3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow quiver  (Read 167 times)

Offline Fidelios

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow quiver
« on: May 20, 2013, 08:42:00 AM »
Hello everyone! How much do you think a bow quiver will affect the bow's tunning? And as the arrows are shot and the quiver gets empty, will it make a difference? Thank you!
My grandfather was a hunter in Africa. He remembered every single animal he harvested. He is my reference.
Bodnik Big Bear #50
Bodnik Kodiak Hunter #50 @28
Samick Spikeman #50 pounds @29.5
Samick Equus #45 pounds @ 28
Ragim Wolf #45 @ 28

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow quiver
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 08:53:00 AM »
Only how it relates to your shooting is important. Do an experiment with your bow and quiver, keep good notes and lets us know how it works out for you.
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 09:52:00 AM »
It depends on many factors.A light 4 arrow quiver that is mounted close to the bow and doesn't extend way in front of it,may have no noticeable affect.

OL Adcock recommended tuning with the quiver on but minus one arrow as that is how it will be with the first hunting shot on game.For that matter,anything that will be on the bow while hunting,should be on when tuning,like silencers etc.

My quivers don't seem to affect tune but I mount them anyway before tuning.

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 10:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by JimB:

.....My quivers don't seem to affect tune but I mount them anyway before tuning.
Same here.  I don't notice a big difference, but tune with them on anyway.  I could see it affecting your form more than your tuning.  A quiver full of arrows that you're not used to shooting with may cause you to drop you bow arm.

Offline Lil Okie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 01:35:00 PM »
I can't tell any difference in tune

My bows see quieter with them

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 02:13:00 PM »
I don't normally use one, I use a hip quiver,but wanted one last season for tree stand hunting so I could get a second arrow nocked with less movement than what was needed to get an arrow out of my hip quiver that was hanging on the tree. You can obviously decipher that I whiffed a shot and couldn't get another arrow nocked:) Anyways, I bought a smaller size 5 arrow quiver and went to the range a couple of times and then went hunting and had no tuning issues and actually took my first bow killed deer. Biggest problem I had acclimating to the bow quiver was just carrying it around, in the shooting position, I didn't even notice it. I'll still use my hip quiver for elk hunting, but when I get the chance to hunt white tail, I'll have the bow quiver on again.
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 02:34:00 PM »
I think a lot depends on the bow.  I have a couple of longbows and a recurve I use a light four arrow quiver on.  I don't notice any tuning issues, or the quiver for that matter.  I bought a light (bow weight, not draw weight)recurve and longbow.  When I put the bow quiver on them it changed the balance of the bow so much I found it a negative.  I don't know if it would have changed the tuning, but it certainly changed the feel of the bow and shot.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 06:28:00 PM »
I know your question is about tuning as in to weight etc and I'm sure there is some difference that 99% of us could never see. However since you asked about tuning with a bow quiver i will say this.  Get you a large piece of paper large enough to draw a outline of your bow on. A newspaper will work..  With it unstrung mark a outline of your bow preferably on its back side.  Now string it up and lay it down on that unstrung line!  Most folks will be amazed how far your bow moves in the fadeouts! Now IF you use a bow quiver that slips or straps over a moving limb THEN YES A BOW QUIVER WILL AFFECT TUNING. But who knows it might help the disign bow you shoot. I personally have never seen a bow shoot better with a quiver that mounts on a working limb  YMMV
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©