3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Can Someone Answer this Hunting Question for Me?  (Read 487 times)

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Can Someone Answer this Hunting Question for Me?
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 10:31:00 AM »
In MT there are a lot of animals without a season/unregulated that you can kill, including any exotic or feral animals . Pretty much only Big game, Fur Bearers, and upland/waterfowl are regulated
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline eidsvolling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
Free legal advice on the Internet is worth exactly what you pay for it. Free advice from a law enforcement officer is worth only slightly more – see a discussion of the federal situation at  http://www.justice.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/title9/crm02055.htm.  Remember also that there are fifty states with their own legal views on the matter.

If you want to know what's legal to shoot, read the statutes and regulations of the state in question. If you have some doubt after that, find a lawyer with knowledge of the matter. Or if you choose not to do those things, ask your forum buddies to chip in for your defense after the fact ...

Offline eidsvolling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 10:58:00 AM »
Sorry, I messed up the link in that last post. Here it is:  Public Authority Defense

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »
Yeah, every state has their rules.  They have seasons on game animals,  they name the non-game animals,  they name the protected animals and have some sort of statement about "other animals".

It has been thought of before and is covered by the written regulations.  Your job to read them.
ChuckC

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »
Shoot first.  Ask questions later.  That's my advice as a board certified internet attorney  :)

DISCLAIMER:  This internet legal advice is for entertainment purposes only.  Any resemblance to real legal advice, living or dead, is purely coincidental.  The Tradgang is in no way responsible for the views of this internet attorney.  Void where prohibited.  May cause serious side effects such as nausea, vomiting, incarceration, disowning by the trad community and loose bowels.  Consult your physician for any laughing lasting longer than 4 hours.  Your mileage may vary.  This internet attorney bears no responsibility for beer and/or milk damage to your computer equipment from it blowing out of your nose.  If you are currently rolling the floor laughing your ash off then please reread this disclaimer when you calm down to fully understand your legal rights.  And please no laughing out loud at work.  People will think you are weird.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 03:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by John Scifres:
Shoot first.  Ask questions later.  That's my advice as a board certified internet attorney   :)  

DISCLAIMER:  This internet legal advice is for entertainment purposes only.  Any resemblance to real legal advice, living or dead, is purely coincidental.  The Tradgang is in no way responsible for the views of this internet attorney.  Void where prohibited.  May cause serious side effects such as nausea, vomiting, incarceration, disowning by the trad community and loose bowels.  Consult your physician for any laughing lasting longer than 4 hours.  Your mileage may vary.  This internet attorney bears no responsibility for beer and/or milk damage to your computer equipment from it blowing out of your nyose.  If you are currently rolling the floor laughing your ash off then please reread this disclaimer when you calm down to fully understand your legal rights.  And please no laughing out loud at work.  People will think you are weird.
Best statement ever!
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline WINDTALKER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »
Dragonheart, don't shoot Bigfoot in Skamania county Washington it's been a felony since 1969. Even with the money and fame felonies suck

Offline DamselflyFarm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 11:13:00 PM »
I agree with WHIP—I'm not sure why and ethical hunther would shoot and kill an animal just for the heck of it. Whether it's legal or not.
Take care,
Jeff

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 12:22:00 AM »
Since this isn't very realistic - like a kangaroo - you are probably both right.  In some states they probably try to write the regs to cover everything (just like shooting a slingshot can be defined as discharge of a weapon in city regs).  In others, if it is not on the books and not specific, you can't be charged (think that is the case with cougar in Louisiana - LDWF didn't admit till recently they were out there).  That probably doesn't help much.  Most normal situations are probably covered by fur bearing, non-game animals, predators, special cases like exotics, non-native, migratory bird, etc.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline Arkansas Osage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2013, 12:32:00 AM »
Originally posted by TSHOOTER:

Originally posted by Arkansas Osage:
(many meth cookers keep them to release during a bust)
:saywhat:  [/b]
I'm serious.

http://cougarrewilding.org/CougarNews/?p=374
"One of my buddies from the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette’s high-rent district recently had a little fun with one of my columns that pointed out that methamphetamine makers in the Missouri Ozarks often keep mountain lions to discourage unwanted visitors, and to distract law enforcement personnel while they destroy evidence. When the meth chefs go to jail, their friends and family can’t care for the cats, so they turn them loose."

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2008/mar/02/arkansas-sportsman-big-mountain-lion-kill-20080302/?print
"One of the most interesting theories that came from that workshop was the belief that methamphetamine makers were largely responsible for the proliferation of mountain lions in southern Missouri. Law enforcement authorities learned that meth chefs often obtain mountain lions from domestic breeders to discourage unwelcome visitors. Often, they keep the cats chained near the doors. When law enforcement officials arrive to serve a warrant or make an arrest, they first have to deal with an aggressive mountain lion, giving the lawbreaker time to flush or otherwise dispose of evidence.

When that person gets hauled off to jail, friends or family release the cat because they haven't the means nor desire to care for it."
"Now take thy weapons, thy quiver of arrows & thy bow & go out to the field, & hunt some venison."

"I caught the caimans on a cane pole baited with hotdogs. I beat them to death with a stick and skinned them with my bare teeth." -dhaverstick

Offline Skipmaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2013, 02:19:00 AM »
We have had axis and fallow deer walking free around here. As well as kangaroos (really) across town. The DEC said they had no say in it, as they were escaped animals. They did say the FDA would have more to say on it. I was told that it wouldn't be illegal to shoot a ferral animal, but if someone claimed it as a pet or loose farm animal you could be in hot water. It's a real grey area!

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 07:40:00 AM »
We have a ranch here that raises yaks, and until they were finally heavily fenced, they were notorious  for escaping. I know a guy who rifle killed one on public land (I helped gut the thing, it was HUGE), and the local game warden told me that if one is off the ranch proper, go for it.  That would be quite the critter with a bow.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2013, 07:57:00 AM »
If it isn';t listed in my gamebook I just leave it be ..I just don't kill things for the sake of killing something but if I had to feed my family cause food was hard to come by then thar's called survival but as of now I just hunt what's legal and follow the LAW bookand all is good...

Offline ursusmajor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »
I was told if it isn't in the regs book consider it illegal. I know here in MI we have several pieces of state property as well as federal land. Regs can differ on those which literaaly can be seperated by a 2 track.

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »
Beaver
In Texas you cann't kill a nonnative species unless there is an established ferrel population.  Killin an animal that got out is just like killing one of my cows.  If there is a ferrel population then they are fare game.  Oppossum, rabbits, and such are also fair game.  If the animal is a fur bearing animal like a coon, or beaver then you are also supposed to have a fur beares licence but most wardens won't get you on that unless you have a bunch of them.
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Offline kennyb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2013, 09:13:00 PM »
Nala-I would say your friends are correct and you are wrong! In every state it cleary states what the big/small game animals are in that local. This is just my humble opinion from the data I have read over the years. Thanks.

Kenny     :bigsmyl:
>>>-------------->
Black Widow-PSA III 60"
Tall Tines Recurve 62"
U.S Army Veteran
U.S. Army Military Police K-9 Corps

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by WINDTALKER:
Dragonheart, don't shoot Bigfoot in Skamania county Washington it's been a felony since 1969. Even with the money and fame felonies suck
I had no idea!    :eek:
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline GreyGoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2013, 09:15:00 AM »
Had an incident in Maryland several years ago concerning a hunter who shot and killed (and ate) and emu, and posted in on youtube or some such.  There was a lot of chatter, including the county sheriff saying as long as the hunter had a valid license (he did) there was no problem.  I have to wonder though, whether its safe to assume an emu is feral as opposed to escaped farm stock, which would not be permissible to harvest.
Jim

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
In NY you can legally hunt/kill numerous animals that do not have specific hunting seasons, and hunt them all year.  These include red squirrels, porcupines, woodchucks and a few different birds.  You just need a valid hunting license.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2013, 07:48:00 AM »
We have a red stag hind walking around our property at times(it's free range). I've seen it 3 times.It's far more skittish than the average whitetail(believe it or not).It's legal game according to the game warden.If it comes by within bow range it's getting shot.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©