howart Hunter, Monterey, Del Rey, and several other Howatt models.  I like that big blocky grip.

Glad to ee you joining our ranks.  Where did you find it?

Oh yeah,  Charlie Lamb for Howard Strings and feather rests.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 06:12:00 PM »
Jack, I think the conversion may be occurring rapidly. I found the bow on here, and felt lucky to get it. I had to do some creative financing (have a few old Bears at auction currently) but got it done. Thank God for a wonderful and understanding wife! It came with a spare string that was made by Charlie, plus the original. I've emailed Charlie to see about another spare and a couple of strike plates and feather rests. If you get a chance PM me, I'd like to visit a little more if possible. I was wondering what the "Last Edition by Jack Howard" meant, or if that may have been something requested by the original owner. I am the 4th owner of the bow, and it looks almost new. Thanks for responding, and nudging me in this direction for the last year or two! CKruse

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »
With 80 bows hanging on the wall, my wife asked me , "how many bows can you shoot at one time".  My answer, "about as many pair of shoes that you can wear at one time?.  She has never asked again.

I don't know that Charlie has the Jack Howard arrow plates,  I know he can provide you with strings and feather rests.

What are you going to do with the JET?  3-D? hunt? What?

When I got my first JET I was concerned about the 66" length in a treestand.  It really has not been a problem.  You may also be hesitant to take it into the woods.  Don't be.  The finish on Jack's bows is about the hardest I have ever seen on any bow.  Don't abuse it in the woods, but definitely use it.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »
Jack, I will hunt with it. My first custom bow was an Asbell Bighorn takedown 66". I've always done better with bows 60" and over, with the preference being 64" or 66". I set up my spare string last night with some of the rubber jig skirt material I use for silencers. Very quiet, smooth, and accurate. I'm in the process of acquiring and trying to acquire some 2114's. I've always been a heavy arrow guy, but understand these work exceptionally well from Jack's bows. I will be taking some deer with this one soon I hope. Thanks for your information and encouragement. CKruse

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©